ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Shuffle

MC loses a great senior class and gamers like Dowling, Deacey and Furlong. Despite that, they have many things set for next year. Dupree and Turbo return in the backfield. Elliott ready to step in at QB. Mo Davis, Gilliam, Markett at WR. TE Taylor (started as a soph) is back as well as OC Katumbusi. Defense brings back 3 year starters in Tavon Rice on the DL and Startz at LB. Many guys rotated in like Banks, Chaney.

Circa on Fremont will be posting the Over/Under regular season Win/Loss numbers once the divisions are official and non-conference is announced.
Plus they haven't added through free agency yet.

I see they posted the divisions and schedules on Friday night drive.

Totally agree that it seems they mixed up PC and IC. iC got a gauntlet and PC’s schedule looks way too light.

Also a mention that ACC will not be joining in the immediate future and these divisions are one year only.

Last edited:
Reactions: pjjp
No idea about Kenwood or Sandburg for next year, but I'd like to think Rita would be the favorite in both games.
On the 8to 18 web sites for both Sandburg and SR it shows Aug 25th. It's the only game populated on the SR site. Sandburg has their entire 2023 schedule up and has Oak Forest listed for week two. Would love to have Kenwood week two.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
No idea why Provi dropped down from the Orange.
If I was providence, I’d be just as concerned as if I was IC. If PC winds up in 6A, they will be tested with a matchup with MC and then maybe Fenwick and Benet before the playoffs begin. They better have a real tough weeks 1 and 2 to give them the rugged schedule advantage they always like to have in the postseason.

Had they switched with IC they would have gotten Naz and Francis in their division plus 1-2 good crossovers.

Ignatius is going to have a rough go in the Green. I know they almost made it to state but this was a special class for them, I don’t think the lower levels have had the similar success the past couple years.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRCJR
Soucy tweeted yesterday with his thoughts:

Shouldn't White be switched with Purple or does that reflect expected trajectory of the programs (Providence not yet out of woods enrollment-wise)?

DeLaSalle - from throwing the CCL Blue #6 hot potato back and forth with Fenwick -now to the Red

Soucy tweeted yesterday with his thoughts:

The IC placement seems so odd. I get their success but I think they have the smallest boys enrollment out of all the other conference schools besides Leo. It seems obvious to put them in Provis spot, Provi where Iggy is and Iggy where IC is. IC having to play LA and Marist on top of the other conference teams is a rough welcome to the CCL.

If I was providence, I’d be just as concerned as if I was IC. If PC winds up in 6A, they will be tested with a matchup with MC and then maybe Fenwick and Benet before the playoffs begin. They better have a real tough weeks 1 and 2 to give them the rugged schedule advantage they always like to have in the postseason.

Had they switched with IC they would have gotten Naz and Francis in their division plus 1-2 good crossovers.
It’s only been one year, but the new Providence head coach showed they are back. They belong back in the blue as they were a part of for many years. Where they’re placed now makes no sense at all.

It’s only been one year, but the new Providence head coach showed they are back. They belong back in the blue as they were a part of for many years. Where they’re placed now makes no sense at all.
Not sure how much impact the new coach had on their divisional placement. But it appears there is a philosophy change at Provi. They no longer seem interested in playing a challenging regular season schedule.

Not sure how much impact the new coach had on their divisional placement. But it appears there is a philosophy change at Provi. They no longer seem interested in playing a challenging regular season schedule.
It's not their choice, it was the committee's placement.
What happened to Aurora Central Catholic? I thought they were coming in.

I thought Tomloner posted that they had to honor some past commitments. They are in for most sports next year. But it is going to take and extra year or so for football.
I thought it was a two year schedule. But will fined tuned in a year. 90% is supposed to stay the same but the lower levels will adjust.

What happened to Aurora Central Catholic? I thought they were coming in.
Soucie had an article a few weeks ago mentioning ACC’s low total program numbers as the reason why they did not join this coming season. Wondering what happens if their numbers stay stagnant or drop further.

Also mentioned this whole arrangement was for one year. I guess that leaves open the possibility of another major reshuffle after this year. I have to imagine PC bumps up and IC drops down in time for 2024 season. That plus possibly adding ACC then means the whole thing probably gets redone from scratch for 2024 in my opinion.

It’s just weird. I mean it’s not like they didn’t play IC in their old league. I guess the CCL/ESCC could solve problems like this by not having the red division play the top two divisions. And ACC would fit in nicely with Leo and DePaul. Regardless, I understand where they’re coming from and if this is how they feel, why didn’t they just join the new breakaway Catholic league with all the small schools like St. Ed’s and Christ the King?

All.... A question for the Bronco fans on this board. I saw a Steve Soucie tweet from yesterday. Working up his master schedule he still hasn't found Montini and ICC showing a week one game.

Are you gents hooking up again this year or is that dependent upon how all of these division moves end up? Just curious. Ratsy

Montini website has them opening on Aug. 25 at home vs. a school called UIC College Prep which I am 100 pct. guessing is UIC Noble. Week 2 is at Hillcrest and then come 7 games vs. Chicago Catholic League foes from one division or another.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Dean- What's the official tally on transfers to date? I know HF guy (DL?) Lincoln Way West OL Maine South WR (4 star?), TFNorth? - 5 or 6 total who should see the field.
they have actually LOL. OL and maybe he will also go a little on DL.

Dean- What's the official tally on transfers to date? I know HF guy (DL?) Lincoln Way West OL Maine South WR (4 star?), TFNorth? - 5 or 6 total who should see the field.
You forgot the DB from Dekalb who transferred in LOL.

They got a DL from Providence that’s in the 25 class. And as Dean said some DB from Macomb that I have no clue who he is but he has some D1 offers. Didn’t hear of anyone from TF North….got a TF South guy last year that’s getting some big offers. We’re like BR in 2019/2021 with these pick ups 😀. The kid from HF was at MC, left, saw the errors of his ways and came back. Kid from Maine South is legit I hear.

Lot of people "moving" to play for the Caravan. The question is, where do the kids who are getting bumped out transfer to?

Lot of people "moving" to play for the Caravan. The question is, where do the kids who are getting bumped out transfer to?
You think the kids would want to leave a state title contending team? How many running clock games do you anticipate them having this year so the ones getting "pushed out" could potentially play?

You think the kids would want to leave a state title contending team?
Yes. Kids do not want to sit. Especially seniors. We had plenty leave when I was there that passed up a title chance to play somewhere else. That was without transfers and years before social media made it more common.

Reactions: Brin22
Just transferring doesn’t guarantee you a starting job. They are going to play the best player for that position that best fits their system. I’ve seen players that transferred to MC that rode the bench. Many are very talented and do win the spot and it sucks for the player but it’s a competition. I don’t agree with it but if the player is transferring to a school regardless, if you don’t take him in a rival school in your conference will. Not too many schools in the CCL are going to turn away talent or another tuition

Yeah, just imagine being a senior, putting in the work, you're in line to start a transfer comes in who is better than you...how are you going to feel. I get it, shit happens. You play sports because you want to play and if transferring gives you the best option, why the hell wouldn't you. Kids from the southside all know each other and know each teams strengths and weaknesses

Not sure if this is true, but I want to say I heard someone also mention an OL from Kenneddy or another CPS school.

Not sure if this is true, but I want to say I heard someone also mention an OL from Kenneddy or another CPS school.
Haven’t heard of him but if he went to Kennedy then he’s in for a rude awaking in the CCL Blue. They are at the very low level of the CPS.

Yeah, just imagine being a senior, putting in the work, you're in line to start a transfer comes in who is better than you...how are you going to feel. I get it, shit happens. You play sports because you want to play and if transferring gives you the best option, why the hell wouldn't you. Kids from the southside all know each other and know each teams strengths and weaknesses
I don’t like it either. I’ve known kids in the neighborhood that went to CCL schools and had it happen to them, but it’s just been the trend the past couple years and I think you can thank the College portal and from what Im told these BOOM 7 on 7 leagues play a big part. Also these schools are caught between a rock and a hard place …do they tell a highly regarded player that wants to attend and can successfully go through one of the 200 loop holes that have been opened to transfers in recent years that no you don’t want him? Because another school will gladly take him. Wait to some of these players go to College and feel the sting of the NCAA portal.

Reactions: Gene K.
I graduated from a public school so consider that before reading this, but if all of your sources are correct and from what I've pieced together from this thread, am I right in assuming these were the original divisions proposed until a wrench was thrown into the plans?

You Catholic school guys know how to keep a secret that's for sure lol.

From what it looks like with the crossovers released is that Blue doesn't play Purple, Green doesn't play White, and Orange doesn't play Red. I'm assuming all the 1s play each other in crossovers and on down the line, even though I don't know if that is how it works and if they are actually ranked like this 1-4, but I believe it is based on a formula.

Blue
1. Loyola
2. Mount Carmel
3. St. Rita
4. Brother Rice

Green
1. Marist
2. Notre Dame
3. Joliet Catholic
4. St. Ignatius

White
1. Benet
2. Providence
3. St. Laurence
4. Montini

Orange
1. IC
2. Fenwick
3. St. Francis
4. Nazareth

Purple
1. St. Patrick
2. Carmel
3. Marmion
4. St. Viator

Red (1, 3, and 4 I am not sure on since no one has commented much on Red crossovers and I'm assuming Aurora Catholic is not in until 2024)
1. Marian
2. DePaul
3. Leo
4. De La Salle
This post is very commendable. As of December 8, 2022 "niualum2002" had the divisions exactly correct. Well done!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT