ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 9

Morris fan here. 9-0 and will end up with close to or over 50 playoff points, so what's your response there?

Is Soucie a "smart one"? I was quoting him, he said six 4-5 teams getting in. Posted the YouTube link here earlier, feel free to click and watch for yourself.

Fat? Jelly troll? LOL. Yep, you got me, I'm tipping the scales at 170 these days. You really know me.
Catlick? Is your Morris British bloke comment supposed to be of superior quality? No one is actually calling you fat, fella.

I was mentioning you for supporting a comment about removing a class of 11 man football for 8-man... which again makes you both sound foolish. Not to say you're a foolish man, just a foolish thought.

I respect the program. Best of luck against the 10 time 4A champion Rochester Rockets.

Edit: 9 time 4A, 1 time 5A champion Rochester Rockets. Don't want to upset SprocketNation

Catlick? Is your Morris British bloke comment supposed to be of superior quality? No one is actually calling you fat, fella.

I was mentioning you for supporting a comment about removing a class of 11 man football for 8-man... which again makes you both sound foolish. Not to say you're a foolish man, just a foolish thought.

I respect the program. Best of luck against the 10 time 4A champion Rochester Rockets.

Edit: 9 time 4A, 1 time 5A champion Rochester Rockets. Don't want to upset SprocketNation
You literally said fat, but whatever.

This is really gonna make your head explode, but if it were up to me I'd go back to only 6 classes and eliminate 5-4 teams as well so you actually have to earn it.

Soucie predicting Morris as smallest team in 5A so won't have to worry about Rochester if that prediction comes to be.

7 time 4a 1 time 5a

You literally said fat, but whatever.

This is really gonna make your head explode, but if it were up to me I'd go back to only 6 classes and eliminate 5-4 teams as well so you actually have to earn it.

Soucie predicting Morris as smallest team in 5A so won't have to worry about Rochester if that prediction comes to be.
Lucky Morris I guess.

I guess you need an explanation of the comment... Jelly Roll, a fat country musician. I called you a fat jelly troll. A play on words, admittedly mediocre on my part.

I would support the 6 class system as well. It isn't often our program is on the bubble like this. Would keep us from having watered down 2A, 5A and 4A south brackets.

Best of luck to Morris.

Fair enough. But if quality matchups is what you want, 8-man will never be it, guy. Just tough to take you seriously when you'd rather support that product over the current 11-man setup. That's all I was getting at. Your initial comment about removing a class for 8-man was laughable.
My comment was about removing a class so the 5-4 teams would not qualify. 8 man teams were created due to reduced interest and declining population in the state. A 7 class system with an allowance for an 8 man playoff allows both sides to be accommodated.....

1. Matchups are better
2. Schools with shrinking populations can still compete.

Now, if we are going to play the outlier and highly improbable game.... There was a 5-4 team which made a difference last year. One single team. And they won almost 1/3 of the games won by ALL 5-4 teams. The potential injuries caused in the other 77 games are not worth it.

The starting tight end for the Michigan Wolverines played 8-man football in Idaho. He's the 12th ranked tight end in the nation, and he's only a sophomore. I was teammates with an absolute beast who came to my Big Ten school from his 8-man team in Wyoming. He didn't the same impact as Loveland will.

Both are unlikely successes. Both are severe outliers. So, you say 8-man stinks. I don't like it either. But there's a guy on the #2 team in the NCAA who got noticed. Does that necessitate a college program dedicating a recruiting effort throughout Idaho and Wyoming? For those same reasons, I despise barely .500 teams making the second season.

That team was amazing! Green was such a terrific QB. I believe that was the year they put a beat down on a tremendous Peoria team in the semis and went on to beat an impressive Montini squad. Maybe one of my favorite SHG teams!
That team was impossible to stop once they got the handle. Amazing.

Reactions: rocketnation
As I said, your simple mind requires a simple response. Get out of your feelings. There was nothing posted by that page which was offensive. You took offense. That is a you problem. A commenter brought some sort of a religious reference. It seemed to be effectively diffused. The page made a joke about the fanbase being hated. Its a joke, not a d0nk. Don't take it so hard.
All.... Sell that some place else. Put on your big boy pants and own it. As I mentioned before that type of intolerance is frequent against SHG. Have a nice day. Ratsy

Shg played without Groesch, who is playing varsity. With him, I think shg wins the game. But Rochester played well, especially in the second half.
All.... I hear if he progresses like everyone thinks the sky is the bar on how good he could become. Ratsy

Soucie's latest projections @4:12 AM
6A Chatham (7) vs Dunlap (10)
5A SHG (10) vs Metamora (7) and Mac (11) vs Hillcrest (6)
4A Rochester (1) vs Lincoln (16) and U High (9) vs Coal City (8)

If true (and Soucie is usually very close), I am surprised U High can't get a home game at 7-2. Chatham gets a home game at 6-3. SHG has to travel but not as far as in some scenarios. Mac has the longest road trip.

If true (and Soucie is usually very close), I am surprised U High can't get a home game at 7-2. Chatham gets a home game at 6-3. SHG has to travel but not as far as in some scenarios. Mac has the longest road trip.
Ugh, really hope that prediction is off. No one wants to see a repeat of wk 7.

All.... If that holds Hillcrest won't like that. Ratsy

All.... Sell that some place else. Put on your big boy pants and own it. As I mentioned before that type of intolerance is frequent against SHG. Have a nice day. Ratsy
Look at you up early and already in your feelings again. All mad because your favorite team played the game of their lives and still lost by double digits. When moral victories are a column in the standings, you’re in first place..

Look at you up early and already in your feelings again. All mad because your favorite team played the game of their lives and still lost by double digits. When moral victories are a column in the standings, you’re in first place..
All.... You will have to better then that. (exposed) lol Ratsy

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros
Wow! I didn’t realize the Rocket JV was so good.
8th thru 10th grade classes are solid.

JV team is led by Tanner Beal (Soph) at QB. Tall and fast...he's getting some good playing time in the varsity games during garbage time. He will be a great varsity QB next year or 2025. Kaiden Stout (Soph) is a phenomenal WR/TE and will get some substantial playing time next season at the varsity level. Just like varsity, JV has a great defense.

I haven't been able to attend any of the Frosh games so can't really speak for them, but I know they've had some impressive wins this season.

The 8th grade though....sensational team full of natural talent and athleticism. I'm not sure, but I've been told they haven't lost a JFL game since 3rd grade.

If all the talent matures and stays around, the Rockets will have the tools to make some great squads through 2027.

Edit: Coach Clarke just posted on FB that the Rocket program regular season record was 26-1 this season:

Varsity 9-0
JV 8-1
Frosh 9-0

Add the 8th graders 15-0 season in and we're looking pretty good!

Last edited:
8th thru 10th grade classes are solid.

JV team is led by Tanner Beal (Soph) at QB. Tall and fast...he's getting some good playing time in the varsity games during garbage time. He will be a great varsity QB next year or 2025. Kaiden Stout (Soph) is a phenomenal WR/TE and will get some substantial playing time next season at the varsity level. Just like varsity, JV has a great defense.

I haven't been able to attend any of the Frosh games so can't really speak for them, but I know they've had some impressive wins this season.

The 8th grade though....sensational team full of natural talent and athleticism. I'm not sure, but I've been told they haven't lost a JFL game since 3rd grade.

If all the talent matures and stays around, the Rockets will have the tools to make some great squads through 2027.
Saw 4 of the freshmen games. DL-OL Dylan DuRocher is already getting some time on varsity this year. They have 3-4 WR's who should be in the varsity rotation next season. There is also a hardnosed RB-LB and several big OL who should contribute in 2024.

Reactions: FB1976 and cigaros
No guarantees, but there's a reasonable chance that 5 CS8 teams could advance to the 2nd round. Pretty favorable draw overall, especially Chatham getting a home game at 6-3 against a 5-4 Bloomington team that was running clocked in Week 9 by Mac. I would consider SHG and Mac to be favorites and that the U High game is a toss up.

Reactions: FB1976
All.... Cyclone Fans.... For those that are going to TFN. I already checked mine a couple of hours ago making sure it is current in anticipation. (lol) Toll booths don't take money and if you drive through them they will bill you and it's a pain in the as%. You can sign up with a credit card and they will do an automatic deduct without getting sent that paper bill and extra service charge.An easy way to go. Ratsy

All.... Cyclone Fans.... For those that are going to TFN. I already checked mine a couple of hours ago making sure it is current in anticipation. (lol) Toll booths don't take money and if you drive through them they will bill you and it's a pain in the as%. You can sign up with a credit card and they will do an automatic deduct without getting sent that paper bill and extra service charge.An easy way to go. Ratsy
there's a website you can go to and pay within 7 days without penalty. it's usually posted just before and after you go through the toll area.

Shouldnt be any tollbooths on your way to Tinley Park if you take either I55 or I57 to I80

Construction will frustrate you though
My bad...you have TF North....might be 1 tollbooth

Reactions: 4Afan
Shouldnt be any tollbooths on your way to Tinley Park if you take either I55 or I57 to I80

Honestly, best route anyways is 55 to 80 to 57, exit 350 (147th/Sibley Ave), then to Burnham to the school..no tolls

All.... Three but always more then happy to fund those northern roads keeping them pristine. Ratsy

No guarantees, but there's a reasonable chance that 5 CS8 teams could advance to the 2nd round. Pretty favorable draw overall, especially Chatham getting a home game at 6-3 against a 5-4 Bloomington team that was running clocked in Week 9 by Mac. I would consider SHG and Mac to be favorites and that the U High game is a toss up.
Pulling for UHigh to allow for Rochester to get the road game out of the way and get a chance to play at Hancock Stadium. No guarantee that Rochester would not travel third or semi final rounds but being number 1 seed and getting that road game out of the way would need to have some odd things happen in bracket to put the rockets on the road.

Pulling for UHigh to allow for Rochester to get the road game out of the way and get a chance to play at Hancock Stadium. No guarantee that Rochester would not travel third or semi final rounds but being number 1 seed and getting that road game out of the way would need to have some odd things happen in bracket to put the rockets on the road.
Morris is most likely routing for SHG to win so they can get their road game out of the way. That's another advantage for bracket #1s: #9 vs. #8 is often a recipe for an upset, sending #1 to #9 in the second round and getting a road trip out of the way early.

All... Cycs trying to get healthy. Still had four starters out on Friday. Essential for them to get at least a few back for the postseason game in an unknown enviorment. Preps and Massey does have them as a favorite over the Meteors. We will see. Ratsy

All... Cycs trying to get healthy. Still had four starters out on Friday. Essential for them to get at least a few back for the postseason game in an unknown enviorment. Preps and Massey does have them as a favorite over the Meteors. We will see. Ratsy
Going on the road in the playoffs always an adventure. Still, TF North is making their 1st appearance in playoffs since 2011, and their conference wasn't very strong this season. I like the Cyclones chances.

Reactions: cigaros and FB1976
Going on the road in the playoffs always an adventure. Still, TF North is making their 1st appearance in playoffs since 2011, and their conference wasn't very strong this season. I like the Cyclones chances.
It doesn't appear that TFN has played three games against the likes of Normal Community, Rochester, or even MacArthur (the way they've been playing lately). However, the Cyclones lost those three games, so that probably means zilch entering this game. It's a road game for SHG, so from their prospective I would call this a toss-up. While definitely not the hype or emotion involved in the last Friday's game, I would be interested in seeing how SHG would do against Morris at Cyclone Stadium. But what's the saying - first things first?

It
I am excited for the Cyclones to win so they can host Morris.

Reactions: FB1976
It

I am excited for the Cyclones to win so they can host Morris.
Why is that? I'm sure the Cyclones wouldn't mind it, since it means they would have won their first game, which I believe will be tough to do if they don't have a set lineup during practice this week. Although injuries play a part, this is the wrong time of year to be unsettled at your O- and D-lines. Regarding that aspect of the team, I'm somewhat surprised at how well the D-line appeared to hold up against the Rockets. 0-line? Well, that's a story in itself as it has been all season. Should be providing more protection then they are for a ****** QB.

Why is that? I'm sure the Cyclones wouldn't mind it, since it means they would have won their first game, which I believe will be tough to do if they don't have a set lineup during practice this week. Although injuries play a part, this is the wrong time of year to be unsettled at your O- and D-lines. Regarding that aspect of the team, I'm somewhat surprised at how well the D-line appeared to hold up against the Rockets. 0-line? Well, that's a story in itself as it has been all season. Should be providing more protection then they are for a ****** QB.
I read his post as saying he would like to see how good of a game it would be...I agree, Morris/SHG would be entertaining

Wouldn’t it be better to be hosting the number one seed? And you are correct, having a second week game means they won their first week game. That’s a good thing.

I read his post as saying he would like to see how good of a game it would be...I agree, Morris/SHG would be entertaining
The Sacred Heart Griffin, faithful have been a little bit edgy this year. This is the first real change they’ve had since Ken switched up the offense. And before that their only real change was the arrival of Ken Leonard. They know getting past round two would be a successful season. And it scares them.

The Sacred Heart Griffin, faithful have been a little bit edgy this year. This is the first real change they’ve had since Ken switched up the offense. And before that their only real change was the arrival of Ken Leonard. They know getting past round two would be a successful season. And it scares them.
All.... I'm one of those faithful. Are you a mind reader now? Scares.... not me. Just be happy you are not in postseason 5A. Now go win the 4A title. That class is back to being what it normally is. 🤭 Ratsy

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT