ADVERTISEMENT

LWE @ LA

No chance it's happened in 8A, especially since there have been 8 classes for only 17 years. A better question is, has it ever happened in the highest class? Did any of those East St. Louis teams in the mid-80s accomplish it? Also....how many 14-0 teams have scored over 600 points and held the opponents to under 100 on the season? LWE looks to be on pace to accomplish that too.
Running clock was not around in the 80’s. I think it started in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: USD24
When was the last time a team got a running clock in a semi?

Haven't seen anyone in 8A going back to at least '06.

I cant speak for 8a but there have been some in other classes pretty recent.

When was the last time a team got a running clock in a semi?

Haven't seen anyone in 8A going back to at least '06.

The last time in a finals was 2015 Marist and LA. That LA team was toooo good for its own good!

The last time in a finals was 2015 Marist and LA. That LA team was toooo good for its own good!
Greatest team of all time.The backup QB Quinn Boyle played more minutes that year than the starter due to the blowouts. They did not throw one pass in the 4th quarter the entire year. Opposing coaches were thanking the head coach Holocek for putting in the third string backups in the second quarter. Total class act. That's one of the reasons why the fraternity of coaches think so highly of him. Should be a really fun game on Saturday for the Ramblers.

Greatest team of all time.The backup QB Quinn Boyle played more minutes that year than the starter due to the blowouts. They did not throw one pass in the 4th quarter the entire year.

Your memory is faulty. Two memorable instances: in the quarterfinal vs HF, it was Clifford's pass to Loper that capped off the 97-yard drive midway through the 4th quarter. In the semi vs Palatine it was Thomas Smart's clutch reception on a crucial 3rd down that sealed the win.

Your memory is faulty. Two memorable instances: in the quarterfinal vs HF, it was Clifford's pass to Loper that capped off the 97-yard drive midway through the 4th quarter. In the semi vs Palatine it was Thomas Smart's clutch reception on a crucial 3rd down that sealed the win.
I should have been more precise. I was referring to the regular season. That HF game almost went to the wire and the backups did not play.

Reactions: ignazio
Always felt bad for that Palatine team ......LA was lucky to win that game and move on....the next year Zach Oles broke his collarbone and they still got to the semi's ...........without him. Crazy good team always felt bad for that Palatine squad ...they had a great team that year and him getting hurt really sucked.....would have been great to have seen the re-match. It seems both Palatine and Fremd didn't have great year's this year as well which is unusual as those schools usually have good teams.....all the time...

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Always felt bad for that Palatine team ......LA was lucky to win that game and move on....the next year Zach Oles broke his collarbone and they still got to the semi's ...........without him. Crazy good team always felt bad for that Palatine squad ...they had a great team that year and him getting hurt really sucked.....would have been great to have seen the re-match. It seems both Palatine and Fremd didn't have great year's this year as well which is unusual as those schools usually have good teams.....all the time...

Wasn't that when Rice went up to Palatine and was up big late and lost. Rice fans pissed about this season going to Marist, if Rice holds on in that game v Palatine, LA has to come to Rice the following week in that crap weather...... then Rice could have played Marist downstate that year.

Wasn't that when Rice went up to Palatine and was up big late and lost. Rice fans pissed about this season going to Marist, if Rice holds on in that game v Palatine, LA has to come to Rice the following week in that crap weather...... then Rice could have played Marist downstate that year.
Rice wasn't beating LA that year. They were 28-0 at half when they played during the season and Holecek called off the dogs.

Rice wasn't beating LA that year. They were 28-0 at half when they played during the season and Holecek called off the dogs.

My point was that Loyola would have had to come to Rice to play...which is similar to what they have to do tomorrow.

That was the first I had ever heard of ACT Saturday conflicts by the way.

Reactions: Bowie50
My point was that Loyola would have had to come to Rice to play...which is similar to what they have to do tomorrow.

That was the first I had ever heard of ACT Saturday conflicts by the way.
LA's John Shannon (#1 long snapper in the country now at ND) snapped 2 over the punter's head that lead to Palatine scores. That was an icy track. Almost 2 feet of snow on the ground just hours before kickoff.

Reactions: wasdo
BTW, is East LB Scianna playing? He was looked really dinged up and is AJ healthy as he was taken out early and did not return. Thanks in advance folks who may be in teh know.

No more than an hour ago this game was listed on nfhs. Now it is gone. What gives?

EDIT: I am stupid, and I found it.

Reactions: Gene K.
LA defense dominates LWE offense in Q1. LWE defense looking pretty dominant as well.

Edit: LWE LB with just a beautiful pick 6.

Reactions: Gene K.
Only scoring by each teams defense! Will it be decided by which offense can get out of neutral first?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT