ADVERTISEMENT

Testing Numbers 2018- Predictions

Saving the last night for the best shots. I knew it was too nice. SR went to selective enrollment 2 years ago. It was a big uproar over it inside and outside the SR community. It was a very good move by St. Rita.
Love the ‘inflated numbers’ accusations or ‘don’t trust the numbers’ narrative the night before the test. So many people are stuck in the 80s and 90s idea of recruiting students for high school.

Yes, I am with you on this one. Low blow for sure. Maybe he's still reeling from the unexpected loss to the Rambler?

Reactions: McCaravan
I've explained myself clearly.

Let me put it like this.

There are numerous brands of reliable cars with the same type of features. Some, however, have superior features to others -- but that doesn't mean that the other ones are unworthy. True, the Toyota Land Cruiser is larger than the Acura MDX, but that extra capacity serves no purpose for most drivers.

Also, before you share another lecture on etymology, please google, "charism." Google''s initial definition is "another term for charisma." Your particular definition is one of those mentioned, but it is one of six initial definitions that vary to some degree. I am comfortable with my usage of the word.

Your usage of the word is out of context.

I know I’m not the only one in this thread that just appreciates the parents that let their kids take an entrance/placement exam at a private school. It’s a big sacrifice and not an easy decision.

Is negative recruiting really back in style?
Would that be calling every other schools liars except BR?
Only BR test numbers are accurate?
Does SR regularly lie on their press releases?
Apparently so does my alma mater MC.
And DLS is the worst of all!

Last edited:
Is this the CIA or just test numbers?
You guys lost me
Simple questions;
Everyone lies about test numbers but BR?
DLS, MC, SR administrator are all liars?
Did BR test 170 and accept 166 as claimed?
If not where did BR get the extra students to get to 166 after last years dismal numbers?

Simple questions;
Everyone lies about test numbers but BR?
DLS, MC, SR administrator are all liars?
Did BR test 170 and accept 166 as claimed?
If not where did BR get the extra students to get to 166 after last years dismal numbers?
Ok simple answers
1. Yes
2. Yes if involved in the passing along of inaccurate numbers
3. I don’t know your source on this so I can’t comment on this nor do I know exact numbers. It would be a lie for me to answer this question
4. I’m not sure what you mean with this question, it seems passive agrressive through your blogging.

I do know rice is accurate, I also know last year was their biggest number ever to take the make up test the following week. OC and Badke both attributed this to the new test date. I know topiary, Badke is out of the building so isn’t privy to such top secret info.
Give me a break

Last edited:
This thread is comical - every school is supposed to fax in the sign in sheets to Archdiocese- the number is rarely exact on what goes out - then the telephone tree starts. Iggy historically does great - Marist does good with the co-ed aspect and location. The single sex schools are in a fight for survival now - it's just how it is. Rita seems cool with starting with their 160 per class which is a good spot to be at in this claimate. Rice/MC might take slightly more around 175 per. Larry should be back at 130 boys with the coed factor.

This thread is comical - every school is supposed to fax in the sign in sheets to Archdiocese- the number is rarely exact on what goes out - then the telephone tree starts. Iggy historically does great - Marist does good with the co-ed aspect and location. The single sex schools are in a fight for survival now - it's just how it is. Rita seems cool with starting with their 160 per class which is a good spot to be at in this claimate. Rice/MC might take slightly more around 175 per. Larry should be back at 130 boys with the coed factor.

You are correct and;

The numbers were more accurate than people know, After the makeup test the week after the 1st exam the schools supply the CCL office with a list of names and grade schools the kids came from.

Several years ago (many) I was one of the guys that tabulated the numbers for the CCL. So this piss ant has no idea what he is talking about.

You are correct and;

The numbers were more accurate than people know, After the makeup test the week after the 1st exam the schools supply the CCL office with a list of names and grade schools the kids came from.

Several years ago (many) I was one of the guys that tabulated the numbers for the CCL. So this piss ant has no idea what he is talking about.

so let me get this straight
you know more about all that we are discussing because you answered few phone calls and wrote down some names and numbers?
Now I actually think you don’t know a thing.
Were you still organizing the supply room in Aug of that year when the number really counts?
There’s no need for name calling but I would rather be called a piss ant from a glorified pencil pusher, then the pencil pusher.

Next time you are making coffee for bosses
I take mine black.
Sincerely
Piss Ant

You are correct and;

so let me get this straight
you know more about all that we are discussing because you answered few phone calls and wrote down some names and numbers?
Now I actually think you don’t know a thing.
Were you still organizing the supply room in Aug of that year when the number really counts?
There’s no need for name calling but I would rather be called a piss ant from a glorified pencil pusher, then be the pencil pusher.

Next time you are making coffee for bosses
I take mine black.
Sincerely
Piss Ant

Last edited:
Pencil Pusher post: 189346 said:
So you take St. Ignatius turn away's.

Next question:

When Marist went to co-ed several years ago did BR pick any of the young men who didn't get in?
Sure

pissant post: 189352 said:

Next question:

So BR takes kids turned away from Ignatius and Marist.
And a religious institution, and out of the goodness of your heart BR would take kids who tested at the high schools run by liars who had a change of heart and wanted to now go to BR?

Last edited:
Ummm, what on Gods green earth are you talking about?

I'm going to call it quits tonight. You should expect push-back when you call everyone on the board a liar. But hey I don't have a horse in this race. Good luck tomorrow. I mean it. But you trashed 4 months of good will BR earned in the last 4 hours

Last edited:
Geez, I hope that they all do well.
How about the collective hope becomes that as many young men as possible are provided with a Catholic education to help them strengthen the foundation of their lives?
Perhaps a bit naive, but I isn't the higher objective that they become good husbands & fathers who have positive impacts on their communities and our world?
As entertaining as this thread is, it has devolved to little more than crabs-in-a-bucket.

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio and Gene K.
I think I started something I didn't really mean to. The only guy that posted the opening enrollment was Top from Rice back in August.

I had a bit of a back and forth as I thought theirs was higher.

I am not certain anyone is a liar but the matriculation as mccaravan stated is the important number. Based on where they are located Rita and MC will lose more kids to CPS selective schools from city kids.

The low turnout at Rice really was a topic of conversation around the SSC like never before.

This is the report card/election day results for Catholic schools. This is a year long process that involves the entire school (administration, faculty, students, alumni). The countless hours that go into school visits, open houses, going into the community to attend games, neighborhood festivals, etc. this all comes to a head today.

The results have consequences. Bad test numbers and lower enrollment in August mean a loss of jobs. This is the lifeblood of every Catholic school. You either recruit or you die. I know most people on this board look at these numbers in terms of football. There’s much more to it than football or athletics. Every student that tests has been recruited in one way or another. Good luck to all.

Lol I said almost. Plus 80-90 is almost
Rice had a better than expected turnout - remember last year was the worst exam result in history of school so lots of room to rebound. Success among number of Seniors who scored over 30 on ACT, success in Fall sports, getting new President, getting capital campaigns locked down and initially promoted among alums, were all good things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT