ADVERTISEMENT

Testing Numbers 2018- Predictions

This is the report card/election day results for Catholic schools. This is a year long process that involves the entire school (administration, faculty, students, alumni). The countless hours that go into school visits, open houses, going into the community to attend games, neighborhood festivals, etc. this all comes to a head today.

The results have consequences. Bad test numbers and lower enrollment in August mean a loss of jobs. This is the lifeblood of every Catholic school. You either recruit or you die. I know most people on this board look at these numbers in terms of football. There’s much more to it than football or athletics. Every student that tests has been recruited in one way or another. Good luck to all.

Very truthful and accurate. People complain about Catholic schools recruiting. The simple truth is we don't recruit then we don't exist. And that applies to all students. All I know is that the gentleman who is our lead recruiter works his ass off and is an excellent person as well. We love our schools and like/need our jobs, so everyone recruits in our school.

Outstanding number
It was a nice bounceback number. Normally we'd expect 210-230 year in and out with the limited number of kids out there now. Enrolling a class of 190+ gives some much needed breathing room. Unfortunately probably keeps us 8A

Very truthful and accurate. People complain about Catholic schools recruiting. The simple truth is we don't recruit then we don't exist. And that applies to all students. All I know is that the gentleman who is our lead recruiter works his ass off and is an excellent person as well. We love our schools and like/need our jobs, so everyone recruits in our school.
I don't think people complain about recruiting, I think people complain that recruiters pretend the enrollments of recruited schools and non-recruited schools are somehow similar.

Reactions: ClownBaby and mc140
Ladies and Gents,

In a world that is constantly forcing secularism down our throats, and in a thread dedicated to discussing Catholic school enrollment testing, can we please remember our faith and the blessings bestowed upon us during this holiday season and all remember it’s...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Happy Holidays!

I don't think people complain about recruiting, I think people complain that recruiters pretend the enrollments of recruited schools and non-recruited schools are somehow similar.

And I think that people continue to complain/whine even 14 or so years after they complained/whined their way to a 1.65 multiplier to "level the playing field" with respect to enrollment. At the time the multiplier was instituted, I said that this would not be the end of the whining, and I was right. It's just the nature of the public school beast.

Reactions: Gene K.
Correction Marist 278 boys not 288 (granted they could get 10 makeups and hit 288). Hearing Rita from 2 sources - one says 153 other says 171.

Marist 288 (Boys) 305 (Girls). Rita and Larry numbers anyone?
Waiting on the inflation, I mean confirmation:D. Nice bounce back for Rice and good numbers by MC and Marist. Rita had over 180 in my grapevine but can’t get it confirmed yet

Reactions: krock the house
Football wise MC did extremely well from the South Side Catholic schools as far as the top players. Some very strong players coming from the neighborhood schools.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Any numbers of Montini! Football players only. LOL
images

This was the line at 8:00 AM this morning in Lombard.

dumb question. does each school give its own test or if you are considering multiple schools do you need to test individually at all of them?

dumb question. does each school give its own test or if you are considering multiple schools do you need to test individually at all of them?

Most give the same test on Southside.

Southside and CCL
Both of you took my comment to the next level, remember you used the description of liars not me. I don’t think it’s that serious of thing, simply stating that when tomorrow’s numbers come out those certain schools will not be exactly accurate with it.
In my mind This has nothing to do with negative recruiting or talking bad because I don’t think it’s a big deal that schools do this. I’m not sure why they do this Do this, maybe it’s to keep morale high among faculty and alumni. I know morale was way down at BR last year when the number of testers was reported. I wish BR admin lied their asses off last year if it meant keeping morale up for the spring semester and not having teachers worried about losing their job for the following year. Like many posters on here have stated, it’s all about the number is August.

I also hope every school tests 500 kids like when I tested at BR back in the day.

Football wise MC did extremely well from the South Side Catholic schools as far as the top players. Some very strong players coming from the neighborhood schools.
I’m hearing the same on BR, southside producing talent. Great to see

And I think that people continue to complain/whine even 14 or so years after they complained/whined their way to a 1.65 multiplier to "level the playing field" with respect to enrollment. At the time the multiplier was instituted, I said that this would not be the end of the whining, and I was right. It's just the nature of the public school beast.
And I think I was here agreeing with you as you whined and complained when they did it, trying to figure out how they came up with that arbitrary #. I'm not even sure how you can quantify such a thing. How much do you have to multiply an orange to make it an apple?

The funny thing is you will whine and cry because you as an apple don't want to compete against other apples. That's the most telling part about it.

So was Rita 153 or 171 or 185 or 203? Numbers all over the board but nothing confirmed yet. Interesting. Hearing Provy did 225 total (boys and girls)

Rice didn't post number but posted a picture of the main stands - easily can count over 235 in the pic with some of the stands missing so looks like they did get 258

So was Rita 153 or 171 or 185 or 203? Numbers all over the board but nothing confirmed yet. Interesting. Hearing Provy did 225 total (boys and girls)
I heard 180’s from a couple guys with kids at Rita

That is a low number for PC. Way down from just a few years ago

No DLS tested 185 boys. Larry 131 - Rita tested anywhere from 153 to 185 depending upon who you ask. Larry did test more boys than Provy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT