ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to LA

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
They are the best team in Illinois. I was out of town so got home today to watch the finals on tape. Got some updates from a few of you guys but man it was tough following. Hahahaha.
East will be back again next year but man like CG with ESL Loyola is the Griffins Cryptonite! Coach Z better adjust or we will be runner ups for a long time.
No one remembers a bridesmaid. Hahahaha
Anyway congratulations to the Ramblers and all the other State Champions.
2024 is on deck who will again rise to the occasion?
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and holiday!

Loyola is the Griffins Cryptonite! Coach Z better adjust or we will be runner ups for a long time.

I used to think the same way about Loyola and Maine South. Until I didn't.

Anyway congratulations to the Ramblers

And to the Griffins. The vast majority of teams in this state would love to be in their shoes.

Loyola was beyond impressive Saturday night.
Yes they were. I thought they might skip a beat with a new HC this year, but they looked even better. After watching them vs. York I thought LWE had a good chance, if not being favored. Boy was I wrong.

Reactions: doctor_d
Congrats to both on an outstanding season. Winning championships always helps get players in the door. I am curious to see how Hollywood does when Holecek's guys graduate. Any thoughts from the LA faithful? Anyone close to the team see a difference in the program?

Congrats to both on an outstanding season. Winning championships always helps get players in the door. I am curious to see how Hollywood does when Holecek's guys graduate. Any thoughts from the LA faithful? Anyone close to the team see a difference in the program?
Seems to be running the same program- no noticeable differences.

From talking to a buddy of mine who’s son was on the team, it sounds as if Coach Fitz made a huge difference this year. He’ll probably be around for one more year but I doubt behind the scenes assistant coach at LA is what he wants for the long-term so the massive benefit he gives will be short lived.

Congrats to Loyola as stated on other threads by me as well. Can someone please get in touch with the horn / sound machine that obviously is not allowed in the stadium from the Loyola side. It completely dominated the television viewing of the 8A game. Had to listen to it live and on replay. Geez. I can only hope it was not an adult behind it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: MMA_Det
Congrats to Loyola as stated on other threads by me as well. Can someone please get in touch with the horn / sound machine that obviously is not allowed in the stadium from the Loyola side. It completely dominated the television viewing of the 8A game. Had to listen to it live and on replay. Geez. I can only hope it was not an adult behind it all.
How do you know which side it was on? Wasn’t all the TV stuff on the visitor side? Seems like if it was getting so picked up by the broadcast stuff that it was more likely on that side.

How do you know which side it was on? Wasn’t all the TV stuff on the visitor side? Seems like if it was getting so picked up by the broadcast stuff that it was more likely on that side.
That’s what I thought. Been to both places for games. Never heard a air horn in Wilmette.

Reactions: MC63
I was there in person and the annoying soccer bugles were on the LWE side. The constant continual honking was on the Loyola side and I would guess an electronic device. Listening on the TV broadcast was ruined as well as the timing was the other give away. It was not a conventional air horn if that is what you’re thinking. I’ll give it another listen to later.

Last edited:
From talking to a buddy of mine whose son was on the team, it sounds as if Coach Fitz made a huge difference this year. He’ll probably be around for one more year but I doubt behind the scenes assistant coach at LA is what he wants for the long-term so the massive benefit he gives will be short lived.
I don’t believe Fitz was exactly “ behind the scenes “ as the year went on? I know he was in the coaches box with a head set on and was a tad vocal out the open window at times giving directions at ISU but maybe the camouflage look is behind the scene? He and Charlie Bliss are pretty capable coaches? I did mention the HC should get a bump if the assistants make 5 plus mil a year! Just observing and not to be construed as a public/private debate by our crowd out there. I will leave that to others. If you want to be the best you have to play the best as LWE Dad often says.

Reactions: corey90 and Gene K.
The monster is getting fed and will only get stronger. Coach Holecek set this program up for decades to come. Only the current staff can mess it up. Don’t see that happening or the incoming talent slowing down. Every few years there will be Public that can knock them off.

I was there in person and the annoying soccer bugles were on the LWE side. The constant continual honking was on the Loyola side and I would guess an electronic device. Listening on the TV broadcast was ruined as well as the timing was the other give away. It was not a conventional air horn if that is what you’re thinking. I’ll give it another listen to later.
Whomever the MORON was with the horn should be banned from all public events forever.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
It was no doubt after reviewing the you tube highlight and television replay it was on the Loyola side and situational to interfere with the Griffins and cheer for the Ramblers. The worst part is the annoyance trying to rewatch the game after seeing it live. All fans need to be at least somewhat cognizant of the sportsmanship aspect of high school football.

It was no doubt after reviewing the you tube highlight and television replay it was on the Loyola side and situational to interfere with the Griffins and cheer for the Ramblers. The worst part is the annoyance trying to rewatch the game after seeing it live. All fans need to be at least somewhat cognizant of the sportsmanship aspect of high school football.
It pains me to read this.

After I called out St Francis for a similar offense after their win over St Rita, I got called out by DMurph and others for being old and a fuddy duddy and a killjoy. If being against poor sportsmanship makes me those things, I'm good with that.

LWE Tischer is an absolute leader

That kid has a lot of heart

QB Fitzgerald wasted 0 every in his movement when throwing the ball
- you can tell that kid has had top notch coaching from the beginning

Great game and lived up to the hype

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT