ADVERTISEMENT

Testing Numbers 2018- Predictions

dumb question. does each school give its own test or if you are considering multiple schools do you need to test individually at all of them?
It’s my understanding that all school’s within the Archdiocese of Chicago take the same test and the “local” score is the percentile rank of the student in comparison to other test takers either at the same test sight or within the Archdiocese as whole.

Everyone tests on the same day, at the same time so basically where you choose to test is a declaration of where you intend to enroll in the fall. You cannot take the test twice but you can go to the make up date if you miss the initial testing day.

1st off Krock the House is a moron...typical know it all Rice guy

MC 224
Rita 185
BR 258
DLS ACTUALLY TESTED 394 (198 Boys and 196 Girls) and all numbers are truthful.
Rice up about 70 and Rita down about 70 from a year ago.

And for people to think that Rice has close to 97% of people who test and then enroll, you are a complete moron

Rice is actually up around 90 from its first round test from last year. They had a nice make up and pulled in some others for final tally. Rice has four signed up for make up already. So a great turn around for Rice. Good years for Marist MC and DLS too

Great numbers for DLS...I hope they can field a Freshman football team because that was unfortunate last year.

What do you want me to say rice claimed to have tested 170 last year and enrolled 166. What is your issue?

Great numbers for DLS...I hope they can field a Freshman football team because that was unfortunate last year.
They had enough for a frosh team they all moved to Sophs they had no Sophs. They lose a lot to cps.

1st off Krock the House is a moron...typical know it all Rice guy.
MC 224
Rita 185
BR 258
DLS ACTUALLY TESTED 394 (198 Boys and 196 Girls) and all numbers are truthful. Rice up about 70 and Rita down about 70 from a year ago.
And for people to think that Rice has close to 97% of people who test and then enroll, you are a complete moron

If the numbers are firm SR 223-185 down 38. But that's old math from grade school in the 60's. If BR's numbers are correct congrats are in order. Good for the school's health but locks them into 8A for the foreseeable future. Maybe they laminate maps with LWE on one side and MS LA on the other. The new CCL/ESCC alignment is interesting. The IHSA District Football proposal sucks. I hope it doesn't pass. But if it does It think the CCL/ESCC kicks butt. Could put a lot of CPS out of football. And games 1 & 2 don't count towards making the playoffs? No football coach would every propose that.

Time for winter sports. The "M's" are kicking butt in wrestling. Montini, Marmion, Mt. Carmel are rated 1-2-3. In hockey St. Ignatius and St. Rita are 1-2. And in Basketball too many good teams to single out anybody yet. For the Rita guys circle Dec 4th and Jan 13th. Northwestern vs Michigan. Vic Law and Charles Mathews are having great seasons so far.

Remember this is only high school football.

If the numbers are firm SR 223-185 down 38. But that's old math from grade school in the 60's. If BR's numbers are correct congrats are in order. Good for the school's health but locks them into 8A for the foreseeable future. Maybe they laminate maps with LWE on one side and MS LA on the other. The new CCL/ESCC alignment is interesting. The IHSA District Football proposal sucks. I hope it doesn't pass. But if it does It think the CCL/ESCC kicks butt. Could put a lot of CPS out of football. And games 1 & 2 don't count towards making the playoffs? No football coach would every propose that.

Time for winter sports. The "M's" are kicking butt in wrestling. Montini, Marmion, Mt. Carmel are rated 1-2-3. In hockey St. Ignatius and St. Rita are 1-2. And in Basketball too many good teams to single out anybody yet. For the Rita guys circle Dec 4th and Jan 13th. Northwestern vs Michigan. Vic Law and Charles Mathews are having great seasons so far.

Remember this is only high school football.
Where did you get your hockey info from? CCHL or myhockeyrankings? Provi beat St Ig last night 7-5. SR is #22 per myhockeyrankings.

It’s my understanding that all school’s within the Archdiocese of Chicago take the same test and the “local” score is the percentile rank of the student in comparison to other test takers either at the same test sight or within the Archdiocese as whole.

Everyone tests on the same day, at the same time so basically where you choose to test is a declaration of where you intend to enroll in the fall. You cannot take the test twice but you can go to the make up date if you miss the initial testing day.

But schools haven't made financial aid decisions at this point yet, correct? If another school can offer a better package, i assume students can still apply and enroll elsewhere.

But schools haven't made financial aid decisions at this point yet, correct? If another school can offer a better package, i assume students can still apply and enroll elsewhere.

Schools tell kids they are only eligible for money based off their entrance exam score if they test there.

Do transfers students have to test to get into the schools as well?

To people giving refrefo1 and other BR posters shit about BR testing 170 and enrolling 166 last year, it is very possible. Let’s say 20 more tested the following week, now your at 190, subtract 40 who declined, your at 150, add 16 who flipped their tests and there’s your 166. Every years different you can’t predict these things, but I’ll guess if MC tested 224 they’ll enroll 190-195 using the same process as used above. Last year MC tested 210 but then made a major announcement 3 weeks later, which resulted in them enrolling 170.

Correct. But as MC mentioned, schools say that students are only eligible for financial aid if they test at their school. Or they say aid is not gauranteed if you don’t test with them.

Loyola won’t accept an application unless the student tests there. This is directly from their admissions page. It actually says this twice on the page.
“Eighth grade students interested in applying to Loyola Academy for the 2019–20 year must take the entrance exam at Loyola Academy on December 1, 2018. Applications for admission are only distributed to students who test at Loyola Academy.”

Not that I want or need any more grief from you boys, but there's been twelve presidents since I took my entrance exam.

No, Polk wasn't one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: LAguy and Gene K.
The funny thing is you will whine and cry because you as an apple don't want to compete against other apples. That's the most telling part about it.

I'm pretty sure the private schools play each other pretty regularly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Gene K.
I'm pretty sure the private schools play each other pretty regularly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I wish it was ok to post names of testers who didn't get in. I can think of off the top of my head 3 B1G kids and 1 SEC. The funny thing is once Naz didn't let them in 2 of them went right to a CCL school and gained acceptance no problem.

Reactions: jocas1259
Godfthr,

I was thinking the same thing but not fair to the kids...in addition to those you list, I can think of 1PAC12 and 2 Big12 kids off the top of my head that went to public and other private schools.

I wish it was ok to post names of testers who didn't get in. I can think of off the top of my head 3 B1G kids and 1 SEC. The funny thing is once Naz didn't let them in 2 of them went right to a CCL school and gained acceptance no problem.

Godfthr,

I was thinking the same thing but not fair to the kids...in addition to those you list, I can think of 1PAC12 and 2 Big12 kids off the top of my head that went to public and other private schools.
I don't disagree with it at all either. As a graduate I don't want Naz to lower their standards for athletes.

Joliet Diocese numbers
JCA 195
Benet 428
BIshop Mac 80
IC 113
Montini 140
Provy 217
St Francis 191

ADVERTISEMENT