ADVERTISEMENT

LWE @ LA

Who do I cheer for? My 8 year old said to me when I got home today “I’m sorry you lost to Loyola maybe Lincoln will beat them next week”. Hoping to see the game at LA next week. Anyone wanna hook up for pregame?

Anyone else getting the same vibe from this game as the gw mc game a few years back?

Classiszick

Reactions: capnbillhitters
I am going to look that up, thank you! Kappys is an old tradition for us. My Dad was the stage manager at the old Mill Run Theater, great memories! But never can pass up a new breakfast place!

We loved the Mill run ...saw all sorts of great acts ... Woody Allen, George Carlin, Gladys Knight, the Smothers Brothers ... the list goes on. thanks for the memories.

Parking at LA is very tight ... get there early. No neighborhood parking nearby. You might have to walk a few blocks. Some yeas back they used some New Trier parking nearby,

You might want to call LA and ask what parking opportunities will be available.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
The thing about football and especially HS kids is that emotion is the X factor during the game. I saw some very good teams get emotionally drained against LWE and "sort of" quit...So they played them tough and then crumbled.

I saw the BB-LWE game replayed on cable and Ivlow said at half that LWE had not been in this position before (up only 10 at half) and he thought Eat might crumble. You know, I have been an LWE supporter since 2002 and with the exception of Naperville Central this year, all the teams did not look very good.

How will East respond to a close game? Last year they had a couple...and the St. Charles mud bowl being one of them. I thought at the beginning of the year Loyola was the team to beat...then Maine South... I saw Marist and was not overwhelmed. Basically, I do not know crap!! Looking forward to a good game.

Well, well ...it looks like the Ramblers are the favorite for this one per ABC Ch. 7 tonights news. Got some explaining Griffins for Saturday.

the key is saying a lot of different things around different people that way one of your predictions comes true. in a car heading towards Notre Dame earlier this fall I said to my accomplices that the only hope for a close game against LWE would be if LA returned to form and met the Griffins in the playoffs.

Have the Ramblers returned to form?

If you don't like to walk a few blocks, get there early, and be prepared to wait a while for the lot to empty after the game.

If you don't mind the walk, there is on street parking on Laramie south of Lake. That's what I always do. After the game, I hop in my car and off I go.
So how early do you think I need to be to park down on Laramie? Noon work?

the key is saying a lot of different things around different people that way one of your predictions comes true. in a car heading towards Notre Dame earlier this fall I said to my accomplices that the only hope for a close game against LWE would be if LA returned to form and met the Griffins in the playoffs.

Have the Ramblers returned to form?
My opinion is that our (LWE)offense is much better than last year in that we can score from multiple positions. Tough for any coach to plan for 3 great receivers and 4 great running backs with an O line making holes. Last year was all run and we had a QB with one leg.
Our D I believe is better as well.

I haven’t seen much of Loyola but know they are well coached. I think Boyle was the X factor last year.
Loyola is playing very good at the right time, unfortunately though, not good enough to tame the Beast

My opinion is that our (LWE)offense is much better than last year in that we can score from multiple positions. Tough for any coach to plan for 3 great receivers and 4 great running backs with an O line making holes. Last year was all run and we had a QB with one leg.

I haven’t seen much of Loyola but know they are well coached. I think Boyle was the X factor last year.
Loyola is playing very good at the right time, unfortunately though, not good enough to tame the Beast
Have you seen any defenses in the past that you think could give this offense some trouble?

Have you seen any defenses in the past that you think could give this offense some trouble?
No I haven’t. Just too many weapons. I’ve been to every game and am still amazed at some of the things they get done.
Even our defense has a hard time and they know the plays.
I think the only team that can beat us, is us. I’ve been saying that all year. It’s been a great ride. Hope it goes two more games! GO BLUE!!

No I haven’t. Just too many weapons. I’ve been to every game and am still amazed at some of the things they get done.
I think the only team that can beat us, is us. I’ve been saying that all year. It’s been a great ride. Hope it goes two more games! GO BLUE!!
In the other thread I put forth either our '11 or '13 defense. I don't think I know enough about other schools' outside the conference past defenses to come up with others. Maybe 2012 MC or 2006 WWS?

In the other thread I put forth either our '11 or '13 defense. I don't think I know enough about other schools' outside the conference past defenses to come up with others. Maybe 2012 MC or 2006 WWS?
Sorry, I thought you were talking about this year. I don’t know enough about past high school teams to give you a good read on that.

Anyone else getting the same vibe from this game as the gw mc game a few years back?

Classiszick

I think you are in the wrong thread. I can see BR/Marist ending 7-0 as those two D's trade haymakers.

I think LWE O-Train is too much for any defense, even one that goose egg'd the mighty MS.

LWE 31-13

Prediction for me is LWE 49 LA 7. I want it to be a close and entertaining game, but I don't see it happening. I hope LA players play their tails off and enjoy the game, but this may be a 1st half running clock one again.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about this year. I don’t know enough about past high school teams to give you a good read on that.
Nope. With historic teams I reach back into history. I'm already on record as saying I think East running clocks all 5 rounds this year.

If anyone is going to beat LWE, I think the best chance is this week. But, I could be wrong.

My $.02. I think LWE is one of the best teams to come around for awhile. I didn't think LA would be close, until they shutout MS last week. Still think LWE will win, but it will be a good enough game that I plan to attend.

Reactions: LAguy and Bwm57
Nope. With historic teams I reach back into history. I'm already on record as saying I think East running clocks all 5 rounds this year.
LWE is a clear favorite. LA shutout a fair good MS team last week. Running clock? LWE by 17

LWE is a clear favorite. LA shutout a fair good MS team last week. Running clock? LWE by 17
I really hope it's a good game. When I predicted the 5 running clocks I had MS winning against LA. So here's to being wrong...

Has that ever happened before in 8A?

5 running clocks in all 5 post season games in 8A? I’m guessing that would be historic if it happened.

Us Ramblers will stay humble...

Reactions: Gene K.
Has that ever happened in any class?

I thought IC did a couple years ago? - the team Doctor D talks about being one of their best ever? I do remember a lot of IC running clocks in the playoffs that year. Think it was 2015 or 2015.

I will check the IHSA state history - but it’s like playing hide and seek as all these private schools bounce from class to class each year like speed dating!

Us Ramblers will stay humble...
Us Griffins will stay honest...

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I thought IC did a couple years ago? - the team Doctor D talks about being one of their best ever? I do remember a lot of IC running clocks in the playoffs that year. Think it was 2015 or 2015.

I will check the IHSA state history - but it’s like playing hide and seek as all these private schools bounce from class to class each year like speed dating!

2016 playoffs in 3A

Round One: iC 49 st Joseph 8
Round Two: IC 65 Paxton 0
Quarters: IC 48 Wilmo 14
Semis: IC 48 Monticello 6
Title Game: IC 43 Carlinville 0.

I am assuming score was 48-7 in quarters versus Wilmington and Wilmo got a garbagetime TD during the running clock?

If that is true - then IC did it in 3A during the 2016 campaign with 5 straight running clocks in their playoff run. Very impressive.

What I am wondering is if it has ever been done in 8A. I am going to take a guess and say it has never happened.

Reactions: lkhammer57
2016 playoffs in 3A

Round One: iC 49 st Joseph 8
Round Two: IC 65 Paxton 0
Quarters: IC 48 Wilmo 14
Semis: IC 48 Monticello 6
Title Game: IC 43 Carlinville 0.

I am assuming score was 48-7 in quarters versus Wilmington and Wilmo got a garbagetime TD during the running clock?

If that is true - then IC did it in 3A during the 2016 campaign with 5 straight running clocks in their playoff run. Very impressive.

What I am wondering is if it has ever been done in 8A. I am going to take a guess and say it has never happened.

No chance it's happened in 8A, especially since there have been 8 classes for only 17 years. A better question is, has it ever happened in the highest class? Did any of those East St. Louis teams in the mid-80s accomplish it? Also....how many 14-0 teams have scored over 600 points and held the opponents to under 100 on the season? LWE looks to be on pace to accomplish that too.

Sorry, but I just do not see LA getting clocked. They have been battle tested and as good as East is, this looks like its toughest challenge all year. I also do not know how dinged Henning is...if he is healthy, speed is the hardest thing to prepare against. East could game plan against KAR, but he was the only weapon. I think East takes this 31-17

ADVERTISEMENT