ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 and TRAC week 10

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
WB6

IC Catholic over Geneseo: Geneseo started out read hot, but sadly faltered down the stretch. They still get to week 10, but draw IC Catholic who has to be the favorite to make it to the finals out of the north bracket. Honestly, I just hope the Leafs can keep it close with a chance to steal it at the end of the game. To do that, Geneseo has to put drives together and keep the IC Catholic offense on the sidelines.

Quincy over West Chicago: Quincy gets the 3 seed in 7A and draws West Chicago in the first round which from what I gather is a bit of a feel good story. I have not seen West Chicago play, but I know Quincy has had little trouble moving the ball on opponents either running or passing wise. Quincy’s weak point will be their defense which gave up 33 points in 2 of their last 3 games. One of Quincy’s biggest advantage? The crazy long bus drive West Chicago will have to make.

Sterling over Chicago Payton: Sterling slips into the 5A playoffs as the 16 seed and gets to drive to Chicago to face 1 seed Payton. Payton comes from the CPL which is not known for its high level of quality football. On film, Payton does look decent with a couple good athletes. Hopefully Sterling gets off the bus with the same mind set they had when they best Moline week 9 and with a chip to prove they belong.

TRAC

Morrison over Fulton: Preview of the Wooden Shoe Game! This one wont be for the trophy (that will start next year when Morrison goes to the NUIC) but there will be no love lost when they meet on the field. Morrison has hammered most of the teams they have played with size and speed. Fulton, has done much of the same. This should be a close, hard fought, barn burner of the game, but I think the Mustangs speed gives them the edge.

Newman over ROWVA: Another fun 1A match up. Newman has gotten to this point with very tough defense and they will look to lean on that defense as the offense has been…up and down this season. ROWVA comes from the tough Lincoln Trial conference and will look to find a way over, around, or through the tough Comet D. Newman’s defense will get a score at some point of this game, and that will be the scoring difference.

Westville over Rockridge: Ok, the 2A North is LOADED. Rockridge finished 8-1 but is still the 9 seed and traveling. Rockridge has been playing better and better each week after their week 1 hiccup against Newman. They will going to need to really bring the A game as Westville can score points in bunches, have a QB that can sling it and run it. Rockridge will need to get their running game going and control the clock, but Westville might be a bit much for the Rockets.

Princeton over Paxton: Princeton is the 2 seed in the 3A north bracket and draws Paxton from the Illini Prairie. Paxton blew out the bad teams it played and got blown out by the good teams. Princeton is a very good team. Tigers get the scoring going early and often and get the running clocking going sometime in the 2nd half.

North Boone over Monmouth-Roseville: MonRose managed to grit out 5 wins down the stretch of the season and draws North Boone out of the Big Northern. North Boone is a solid team, but not the best MonRose has played this season. MonRose can win this game, but they have to limit North Boone’s big plays and keep the game close.

Kewanee over Peoria Notre Dame: Kewanee is the 3 seed in the 4A south bracket and draws PND from the Big Twelve conference. Kewanee is big and mean and normally pushes other teams around with it’s punishing run game. They are also used to playing run first teams like PND. It will be curious to see how well the Boilermakers do in the playoffs since they normally play 1A-3A teams, but I think round one they are able to get a handle on PND.

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT