ADVERTISEMENT

LWE @ LA

Congrats to Loyola. Well deserved on a solid effort. A shame LWE did not perform to yearly output for many reasons. Muffed punt before half may have been the decider.

Reactions: Gene K.
Coach Holecek, bored with being one of the best game week and game day coaches, goes with the season long con.

Play mortal, popovich-spur-like regular season. Take the beat down vs BR during the regular season to set up the extra layer of prep the Crusaders have to do, schematically and now, due to the long con, mentally in the championship round.

Just kidding, sort of, what a great matchup next week for all the marbles. What a way to cap off a “down” year in the Blue. Congrats to the Ramblers and Crusaders.

Got a chance to sit by my Edgy friend WIU today. Nice to finally meet you sir. Congrats to LA. Great game plan and execution. Also I will stand by my prediction from months ago saying that there is no way this years Beast defense is better than last. Last years defense was so special. Great run anyway LWE. It is insanely hard to repeat in 8A!

I’m curious what happened to the GFHSFTOAT?

Can we pull all of those threads up?? Greatest of the decade was it?? All of the BS they dished out as if nobody could touch the BEAST! Their diet of arrogance comes with a complimentary side dish of cold humble pie.

While I am certainly not a Rambler fan, I say CHEERS TO YOU AND YOURS! Well Done!!

I hope your kids ran on the field!

I’m curious what happened to the GFHSFTOAT?

Can we pull all of those threads up?? Greatest of the decade was it?? All of the BS they dished out as if nobody could touch the BEAST! Their diet of arrogance comes with a complimentary side dish of cold humble pie.

While I am certainly not a Rambler fan, I say CHEERS TO YOU AND YOURS! Well Done!!

I hope your kids ran on the field!
They did after the handshake. I thought about taking a pic for you.

They did after the handshake. I thought about taking a pic for you.
See...It’s not such a horrible thing!

And since they won, the D——H—- AD let them shake hands... This keeps getting better and better!

Reactions: WIU78
I think any team that can win 8A THREE titles in a row could be the greatest. This was the best LWE offensive team of the 18 years in existence. Gutsy performance by some banged up East guys. Not our day and Loyola earned the W.

I thought at mid season some posters were stating Loyola is no good and LWE was the best team of all time in the history of the state.

Hmmmmmm.
See my post above. It was a long con all along. Even had @Bowie50 as lead disinfo agent as he went hard on them during the middle of the regular season. A well-run operation, my hats off to LA

Reactions: Gene K.
Question: When Mt. Carmel beat LWE in 2006 for the title...or supposed title, did they not lose State. I think Loyola needs to finish this off,which has been a stumbling point in the recent past before getting too high with this big win.

I just want to say that Fallon is a true X factor and game breaker. Can someone post his offer sheet?

Major props to LA.

LWE was a great team. I've been here too long, taken too many uh oh, to think about being the greatest at anything until it's over.

These are two of the best programs in state history, and selfishly, I hope this adds to the Lwe ccl rivalry.

Two unreal coaches.

From what I am reading Either people could not wait for LWE to lose or was it LWE posters were hyping up the greatest LWE team ever , Notice I did not say Ever in Illionois

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Pull them up! While you're at it, pull up the one where Chitown Chugger (man did he disappear quickly from the site) claimed MS had a special team this year and would stomp on Loyola and LWE.

I told him that stuff would be frowned on!!
I texted him the next day with a page full of crickets

He didn’t answer for two days!!

Now I’m gonna suggest this 6-3 Rambler team is special! Reminds me of another team in 2016 that went 6-3, not to mention how lopsided the bracket was on this side this year.

I’m starting to think I can now retire PROkie now that more kids have gotten to run on Hollywood’s field and Hopefully will not be vilified by the holy bunch for doing so!

I wonder where all the Holocek gets or got our coaches folks are now. From what I saw he had an outstanding game plan today and his kids were ready.
Not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous about this game with all the running clock talk. Thursday night I had a chance to talk to Dixon (#33) and his confidence in their game plan was pretty convincing, to a point where I felt like we had a shot if the kids could get it done. He said “we have to get after the qb, theyre destroying teams because he has all day to throw”.

You’re 100% right. Great game plan. The right coverages and a solid rush. Most importantly though, the players executed. You can scheme and game plan all you want but if the kids can’t get it done...should’ve, could’ve, would’ve.

Reactions: Gene K. and WP606
ADVERTISEMENT