ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Shuffle

Good catch. I believe the bottom division will have 5 teams.
It’s really too bad that they did not keep Marian Central Catholic, pick up St Ed’s and Christ the King- and just re-add Bishop McNamara. Saint Edward and Christ the King would’ve slide it in nicely with Leo and DePaul, And maybe ACC for a bottom division of five,

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Hearing 2023-24 divisions and schedules will be determined/announced very, very soon.

Will be 6 divisions of 4. The formula (conference W/L, enrollment, program head count) and AD input/projection was considered.
OW,

Appreciate the info. Please let us know as soon U hear something.

Btw, U have any info on any teams in which division. I'm impatient!

OW,

Appreciate the info. Please let us know as soon U hear something.

Btw, U have any info on any teams in which division. I'm impatient!
I'll be interested to see where St. Francis and IC are placed. IC has been a consistent small school power for awhile, and St. Francis seems to be a program on the rise with a higher enrollment. Some teams have struggled in their current divisions: Benet, Montini and De La Salle. Do they get "moved down"? Ignatius and Fenwick have had a nice two-year run and have a higher enrollment than say a JCA. Does one get moved to the Green to replace Benet? Does JCA get moved to the Green after going 6-0 the last two years in the Orange? They have the recent success, but are a lower enrollment school. Lots of questions....should be interesting to see how it plays out.

What encourages you to make such stupid comments?
You think that you're everyone's moral and intellectual superior, but one of the symptoms of cognitive impairment is constantly repeating something you've already said. I don't know how many times you've knocked other schools for not stepping up in class, but it has to be in the hundreds. I used to think that you were just a crank, but now I think it's more serious.

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see where St. Francis and IC are placed. IC has been a consistent small school power for awhile, and St. Francis seems to be a program on the rise with a higher enrollment. Some teams have struggled in their current divisions: Benet, Montini and De La Salle. Do they get "moved down"? Ignatius and Fenwick have had a nice two-year run and have a higher enrollment than say a JCA. Does one get moved to the Green to replace Benet? Does JCA get moved to the Green after going 6-0 the last two years in the Orange? They have the recent success, but are a lower enrollment school. Lots of questions....should be interesting to see how it plays out.
If it's not an overhaul type situation, then I would think JCA and Iggy gets "promoted."

I have a feeling SR will be playing neighborhood rivals in the foreseeable future.

You think that you're everyone's moral and intellectual superior, but one of the symptoms of cognitive impairment is constantly repeating something you've already said. I don't know how many times you've knocked other schools for not stepping up in class, but it has to be in the hundreds. I used to think that you were just a crank, but now I think it's more serious.
I've had many dust ups with MC63 over the years. He would finish well down the list of my favorite posters here, so please do not misconstrue what I am about to say. I want to politely request you and others to please refrain from the ageist comments against him...or against anyone. There should be no place for that on this board. All should be welcome to speak their minds here without being marginalized because of their age.

Civil and cogent argument is great. It's what makes this board so much fun. When the arguments turn personal, though, that's when it stops being fun.

I've had many dust ups with MC63 over the years. He would finish well down the list of my favorite posters here, so please do not misconstrue what I am about to say. I want to politely request you and others to please refrain from the ageist comments against him...or against anyone. There should be no place for that on this board. All should be welcome to speak their minds here without being marginalized because of their age.

Civil and cogent argument is great. It's what makes this board so much fun. When the arguments turn personal, though, that's when it stops being fun.

I agree, but as a geezer myself I am allowed some leeway. Plus, there was clear provocation.

When you make a nasty, baseless and ridiculous comment like you did ...what do you expect? We get along well with our Blue counterparts. Why insult them?

Reactions: corey90
Why insult a school (ESL) who petitions up as far as their conference allows?
Because I believe it's bogus ,,, they should flex their muscles a bit tighter. The conference needs them, too,

Ramblin: I'm not sure what "dustups" we've had, but there probably were a few. We've both been on this board so very long and neither of us is exactly shy.

I do admit to railing on about two things. First is "trophy shopping." I consider it hypocritical, and beneath the dignity of a self-respecting man.

Secondly, I hate bullies, and I've called out a few on this board. There were two outrageous ones over the years, and both, fortunately, are gone. A couple remain, but they're not as loony as the first two.

I would note that I've always been supportive of LA. I have many friends whose kids graduated from the school, and they speak very highly of it. I've been to countless football, baseball, and basketball games on your campus and was always treated nicely.

I don't take too much umbrage at the age jokes -- rather, I consider them sad substitutes for something actually creative.

Kick butt in 8A!

When you make a nasty, baseless and ridiculous comment like you did ...what do you expect? We get along well with our Blue counterparts. Why insult them?
Except for those years when you weren’t in the Blue and let Montini take the torch. You weren’t pleasant then. Or did you forget about that little scene which was a major embarrassment?

the joker popcorn GIF

Then why weren't they in the blue?
For the final time, ... several years ago, a team from the blue needed to go to the green to allow Montini to move up.. Member schools, at the time, agreed to take turns on a rotating basis. Frank agreed to go first. After one season, the idea was abandoned and we returned to the blue.

It should be noted that despite their elevation to the blue, Montini continued to participate in 4A for the playoffs. Trophy shopping at its best.

Last edited:
they won a 6a title in 2015. Their only title since 2012. What class do they belong in? They have won one title in a decade and it was in 6A.

they have not been classified as 4a or 3a until the last year or two. And they don’t qualify for the playoffs now.

again, their big bad blue competition prepared them to……win one title this decade?

seems like they are appropriately placed in the postseason to me.

I’ve been ‘softly’ fed the following regarding CCHS’ CCL/ESCC crossover/non-con schedule (in no specific order) for 2023-2024:

Mount Carmel (H)
Niles Notre Dame (@NND)
Providence Catholic (@PC)
DePaul Academy (H)

Purple:
CCHS
Marmion Academy
St. Patrick
St. Viator

Heard (rumor) they (CCHS) replaced Antioch with Crete-Monee and renewed with Lake Forest for another two-year deal.

This is what I’ve heard. Not validated, so please don’t etch this in stone yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wittymoniker1
From the CCL web page three teams are joining. Aurora Central Catholic, Immaculate Conception and St. Francis are joining the Catholic League. New schedule not up yet.

I’m having a tough time filling in guesses for the 4 teams honestly. Seems like PC and JCA are a good pairing to have in a division. IC and SF are definitely a pairing and fit in with Montini and maybe Fenwick or Benet?

Any guesses or “soft” hearings of all 25 teams? Here’s a complete guess. Only last div seems out of place:

Blue - MC, Loyola, BR, Rita
Green - Marist, NND, Naz, St. Iggy
Orange - JCA, PC, Fenwick, St. Laurence
Purple - Montini, ICCP, SF, Benet
White - Carmel, St. Viator, Marian, St. Pats
Red - ACC, Marmion, DLS, Depaul, Leo

Reactions: Gene K.
I’m having a tough time filling in guesses for the 4 teams honestly. Seems like PC and JCA are a good pairing to have in a division. IC and SF are definitely a pairing and fit in with Montini and maybe Fenwick or Benet?

Any guesses or “soft” hearings of all 25 teams? Here’s a complete guess. Only last div seems out of place:

Ignatius and JCA should be flipped if that is correct.

Reactions: stl705
I’ve been ‘softly’ fed the following regarding CCHS’ CCL/ESCC crossover/non-con schedule (in no specific order) for 2023-2024:

Mount Carmel (H)
Niles Notre Dame (@NND)
Providence Catholic (@PC)
DePaul Academy (H)

Purple:
CCHS
Marmion Academy
St. Patrick
St. Viator

Heard (rumor) they (CCHS) replaced Antioch with Crete-Monee and renewed with Lake Forest for another two-year deal.

This is what I’ve heard. Not validated, so please don’t etch this in stone yet.
Good info!

CoM won the Purple and so I assume they would get a "1st Place Schedule." And this is your reward! Tough schedule!

MC won the Blue.

Rita won the Green and Don took 2nd place; I don't see SR on your schedule which confirms my suspicions that SR is in the Blue.

JCA won the Orange, and I don't see them on the schedule, so I assume they're moving up, and so you got 2nd place Celtic.

And DePaul won their two-team division.

Ignatius and JCA should be flipped if that is correct.
If your looking at matching long term ability, you would be right. When this was done the first time with the ESCC teams the long term goal was to get the maximum number of teams 5 wins. Now for some of those teams they would need to win their first two games out of conference. No one is volunteering to be teams 6-10 in a ten team conference.

This is far from correct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT