ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita @ Sterling

I think Sterling is a great team but St Rita is like a 6a team and usually plays in the 7a playoffs. They have one of the top backs and they are red hot.

Nothing against Sterling.
That 5A Montini destroyed 28-7 in the second half.

Sterling faithful, I wonder if this Montini fan is needlessly trying to stir the pot. He pulled the same shenanigans with JCA last post season.

Yawn

Reactions: Bowie50
your generalizing “Sterling” as the same team every year and need I remind you “Sterling”has made it to the last two semi final games in a row beating at least 2 out of 3 CCL teams, your Montini being the one loss, who knows? you may be right, but if your not give us some credit next year before making such a bold prediction.

Technically those were ESCC not CCL teams at the time if you're referring to wins over St. Viator and Marian Central Catholic....

Rock Soup

I'm the only poster that predicted a JCA state title last year in week 10.

Sorry about being right.

Right or lucky?

Troll all playoffs only to have an inexplicable 2nd half game plan lose a one score, back and forth game that allowed your “prediction” to be correct and, thus, immune to any call out of your future trolling efforts.

Save it.

I think Sterling is a great team but St Rita is like a 6a team and usually plays in the 7a playoffs. They have one of the top backs and they are red hot.

I agree they are a 6A-7A team....so why didn't they petition up? Forgiving the multiplier was a stupid move by the IHSA in my opinion.

I agree they are a 6A-7A team....so why didn't they petition up? Forgiving the multiplier was a stupid move by the IHSA in my opinion.
Maybe having an underclassmen-heavy starting 22 in a program that hasn’t won a state game in 2 years, was 3-6 last year and playing the state’s second toughest schedule this year where they started 1-3.

Petitions have to be asked for in the preseason and with the reasons stated above, petitioning was probably the furthest thing from their mind.

No arguing your second point but it was voted in by the membership.

back to the game (dave pasch reference)...not that it means anything, but i just think it's interesting that kaleb brown is the 2nd fastest running back to play against sterling this season. sterling hosted marengo (finn schirmer) in week 1. schirmer won the class 2a 100 meter dash last year at state, with brown not far behind in 4th.

Reactions: Sterling Warrior

I hear ya, and I agree with you, I just think your underestimating Sterling, they have played 7A and 6A schools in the regular season granted not the caliber of your conference but big kids/teams with athletes and they dominated the line of scrimmage. Difference is those teams wernt coached up To the same level as your leauge, but I think they will hold their own on the line, I just don’t see a 21 point difference but I’ve been wrong before.

back to the game (dave pasch reference)...not that it means anything, but i just think it's interesting that kaleb brown is the 2nd fastest running back to play against sterling this season. sterling hosted marengo (finn schirmer) in week 1. schirmer won the class 2a 100 meter dash last year at state, with brown not far behind in 4th.
How many carries/yards did he have in the Sterling game? I know The final was 49-7

Technically those were ESCC not CCL teams at the time if you're referring to wins over St. Viator and Marian Central Catholic....
Thanks for the correction, I was referring to the comment of Chicago suburban teams, notice I left out CPL teams lol

Willie Gault was really fast...

Threads like this one, make me glad I don't do predictions of HS football games. Telling the other team supporters that there going to be blown out in the game is an insult. I always like to see those predictions be be turned around or the game to be close. Not every team getting to this point in the playoffs is no bueno as Bowie 50 would say. This is high school football and anything can happen especially in the playoffs. Bad penalties, poor coaching decisions, injuries, etc. I hope that this is a close game! I root for St. Rita, but Sterling is a good football team so I don't see a blow out!

Rock Soup

Sorry about being right.
Wassup: See my last post relative to what can happen in a high school football game that can hurt a team favored to win. Yes, you made the right call last year. JCA deserved the win as their coaches out witted Montini's. That is not to say Montini had bad coaching in the game but rather JCA's coaches were better at half time adjustments. As the JCA posters on here acknowledged after the game, Montini could have won that game last year if they would have kept running the ball with #24 (Fedanzo). JCA's defense couldn't stop him all game. The injury before halftime to Jr. QB Deontay Bell sealed Montini's fate. I'm hoping we see a rematch this year, but Montini has some real tough competition in the 5A North bracket.

Sterling rarely punted in any game this year, I’m curious to see how much that gets shuts down.. or slowed down? I’m wondering if this will be a low scoring game or a high scoring game, I’m betting each offense has some success but again whoever takes control of the line will win.
Rock Soup

Sorry about being right.
so who is your pick this year? What two teams will be playing the championship?

Sterling rarely punted in any game this year, I’m curious to see how much that gets shuts down.. or slowed down? I’m wondering if this will be a low scoring game or a high scoring game, I’m betting each offense has some success but again whoever takes control of the line will win.

so who is your pick this year? What two teams will be playing the championship?

I posted it on another thread..

St Rita over JCA by 1 point.

Reactions: Sterling Warrior
Props to SR’s social media department. That video they put out on Twitter was pretty entertaining! Ha loved the little troll job with the “you’re the best“ song.

Safe travels to anyone making the trip over today!

Reactions: Stable42 and SGW08
Props to SR’s social media department. That video they put out on Twitter was pretty entertaining! Ha loved the little troll job with the “you’re the best“ song.

Safe travels to anyone making the trip over today!

Agree. Solid troll job. Better bring more than Twitter with them tho. Looking forward to a good one. Go Warriors

Missed the St. Rita touchdown, a long TD run by Kaleeb Brown. But since than the Mustangs have turned it over three times. However, Sterling has yet to muster a first down on offense and seems to be going backwards on most plays.

68-yd TD run by Brown. Great run, multiple cutbacks as he ran down the field This game is going to be ugly. Extra-point no good. 13-0.

Sterling is not even in the same stratosphere as St. Rita. 5 possessions no first downs for Sterling. Only thing keeping this things from being a serious blowout is St Rita already has 3 turnovers

Sterling Warrior...Want to take your medicine now or wait until after the game? Maybe next time don't run your mouth so much before the game?

It never ceases to amaze me how a really good defense can make a good offense look terrible, I don’t think we’ve had a first down yet.

Sterling Warrior...Want to take your medicine now or wait until after the game? Maybe next time don't run your mouth so much before the game?
First of all I never ran my mouth, second of all it’s 13-0 with 5 min before the half, at least wait for the game to be over.

Moral victory for Sterling as it finally gets a first down, albeit deep in its own territory. Don't know how it happened as the video timed out just as the QB threw the ball. When it returned ref was spotting the ball.

St. Rita kicks field goal as time expires, 16-0 at half.
Sterling's defense actually has looked halfway decent, but this game could be eight quarters long and I don't know if St. Rita would give up a point.

Its 13-0 at halftime.... for the record you have had two big plays that went for TDS , other than that Sterling D has contained and caused those fumbles Your acting like the game is over and it’s 42-0
St. Rita kicks field goal as time expires, 16-0 at half.
Sterling's defense actually has looked halfway decent, but this game could be eight quarters long and I don't know if St. Rita would give up a point.
true statement

Game is far from being over. Rita dominated Rockford Auburn in the 1st half a couple of years ago and lost the game. See Montini earlier in the year. Take nothing for granted, stop turning the ball over and play as hard in the second half as in the first half. If victorious, she will have a full week to recover.

Game is far from being over. Rita dominated Rockford Auburn in the 1st half a couple of years ago and lost the game. See Montini earlier in the year. Take nothing for granted, stop turning the ball over and play as hard in the second half as in the first half. If victorious, she will have a full week to recover.
Too long of a list as you and I know wit. The only thing I know is Sterling won’t quit until the final whistle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT