ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know the new divisions for CCL/ESCC for 2024? They are changing after one year.

I always hated when schools like Hales, St.Joe's,etc trying to build their programs would play a crossover vs Rita,Mt.Carmel,Loyola for a horrible beating & I didn't get it

Reactions: colin2229
I always hated when schools like Hales, St.Joe's,etc trying to build their programs would play a crossover vs Rita,Mt.Carmel,Loyola for a horrible beating & I didn't get it
Tough to build a full competetively balanced schedule and keep it all Catholic and/or private... When the district debates were going on I thought it was funny because catholic schools know the conference struggling as much as perhaps anyone. Been a teneous balancing act for a while.

Was just communicating with a Blue "expert" about whether or not any school could challenge the LA/MC dominance in the CCL/ESCC. Rice seems to be the most likely candidate. They were undefeated on the Frosh level (I know many don't put a lot of stock in that, but it is the most objective measure for future success). They also only had one loss on the soph level. You might not see it next year, but the 25 and 26 seasons bode well for the Crusaders.

It's interesting that LA was 0-3 in the Blue on the Frosh level. When was the last time that happened? The varsity did not seem to skip a beat with Desherow at the helm. I read on here that LA's soph winning streak ended this past season, which was somewhere in the 40s. Can Desherow "recruit" at the same level as Holecek? He sure seems to coach at that level. Can MC also maintain the same level of talent that they've had the last few years? Lynch has been outstanding in that area. We shall see going forward.
Loyolas 2015 team went 2-7 as freshman. One of the best teams they’ve ever had.

I'd love to see LA attempt a national schedule or some hybrid of national and local, but not for the reason you are floating which is that they would have to do it to keep the talent flow coming in. They don't need a national schedule for the talent to come in. It comes in because Loyola is Loyola, playing the schedule they currently play.

TBH, I just don't see LA getting a lot of top end recruits in the first place -- which flies directly in the face of those public school apologists who are convinced that Loyola successfully recruits top talent from far and wide. For years, Loyola's secret sauce has been a combination of excellent coaching mixed with a deep roster of above average players, with very few high end outliers. I will defer to any of the other LA posters on this, but I'm not aware of any current NFL players being former Ramblers. Very few Ramblers ever went on to play in the NFL -- certainly less than some of its CCL brethren like MC and SR.

A good number of Loyola's above average players go on to play D3 ball and LA usually has a handful of FCS-type of players every year. Many/most of LA's FCS players are at Ivy and Pioneer League programs that don't offer football rides. It's super rare to see more than a couple of FBS players in a year, and there are years when they have zero players going on to play in FBS.

I'm not aware of any LA player who has ever looked to play at IMG, much less actually made the jump to play there. Has anyone enrolled as a freshman at IMG with Loyola as their backup choice? Perhaps, but I doubt it.
Only recent NFL player from Loyola is Jimmy Murray to my knowledge. I don’t believe he is on a roster this year but I could be wrong. He went to holy cross.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT