ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Shuffle

Are classes being considered at all when aligning the divisions? SICP will be multiplied next season so that should put them pretty squarely into 8A.
I heard Ignatius was in the Green (as follows), so I'm guessing it's being considered:

1. Marist 2. Notre Dame 3. Joliet Catholic 4. St Ignatius

I heard the same, and if my info. is correct, I can't blame the school contesting their placement.
The placement of the team originally sure. But they moved them once to make them happy. And now they still aren't. And they are in a fair spot.
It was a complete guess. Any thoughts on who is misplaced?
I mean I know who is misplaced. But need to wait until announcement. Everyone has the blue correct.

If it is the team I have been told, this board will have a field day with them.

100% on the home game for the Corsairs vs. Mount Carmel (in Mundelein ‘23).

Should be week (8).

Last edited:
So a school with an enrollment of a little over 300 draws crossovers with Loyola and Marist. Sound fair to you? Can you have a "field day" with them?
This school has more than 300 kids.

So a school with an enrollment of a little over 300 draws crossovers with Loyola and Marist. Sound fair to you? Can you have a "field day" with them?
And that was fixed. And they didn't like the fix either. That was about 3 iterations ago.

Is half the board bound by NDAs on this subject?? I understand things aren’t in stone but it’s tougher to get any info from this thread than breaking into fort knox.
It appears the info. I was dealing with was the original proposal and that has since been changed a number of times. I guess each division is numbered 1 thru 4. The way the crossovers work is when 2 divisions play each other, the 1's match up, the 2's etc. The original proposal had a lower enrollment school placed as a 1 in their division. They would have then played other 1's in crossover games, which included Loyola (#1 in the Blue) and Marist (#1 in the Green). It does sound as if the Blue is possibly finalized (don't hold me to this), as: 1. LA 2. MC 3. Rita 4. BR. Rita moves up from the Green, and Marist drops down to the Green, if my info. is correct.

I hesitate to post what I had as the other divisions, since it appears as if it's changed a number of times. As a consolation, I'm hearing this will be finalized by the end of the week. Don't hold me to that either.

Last edited:
I’ve been ‘softly’ fed the following regarding CCHS’ CCL/ESCC crossover/non-con schedule (in no specific order) for 2023-2024:

Mount Carmel (H)
Niles Notre Dame (@NND)
Providence Catholic (@PC)
DePaul Academy (H)

Purple:
CCHS
Marmion Academy
St. Patrick
St. Viator

Heard (rumor) they (CCHS) replaced Antioch with Crete-Monee and renewed with Lake Forest for another two-year deal.

This is what I’ve heard. Not validated, so please don’t etch this in stone yet.
Looks like 4 sure losses in there (MC, NND, PC, CM)

I hear Blue is set with Rita and Marist flipping. As MC/Rita went away, looks like Marist/Rice will as well. I think Rice saw booking tough games outside of the CCL schedule is not a great idea. The drop off from the blue plus and top green team is huge. Rita was undefeated in green but lost to Loyola and MC twice but did beat BR

The issue I believe is where do you put certain teams. Ignatius has lost one CCL game in two years and beat MC and are in divdion 4 with state champion Fenwick, who not so long ago was in the Blue.

Where does IC slot in?

JCA in the third tier seems low and why are ND and Benet above them?

How did St L ended up in division 3 and Fenwick and Iggy division 4?

I am not complaining here just stating that slotting these teams is not all that simple as the season of these teams ebb and flow year over year.

I am not complaining here just stating that slotting these teams is not all that simple as the season of these teams ebb and flow year over year.
Very true. I also think they should wait until after the postseason to slot teams in the years when the divisions will be reshuffled. For instance, both Provi and Naz went 5-4. However, both made it to their respective championship games and are loaded with young talent. One of the big challenges, IMO, is balancing the previous two years records with the current state of the programs and their expected strength in the next two years. The arrow is pointing up for both Provi and Naz. Not sure how much expected program strength factors into the divisional slotting.

Reactions: JCHillmen
I hear Blue is set with Rita and Marist flipping. As MC/Rita went away, looks like Marist/Rice will as well. I think Rice saw booking tough games outside of the CCL schedule is not a great idea. The drop off from the blue plus and top green team is huge. Rita was undefeated in green but lost to Loyola and MC twice but did beat BR

The issue I believe is where do you put certain teams. Ignatius has lost one CCL game in two years and beat MC and are in divdion 4 with state champion Fenwick, who not so long ago was in the Blue.

Where does IC slot in?

JCA in the third tier seems low and why are ND and Benet above them?

How did St L ended up in division 3 and Fenwick and Iggy division 4?

The MC/SR game will be a regular conference game instead of a non-con. Others here have reported it will be played week 4.

As far as the BR/Marist game goes the reshuffling is in the final stages. That game could be a crossover during the season or a week 1 or 2 game. If played in week 1 or 2 I believe it's up to the two teams to schedule it.

Aurora Central Catholic, Immaculate Conception and St. Francis will be joining the CCL. What I was told two of the teams will be in 100% next year. One of the teams has some contracts they may have to honor. I forgot which team that was. That was 3 weeks ago that I was told the above.

As far as placing teams goes "past performance does not guarantee future results" is not just a stock market saying. The two goals of the reshuffling are to put teams of equal size & ability together and to try to get everyone to five wins. Many teams may have to schedule winnable games in the first two weeks to get to five wins.

If the ten best teams were put into one conference, the teams rated 6-10 would be screaming like a banshee.

Last edited:
Very true. I also think they should wait until after the postseason to slot teams in the years when the divisions will be reshuffled. For instance, both Provi and Naz went 5-4. However, both made it to their respective championship games and are loaded with young talent. One of the big challenges, IMO, is balancing the previous two years records with the current state of the programs and their expected strength in the next two years. The arrow is pointing up for both Provi and Naz. Not sure how much expected program strength factors into the divisional slotting.
A real fun division would be PC, Naz, SF, and then either IC or JC to round it out.

I know it’s not happening, just a fun grouping to think about.

As MC/Rita went away, looks like Marist/Rice will as well.

This would be a joke and shame on Rice if they back out of it.

Don't both schools have the same CCL record, why is Marist regulated down? Why even move anybody all this does is weaken the Blue, and Marist is gonna blow through Green like the old ESCC?

Keep Blue as is, because I think Marist is a rising football program.

WARNING: COMPLETE GUESS

Blue - MC, Loyola, Rita, Marist
Green - BR, Naz, St. Iggy, NND
Orange - JCA, PC, Fenwick, St. Laurence
Black - Montini, SF, IC, Marmion
Purple - Carmel, St. Pats, St. Viator, Benet
Red - Leo, DLS, DePaul, Marion

Based on ACC joining football 2024, if not let them join Black.

Reactions: ignazio
Keep Blue as is, because I think Marist is a rising football program.

WARNING: COMPLETE GUESS

Blue - MC, Loyola, Rita, Marist
Green - BR, Naz, St. Iggy, NND
Orange - JCA, PC, Fenwick, St. Laurence
Black - Montini, SF, IC, Marmion
Purple - Carmel, St. Pats, St. Viator, Benet
Red - Leo, DLS, DePaul, Marion

Based on ACC joining football 2024, if not let them join Black.
If this holds, it’s obvious some historical names are really ducking competition.

I know Iggy was a FG away from having a rough day vs. ESL but the Green will be too much for them. This class was a special class for them but not the norm. Orange maybe, but not Green.

If that’s the case MC, then I don’t see how they compete in 8A the next couple of years. They will be multiplied the next 2 seasons and maybe fall as the largest school in 7A but I don’t see that happening.

models-bg.jpg

I've never seen this group work so hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT