ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know the new divisions for CCL/ESCC for 2024? They are changing after one year.

They should just kick IC loose rather then cater to them.
I've been hard on IC this year, oft times sharing your exact sentiment but with their boys enrollment, second to last only to Leo, I don't see why PC with their sort of resurgence or St. Laurence with their yearly record-breaking test numbers can't be placed into the orange and drop IC into the white division.

Reactions: Gene K.
I've been hard on IC this year, oft times sharing your exact sentiment but with their boys enrollment, second to last only to Leo, I don't see why PC with their sort of resurgence or St. Laurence with their yearly record-breaking test numbers can't be placed into the orange and drop IC into the white division.
IC was placed in that division because of the success of their program. They can’t compete with Naz, Francis and Fenwick? They literally were a 2 pt conversion from sweeping the division but they’re demanding to be moved?! What has become of that program?

Reactions: RockSoup
IC was placed in that division because of the success of their program. They can’t compete with Naz, Francis and Fenwick? They literally were a 2 pt conversion from sweeping the division but they’re demanding to be moved?! What has become of that program?
They have beat SF once in 5 years.

I have no argument. But the same can be said for 3 quarters of the white division in regards to being able to compete in the orange.

Reactions: Gene K.
Here are the 2024/2025 ESCC/CCL divisions (unless the District proposal passes):

Blue-MC, Loyola, BR, Ignatius
Green-St. Francis, Nazareth, IC, St. Rita
Orange-Providence, JCA, Marist, Notre Dame
White-Carmel, Fenwick, Montini, St. Laurence
Purple-DePaul, Benet, St. Viator, St. Patrick
Red-De La Salle, Leo, Marian Catholic, Marian Central

Congrats to all those who played and watched this weekend. Hoping the district proposal will not pass but understand it is gaining momentum.

Here are the 2024/2025 ESCC/CCL divisions (unless the District proposal passes):

Congrats to all those who played and watched this weekend. Hoping the district proposal will not pass but understand it is gaining momentum.
2 year agreement? Every AD signed off for two year commitment? No new teams requested admittance for the next two years? Something that took 4 months last year was done and signed off during the season? And you are privy to the info you provided how?

The boys from DePaul were told they are playing Loyola next year. Seems early for that to be out but that’s what their coaches told them and this new alignment would make that possible. And, one of the returning players on SICP told my son that they were moving up to the Blue. So, two anecdotal points but both consistent with this alignment.

Reactions: Irish LB
The boys from DePaul were told they are playing Loyola next year. Seems early for that to be out but that’s what their coaches told them and this new alignment would make that possible. And, one of the returning players on SICP told my son that they were moving up to the Blue. So, two anecdotal points but both consistent with this alignment.
I'm not denying something being out there but the timeframe to pull it off means discussions are around the time IC was holding players back and then they just sign off on getting bumped up to green?

2 year agreement? Every AD signed off for two year commitment? No new teams requested admittance for the next two years? Something that took 4 months last year was done and signed off during the season? And you are privy to the info you provided how?
Yes. Those are the divisions. They have been at work on this for a while. Again, the District proposal could make all that above null and void.

Loyola vs DePaul week 5, correct.

Yes. Those are the divisions. They have been at work on this for a while. Again, the District proposal could make all that above null and void.
Wow. Impressive. Kudos to IC for agreeing to dropping Fenwick and gaining St. Rita. Hey, if you're Coach Qued, seems like things are going well, congratulations. If you are Zunica or O'Connell, both great Catholic League staples, hat tip. Thanks for the information. I'm stunned it went so swimmingly this year compared to last year.

Too bad they aren’t playing Naz. They‘ll probably be taking a 27 game winning streak into the MC game.

So Aurora Catholic is not coming in Marian Central is coming back and Marmion Academy is out of the CCL/ESCC starting next year?

It's a race to the middle

It's my understanding that District football would not start till the fall of 25? Once the IHSA posts the proposed Districts there would be time for a Motion to Reconsider to be voted on.

I'd flip Fenwick with IC and Rita with Iggy.

Ask Loyola

Someone on Pulaski leaking?
Who knows? It's a complicated formula they use, don't you know. I don't know why it would be in their best interest to leak. I mean if they wanted to play their usual test day games I would just say with how awesome Brother Rice's underclassmen are, It could be awhile for any current 8th grader to see varsity action and put out varsity tape, but I wouldn't stoop so low, nor would they.

I heard Rita avoids MC and LA. I guess she will play Iggy from the Blue.
I know the CCL tries to set this up so they qualify as many teams as possible for the playoffs. But I want the kids to be pushed to be their best. Going into the season I knew that MC and LA were going to be very heavy lifts. But even in a loss to LA the kids played their best game of the year. It sucked that we lost our two years starting QB on the last play of the 3rd Qtr. but he could have been hurt in the first play of the first game too.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup
I know the CCL tries to set this up so they qualify as many teams as possible for the playoffs. But I want the kids to be pushed to be their best. Going into the season I knew that MC and LA were going to be very heavy lifts. But even in a loss to LA the kids played their best game of the year. It sucked that we lost out two years starting QB on the last play of the 3rd Qtr. but he could have been hurt in the first play of the first game too.
I see your point. To me, I love Rita being in the Green. If she wants to schedule a Blue team in non-conference, then I am all for that. With this, Rita is playing two Blue teams. Rita did, indeed, schedule MC for two years.

Not a big fan of going 0-3 in the Blue, and wondering if Rita could get by an upstart Laurence team to reach five wins, then get a very low seed in the playoffs. I don't want to go through that every year, if I had my choice. Just my honest feelings.

And one can counter for Rita to get better and beat the Blue teams. I understand that argument, but not sure if MC and LA will be down anytime soon.

I welcome a new rival in St. Francis. Playing Nazareth and IC will be interesting.

I’m as big of a Naz fan as there is but they aren’t beating Loyola.
They = Loyola. Currently on a 19 game winning streak and not going to lose in the first 8 next year (pending some sort of extreme out of state match up in week one).

They = Loyola. Currently on a 19 game winning streak and not going to lose in the first 8 next year (pending some sort of extreme out of state match up in week one).
Oh I hear ya but you said too bad they aren’t playing Naz. Naz isn’t playing with Loyola.

Oh I hear ya but you said too bad they aren’t playing Naz. Naz isn’t playing with Loyola.
It is too bad they aren’t playing each other next year. It would have been an interesting crossover game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT