ADVERTISEMENT

The World Famous CCL-ESCC Predictions 2023 Week 5

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
It's cross-over week, will we see some games that lift and separate our squads? Have we ever seen a defending state champ eliminated from the playoffs in Week 5? Who won the Dab Halftime Dash? Will Benet play two halves? Will Loyola ever fix their speakers? Will ICP be undefeated when LA plays there Week 7? Prognosticate away!

SV @ BR
BR 41 SV 8
CoM @ MC
MC 43 CoM 7
MA @ SR
SR 42 MA 6
SP @ LA
LA 46 SP 7
M @ ICP
Marist 36 ICP 14
SI @ Naz
SI 28 Naz 26
ND @ F
F 24 ND 14
JC @ WSF
JC 42 WSF 21
BA @ DLS
BA 36 DLS 12
PC @ DP
PC 41 DP 7
SL @ Leo
SL 42 Leo 7
MCHS @ Marian, Heights
MCHS 35 Marian of the Heights 24

It's cross-over week, will we see some games that lift and separate our squads? Have we ever seen a defending state champ eliminated from the playoffs in Week 5? Who won the Dab Halftime Dash? Will Benet play two halves? Will Loyola ever fix their speakers? Will ICP be undefeated when LA plays there Week 7? Prognosticate away!

SV @ BR
BR 41 SV 8
CoM @ MC
MC 43 CoM 7
MA @ SR
SR 42 MA 6
SP @ LA
LA 46 SP 7
M @ ICP
Marist 36 ICP 14
SI @ Naz
SI 28 Naz 26
ND @ F
F 24 ND 14
JC @ WSF
JC 42 WSF 21
BA @ DLS
BA 36 DLS 12
PC @ DP
PC 41 DP 7
SL @ Leo
SL 42 Leo 7
MCHS @ Marian, Heights
MCHS 35 Marian of the Heights 24
You’re absolutely out of your mind if you think jca’s offense is gonna put 42 on wsf the way they’re playing right now!

Last edited:
Gambletron is in midseason form I see. Tough spreads this week.

BR -33
MC -35
Marmion +36
LA -39
ICCP +22
Naz +2
Fenwick -12
JCA -21
Benet -24
Provi -34
StL -35
Montini -11

You’re absolutely out of your mind if you think jca’s offense is gonna put 42 on wsf the way they’re playing right now!
Agreed. I think this game is close to a toss up. I could definitely see JC winning, but their offense makes it very unlikely it would be by that many points.

I think it may be more likely that JC defeats SF. But if one team is to win by more than a few scores, I believe it is more likely that that team is SF.

Should be a good game.

JC does have the potential to score more. But it requires better play calling from the beginning of the game, not only in crunch time. We all know the first offensive play will
Be Grigsby up the middle for 2 yards.
The Defense is exceptional this year. That will be huge in this game.

Reactions: ignazio
Viator +33
MC -36
Marmion +36
St. Pats +39
ICP +22
Naz +2
Fenwick -10
WSF +21
DLS +24
DePaul +34
Leo +35
Montini -11

(Edited to fix Viator spread)

Last edited:
BR -33
CoM +36
SR -36
LA -39
ICP +22
Naz +2
ND +10
WSF +21
Benet -24
DePaul +34
STL -35
Montini -11

I trust you JC fans are minding your sand supply. As of now, you’re getting 2 points next week before giving 42, 35 and 22 in the weeks following.
So Ignatius beats Marist. Marist is favored by 2 over JC. And then JC is favored by 22 over Ignatius?

Makes sense.......

I don't envy Gambletron either. This is also a tough week to pick these games with so many large spreads.

Reactions: RockSoup
After missing last week as I was out of the office, the Buffoon is back, refreshed, and probably going to bat 1.000 this week!

Brother Rice 49 Saint Viator 10: BR-33: Why is this game scheduled? Bad for all

Mount Carmel 42 Carmel 14: CoM +36: Another unnecessary Blue to Purple crossover that won't be competitive, but CoM will cover.

Saint Rita 45 Marmion 0: Ponies -39: Blue Purple Crossover = Bad

Loyola 56 Saint Pat's 7: Loyola -39: Games like this should be avoided

Marist 31 ICCP 21: ICCP +22: Marist needs this BAD, but ICCP keeps in interesting

Nazareth 32 Saint Ignatius 30: Naz +2: GOTW. I just cant imagine Naz starting 0-5

F 34 ND 14: Fenwick -10: Fenwick is just more dynamic

Joliet Catholic 45 Saint Francis 28: WSF +21: WSF hangs tough

Benet 29 De La Salle 16: DLS +24: This is truly an odd matchup.

Providence 49 DePaul 6: PC -34: Running clock here

Saint Laurence 41 Leo 18: Leo +35: Nothing to see here

Montini 41 Marian of the Heights 27: Montini -11: Could be mildly entertaining.

If the rain stays away, it will be another stellar evening (temperature wise) to be outside. So be outside, at a CCL/ESCC stadium!

Viator +33 vs BR
CoM +36 vs MC
MA +36 vs Rita
LA -39 vs Shamrocks
IC +22 vs Marist
Naz +2 vs Iggy
ND +10 vs Fenwick
WSF +21 vs JCA
DLS +24 vs Lisle
PC -34 vs Rams
Leo +35 vs Leo
Montini -11 vs Marian

My Very Scientific Playoff Outlook (that likely has mistakes or math impossibilities):

-Brother Rice (2-2): I have them losing to MC and Rita. Beating Viator, Naz, Montini. None of those three are cakewalks so I peg their chances at ~85%

-MC (4-0): 100%

-Rita (3-1): Should get the win vs Marmion this week. Then finish with LA, WSF, SL & BR. All they'd need is a split vs WSF & SF. They'll likely sweep those two. 99%

-LA (4-0): 100%

-Marist (1-3): In the hole, but the rest of their games are winnable. I have them splitting ICCP/JCA and then winning out vs DLS, SP & ND. But not an easy task by any means. 60%

-Iggy (2-2): Think they can split their next two (Naz/ND). Then have them beating Marian & Viator to get to 5 wins. Finishing off with a close one vs JCA. I'll put it at 60%.

-JCA (3-1): With Leo and Marmion still on the schedule, I'm putting JCA at 99%.

-ND (2-2): Not looking great for the Dons. Think the best path is to split their next two (Iggy/Fenwick) and then beat DePaul and then split CoM/Marist. Other than the DePaul game, Dons will likely be underdogs the rest of the season. 25%.

-ICCP (4-0): Tough finish to the season with Marist, WSF, LA, DLS, Fenwick. They should be able to pick off at least one of those though, likely two. 95%.

-Naz (0-4): The much-talked-about Roadrunners. It's looking bleak for the defending champs. Back-to-back heartbreakers have likely sunk their hopes. I see them beating Iggy/Fenwick. But then dropping the BR game. If they finish off with wins vs Marian & WSF, will 4-5 and a whole bunch of playoff points be enough? 30%.

-Fenwick (3-1): They'll lose to Mt. Carmel and beat DePaul. That means they'll need to find one more win vs ND, Naz, ICCP. Not easy, but I think it's likely. 80%.

-WSF (2-2): Brutal schedule for the Spartans. Next three vs JCA, ICCP & Rita. Then a likely win vs Leo. Then finishing off with a Naz team that could be desperate. This is a good team. Will they have enough playoff points at 4-5? Can they even get to 4-5? Welcome to the CCL. 20%.

-Viator (3-1): After a disappointing loss to DLS, the Lions have ripped off three straight. But tough sledding ahead. They'll be dogs in their next four (BR, CoM, Montini, Iggy). They'll need to pull an upset against one of those teams and then beat Marmion. Not impossible. But unlikely. 30%

-Marmion (2-2):Not sure what to make of this squad. I know they are kicking themselves for a one-point loss week 1 vs Maine West. They'll lose this week to Rita and week 8 to JCA. But can they sweep St. Pat's, Larry & Viator? I don't see it. 5%

-St. Patrick (1-3): Not looking good for the Shamrocks. After losing to LA this week, they'll need to sweep Marmion, Benet, Marist, CoM. 1%

-CoM (4-0): The Corsairs are a playoff team. Would be shocking if they somehow ended the year losing to Viator/PC/ND/St. Pats. 99%

-DLS (2-2): One-point loss to St. Pats in week 3 was a killer. They'll be big dogs vs Benet, Marist and ICCP and favorites vs Leo & DePaul. Can they find a way to upset one of those three? Best chance is this week vs Benet. 5%

-DePaul (2-2): Not sure I see it this year for the Rams. They'll likely be dogs the rest of the season (Providence, Marian, ND, Fenwick, DLS). I don't see three wins there. 1%

-Leo (2-2): Nice win week 1 vs Bishop Mac for the Lions. They'll be big dogs the rest of the way though--Larry, DLS, JCA, WSF, Marian. 1%

-Marian (2-2): Another team that I am not sure how to feel about. After they put up a hell of a fight on the road vs HF, they lost by 3 TDs to Viator. They should beat DePaul & Leo. Then will need to find one win vs Montini/Iggy/Naz. I think that's unlikely. 2%

-St. Laurence (3-1): Great win vs Providence! And they needed it with Benet, Rita & Montini still on tap. I have them beating Leo & Marmion. Then a toss-up vs Benet. They should be in. 75%

-Benet (2-2): Blowing a 10-0 lead vs Montini last week was a big blow to the Redwings' playoff chances. Favorites this week vs DLS. Then a toss-up vs St. Laurence. Should beat St. Pat's. Then they finish with LA & Provi. Can they beat one of Laurence of Provi? 40%

-Montini (4-0): Great bounceback year for the Broncos. Shouldn't have any issue finding one more win on the schedule. 95%

-Providence (2-2): A shutout loss to JCA and loss to Larry's. But a nice win vs Fenwick. What to make of this Providence squad? After a likely win vs DePaul this week, they finish with Montini, CoM, MC & Benet. Are there two wins there? Tough. Could come down to that last game vs Benet. 55%

Viator +33 vs BR
CoM +36 vs MC
MA +36 vs Rita
LA -39 vs Shamrocks
IC +22 vs Marist
Naz +2 vs Iggy
ND +10 vs Fenwick
WSF +21 vs JCA
DLS +24 vs Lisle
PC -34 vs Rams
Leo +35 vs Leo
Montini -11 vs Marian

My Very Scientific Playoff Outlook (that likely has mistakes or math impossibilities):

-Brother Rice (2-2): I have them losing to MC and Rita. Beating Viator, Naz, Montini. None of those three are cakewalks so I peg their chances at ~85%

-Rita (3-1): Should get the win vs Marmion this week. Then finish with LA, WSF, SL & BR. All they'd need is a split vs WSF & SF. They'll likely sweep those two. 99%

-Marist (1-3): In the hole, but the rest of their games are winnable. I have them splitting ICCP/JCA and then winning out vs DLS, SP & ND. But not an easy task by any means. 60%

-Iggy (2-2): Think they can split their next two (Naz/ND). Then have them beating Marian & Viator to get to 5 wins. Finishing off with a close one vs JCA. I'll put it at 60%.

-ND (2-2): Not looking great for the Dons. Think the best path is to split their next two (Iggy/Fenwick) and then beat DePaul and then split CoM/Marist. Other than the DePaul game, Dons will likely be underdogs the rest of the season. 25%.

-ICCP (4-0): Tough finish to the season with Marist, WSF, LA, DLS, Fenwick. They should be able to pick off at least one of those though, likely two. 95%.

-Naz (0-4): The much-talked-about Roadrunners. It's looking bleak for the defending champs. Back-to-back heartbreakers have likely sunk their hopes. I see them beating Iggy/Fenwick. But then dropping the BR game. If they finish off with wins vs Marian & WSF, will 4-5 and a whole bunch of playoff points be enough? 30%.

-Fenwick (3-1): They'll lose to Mt. Carmel and beat DePaul. That means they'll need to find one more win vs ND, Naz, ICCP. Not easy, but I think it's likely. 80%.

-WSF (2-2): Brutal schedule for the Spartans. Next three vs JCA, ICCP & Rita. Then a likely win vs Leo. Then finishing off with a Naz team that could be desperate. This is a good team. Will they have enough playoff points at 4-5? Can they even get to 4-5? Welcome to the CCL. 20%.

-Viator (3-1): After a disappointing loss to DLS, the Lions have ripped off three straight. But tough sledding ahead. They'll be dogs in their next four (BR, CoM, Montini, Iggy). They'll need to pull an upset against one of those teams and then beat Marmion. Not impossible. But unlikely. 30%

-Marmion (2-2):Not sure what to make of this squad. I know they are kicking themselves for a one-point loss week 1 vs Maine West. They'll lose this week to Rita and week 8 to JCA. But can they sweep St. Pat's, Larry & Viator? I don't see it. 5%

-St. Patrick (1-3): Not looking good for the Shamrocks. After losing to LA this week, they'll need to sweep Marmion, Benet, Marist, CoM. 1%

-CoM (4-0): The Corsairs are a playoff team. Would be shocking if they somehow ended the year losing to Viator/PC/ND/St. Pats. 99%

-DLS (2-2): One-point loss to St. Pats in week 3 was a killer. They'll be big dogs vs Benet, Marist and ICCP and favorites vs Leo & DePaul. Can they find a way to upset one of those three? Best chance is this week vs Benet. 5%

-DePaul (2-2): Not sure I see it this year for the Rams. They'll likely be dogs the rest of the season (Providence, Marian, ND, Fenwick, DLS). I don't see three wins there. 1%

-Leo (2-2): Nice win week 1 vs Bishop Mac for the Lions. They'll be big dogs the rest of the way though--Larry, DLS, JCA, WSF, Marian. 1%

-Marian (2-2): Another team that I am not sure how to feel about. After they put up a hell of a fight on the road vs HF, they lost by 3 TDs to Viator. They should beat DePaul & Leo. Then will need to find one win vs Montini/Iggy/Naz. I think that's unlikely. 2%

-St. Laurence (3-1): Great win vs Providence! And they needed it with Benet, Rita & Montini still on tap. I have them beating Leo & Marmion. Then a toss-up vs Benet. They should be in. 75%

-Benet (2-2): Blowing a 10-0 lead vs Montini last week was a big blow to the Redwings' playoff chances. Favorites this week vs DLS. Then a toss-up vs St. Laurence. Should beat St. Pat's. Then they finish with LA & Provi. Can they beat one of Laurence of Provi? 40%

-Montini (4-0): Great bounceback year for the Broncos. Shouldn't have any issue finding one more win on the schedule. 95%

-Providence (2-2): A shutout loss to JCA and loss to Larry's. But a nice win vs Fenwick. What to make of this Providence squad? After a likely win vs DePaul this week, they finish with Montini, CoM, MC & Benet. Are there two wins there? Tough. Could come down to that last game vs Benet. 55%
This. This right here is why Ignazio and I stay up countless hours with the abacus, sun dial, constellation and planet map, a farmers almanac, a bicentennial quarter, and Iggy makes me wear that stupid green shade accountants hat that you see on old episodes of like Dennis the Menace on Me-Tv to bring this community the best predictions in the world just so we can have a thread that produces magic like this post by ESCC fan. Bravo

Viator +33 vs BR
CoM +36 vs MC
MA +36 vs Rita
LA -39 vs Shamrocks
IC +22 vs Marist
Naz +2 vs Iggy
ND +10 vs Fenwick
WSF +21 vs JCA
DLS +24 vs Lisle
PC -34 vs Rams
Leo +35 vs Leo
Montini -11 vs Marian

Good stuff!

Reactions: ESCC fan
Viator +33 vs BR
CoM +36 vs MC
MA +36 vs Rita
LA -39 vs Shamrocks
IC +22 vs Marist
Naz +2 vs Iggy
ND +10 vs Fenwick
WSF +21 vs JCA
DLS +24 vs Lisle
PC -34 vs Rams
Leo +35 vs Leo
Montini -11 vs Marian

I always look forward to these outlooks, great analysis and mostly unbiased.

Viator +33 vs BR
CoM +36 vs MC
MA +36 vs Rita
LA -39 vs Shamrocks
IC +22 vs Marist
Naz +2 vs Iggy
ND +10 vs Fenwick
WSF +21 vs JCA
DLS +24 vs Lisle
PC -34 vs Rams
Leo +35 vs Leo
Montini -11 vs Marian

Definitely a quality write up!

So if, for entertainment purposes only, someone wanted to see ESCC fan’s excellent playoff probability post another way, it would look like this:

BR -560
MC off
SR -9900
LA off
Marise -150
SICP -150
JC -9900
NND +300
ICCP -1900
Naz +230
Fenwict -400
WSF +400
StV +230
MA +1900
StP +9900
CoM -9900
DLS +1900
DeP +9900
Leeo +9900
Sparta +4900
StL -300
BA +150
Bronc -1900
PC -120

If an acronym was insufficient, intentional misspellings were used to protect the innocent.

Don’t @ me. I’m just as disappointed in myself as you are.

Anyone under 18 reading this, pay attention in math class. Use that math knowledge to build things and make a better world. Don’t be a Rock.

BR -33
Carmel Catholic +36
SR -36
Loyola -39
IC +22
Naz +2
ND +10
WSF +21
Benet -24
DePaul +34
Montini -11

SV +32
MC -26
SR -36
LA -39
IC +22
Naz +2
ND +10
WSF +21
BA -24
PC -34
SL -35
MCHS -11

St. Viator
Carmel Catholic
Marmion Academy
St. Patrick
IC Prep
St. Ignatius
Notre Dame
St. Francis
De La Salle
Gordon Tech
L-E-O
Marian Catholic

SV +33- Pierce out for the year and Duggar possibly out for the year really hurts the defense. BR wins comfortably but by 28 not 33.

CoM +36- Last time MC was facing a 4-0 team in week 5 that everyone thought MC would steamroll was St. Iggy in 2021 and we know what happened that week. Carmel is good. Like BR over Viator, MC wins comfortably but by 28 not 36.

Marimion +36- See above 2 analogies, 28 not 36.

LA -39- Unless they call the dogs off like they did with BR

ICP +22- Lock of the week!

Naz +2- It's do or die, I'll take them to do.

ND +10- Fenwick si hard to figure out but I think this will be a good matchup.

WSF +21- Shoe in of the week

DLS +24. DLS is not that bad and for whatever reason Benet gets a lot of respect from the Gambletron on this.

DePaul +34- PC is struggling but they still win by 21, not 34.

STL -35- Mighty Men of Leo are a bit banged up and don't have the bench to replace.

MC of the Heights +11- Not confident in this but they can score.

Last edited:
SV - tough one, Lions can cover but they'll let me down
CoM - no insight
MA - " "
SP - no clock, senior day
ICP covers
SI - game of the week
F - qb battle
JC - they tend to cover
DLS - the algo's crushing on Benet
DP - has every reason to cover, but will let me down
Leo
Montini - just realized they are both MCHS, but that acronym is Montini

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
SV with the points. BR easily wins
C o M - see above
MA - again see above
LA - LA will crush St. Pat's open houses
ICP
Naz
Friars
WSF
DLS
De Paul
Leo
Montini

Last edited:
Lot of schools that aren't scoring a lot are showing that they will score a lot.
arnold GIF

SV +33
CoM +36
MA +36
SP +36
ICP +22
Naz +2
NND +10
SF +21
BA -24
DP +34
Larry -35
Marian Catholic +11

Bean, Lausch, Pierce

SV - tough one, Lions can cover but they'll let me down
CoM - no insight
MA - " "
SP - no clock, senior day
ICP covers
SI - game of the week
F - qb battle
JC - they tend to cover
DLS - the algo's crushing on Benet
DP - has every reason to cover, but will let me down
Leo
Montini - just realized they are both MCHS, but that acronym is
told y’all!

DePaul lead in the 4th, before PC crawled it in to go up 33-28, 2 pt failed. DP drive failed, PC gets ball back, 4th down from midfield - punter takes snap runs back to his 1, tackled with barely :00 clock.

Reactions: Blackfriars
DePaul lead in the 4th, before PC crawled it in to go up 33-28, 2 pt failed. DP drive failed, PC gets ball back, 4th down from midfield - punter takes snap runs back to his 1, tackled with barely :00 clock.
I just watched that play. If the Providence player was just a little bit faster he would have accidentally given DePaul the ball at Providence 1 yard line. He wasn’t looking at the clock and was booking it for the sideline at the 1 yard line. Would’ve been a catastrophic loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT