ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita @ Sterling

He’s getting recruited as a playmaker. Position changes as needed.

I'm surprised he's currently being recruited as a WR. I have no doubt he would excel at WR, but I like him at RB. He already runs with good balance and power. He's not just a speed guy. That will only improve in the next two years. It will be interesting to see where he ends up, position-wise, in college.

Many High School players are put into positions that their team has the greatest need. Kaleb Brown was very impressive during the summer at the 7 on 7 camps at wide receiver. He wasn't needed there with Henry Wilson (Boston College) at WR. But Henry is hurt. Kaleb will be all over the field where needed.

Rita's DE Michael Milton is having a fine year, but he's been invited to the Blue Gray game as a LB. It's about the team especially at this time of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Alright so food...

Angelo’s may be the place to go if you’re thinking about eating before the game and want pizza. They do offer a buffet if you wanted to check that out before you sit down. They have pizza, pasta, bread/sauce, and a nice salad bar with that. One disclaimer on Angelo’s- it is a local favorite. If you don’t like it you wouldn’t be the first out of towner saying it. Townies love the spaghetti pizza but it is very hit and miss for people that didn’t grow up here.

Al & Leda’s doesn’t open until 4 I believe although they still do cook for the football concessions. So that’s only an option if you stick around and head there after the game or you get a slice at the concession stand.

I’d still recommend Kelly’s. Nice options for a variety of tastes and a nice atmosphere. Small joint and they don’t take reservations. If you have more than a group of 6 then you may have to wait a bit.

Otherwise you have the local sports bars. The Factory has good stuff. The Blvd would be a nice stop for their big pretzel to share and a beer for before the game. Also there’s the Candlelight. Again with another local favorite that others don’t always like- Chicken George. This is more of a sit down option if you get in early or head there after the game.

Alright so food...

Angelo’s may be the place to go if you’re thinking about eating before the game and want pizza. They do offer a buffet if you wanted to check that out before you sit down. They have pizza, pasta, bread/sauce, and a nice salad bar with that. One disclaimer on Angelo’s- it is a local favorite. If you don’t like it you wouldn’t be the first out of towner saying it. Townies love the spaghetti pizza but it is very hit and miss for people that didn’t grow up here.

Al & Leda’s doesn’t open until 4 I believe although they still do cook for the football concessions. So that’s only an option if you stick around and head there after the game or you get a slice at the concession stand.

I’d still recommend Kelly’s. Nice options for a variety of tastes and a nice atmosphere. Small joint and they don’t take reservations. If you have more than a group of 6 then you may have to wait a bit.

Otherwise you have the local sports bars. The Factory has good stuff. The Blvd would be a nice stop for their big pretzel to share and a beer for before the game. Also there’s the Candlelight. Again with another local favorite that others don’t always like- Chicken George. This is more of a sit down option if you get in early or head there after the game.
Now that is one thorough and detailed food scouting report. Thank you. And since I’m from out of town and would like to know more about Sterling, can you also tell me what 3rd down defensive fronts and coverages Sterling likes to use? Thanks g dub!

and don't forget Arthur's Garden Deli for sandwiches, baked potatoes, soup, etc. good before and/or after the game.

Haha yes how could I forget Arthur’s. (You’ll hear/see the above ad a couple times throughout the game on the board).

Arthur's is good stuff too if you’re looking to eat a little lighter instead of the bar food/pizza.

And as far as the rest goes, schemes are not for me. If I shared what I thought you’d be getting an incorrect scouting report. I’m more basketball X’s and O’s.

Reactions: RockSoup
Disclaimer: wassup’s hs football playoff predictions are pretty good. He also knows CCL football..and escc
Just curious if wassup predicted the running clock Sterling put on Saint Viator or if he predicted when Sterling beat Marian Catholic in the quarters? or was he predicting Sterling would lose by 21 points?

Should be a very interesting game. Both teams have kids who if they get a seam, they are gone. Both defenses have seen ups and downs. One team ran away with the scoreboard in most games they played...the other is about as battle tested against tough foes as one can get. I am looking forward to putting college football on hold for 3 hours on Saturday to watch the alma mater play against one darn good football team.

Kaleb Brown May be the difference in this game but a lot of his success and any running backs success really is how good the O line is to create those holes, I truly believe this game will be won in the trenches as they say. Lots of other factors too of course like turnovers, but ultimately the line play. I will know within the first few possessions how this games going to go.

Marengo, Pekin, Alleman, Moline, And Rock Island I believe is all of them this year

For Rita I believe is was JCA, Richards, Loyola, Montini, Noter Dame, Benet, Providence and of course Marian Catholic all made the playoffs.

It will be an excellent game to watch Saturday.

This thread has a hard time staying on it's original track of where to get food before and/or after the game and causes me to get hungry every time I click on it.

It doesn't help that I have been on diet for 3+ months, it doesn't take a whole lot to get me salivating for good food. :(

Marengo, Pekin, Alleman, Moline, And Rock Island I believe is all of them this year
All teams but Rock Island and Sterling lost in the first round. Rock Island beat conference champ Dunlap of the mid Illini conf, Sterling beat Rock Island by over 3 touch downs.

I was wondering how players on Sterling go both ways? Their roster has some nice size but seems kind of short in numbers. Need all the info I can get to make informed picks on the Prognostication Thread. Should be a one score game either way.

I was wondering how players on Sterling go both ways? Their roster has some nice size but seems kind of short in numbers. Need all the info I can get to make informed picks on the Prognostication Thread.

i'm guessing it's 5 or 6.

Disclaimer: Wassup is a Montini fan.
In the the CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week XI Wassup picks his Montini to lose to Sycamore by three (sandbagging) and picks Rita to win by 21 (stirring the pot). Never bet with guys like this, their always working and angle. But you have to hand it to him supporting his team even in a devious way. ;)

LWE over ND by 11.

Glenbard North over MC by 1.

Glenbard West over Loyola by 2.

Sycamore over Montini by 3.

St Rita over Sterling by 21.

Naz over Thornton.

Huntley over Marist by 2.

Brother Rice over South Elgin by 24.

Last edited:
In the the CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week XI Wassup picks his Montini to lose to Sycamore by three (sandbagging) and picks Rita to win by 21 (stirring the pot). Never bet with guys like this, their always working and angle. But you have to hand it to him supporting his team even in devious way. ;)

Tomloner,

Wish your comments were true but they are not.

Sycamore has been playing Montini very close their last 3 meetings. They could have beat the Broncos last year at Montini on their final drive with a field goal. This game is at Sycamore and I do believe they get past the Montini hump this year. Sycamore by 3.

Sterling has problems with good Chicagoland teams in the playoffs. What was the score of the Montini game last year? Rita has a great back Sterling can't stop. Rita is one of the hottest teams in the state right now along with JCA. Rita by 21.

You will find out late Saturday both my predictions were correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: stl705 and USD24
Tomloner,

Sycamore has been playing Montini very close their last 3 meetings. They could have beat the Broncos last year at Montini on their final drive. This game is at Sycamore and I do believe they get past the Montini hump this year. Sycamore by 3.

Sterling has problems with good Chicagoland teams in the playoffs. What was the score of the Montini game last year? Rita has a great back Sterling can't stop. Rita is one of the hottest teams in the state right now along with JCA. Rita by 21.

You will find out late Saturday both my predictions were.correct.
Good luck this weekend. If you guys play like they did in 2nd half vs Rita you should be in the finals.

I was wondering how players on Sterling go both ways? Their roster has some nice size but seems kind of short in numbers. Need all the info I can get to make informed picks on the Prognostication Thread. Should be a one score game either way.
Where can we see this prognostication thread?

Tomloner,

Sycamore has been playing Montini very close their last 3 meetings. They could have beat the Broncos last year at Montini on their final drive. This game is at Sycamore and I do believe they get past the Montini hump this year. Sycamore by 3.

You can bet we will meet back here if you are wrong
Tomloner,

Possible but I doubt it, if your wrong you just set yourself up to eat some crow Saturday evening back here on the boards.

I'm confident with both picks.

I don't come on the board and pick every game. Mostly just the teams and games I know.

Tomloner,

Sycamore has been playing Montini very close their last 3 meetings. They could have beat the Broncos last year at Montini on their final drive with a field goal. This game is at Sycamore and I do believe they get past the Montini hump this year. Sycamore by 3.

You will find out late Saturday both my predictions were correct.

your generalizing “Sterling” as the same team every year and need I remind you “Sterling”has made it to the last two semi final games in a row beating at least 2 out of 3 CCL teams, your Montini being the one loss, who knows? you may be right, but if your not give us some credit next year before making such a bold prediction.

your generalizing “Sterling” as the same team every year and need I remind you “Sterling”has made it to the last two semi final games in a row beating at least 2 out of 3 CCL teams, your Montini being the one loss, who knows? you may be right, but if your not give us some credit next year before making such a bold prediction.

Come on man, every year you get on here and get defensive about people making predictions. A couple years ago I’d bet most posters would have been talking about how it’ll be a blow out for SR. There’s quite a few this year talking about how it’s going to be a very good game. Each year Sterling gets a little more respect because of their play on the field. Just enjoy the ride and hopefully they get it done on Saturday.

Come on man, every year you get on here and get defensive about people making predictions. A couple years ago I’d bet most posters would have been talking about how it’ll be a blow out for SR. There’s quite a few this year talking about how it’s going to be a very good game. Each year Sterling gets a little more respect because of their play on the field. Just enjoy the ride and hopefully they get it done on Saturday.
Who said I was offended? It is a bold prediction though, I was respectful and all I asked for was a little more respect next year if his prediction dosent hold true.

Who said I was offended? It is a bold prediction though, I was respectful and all I asked for was a little more respect next year if his prediction dosent hold true.

I don’t think anyone said you were “offended”. I said you get DEFENSIVE. You’re obviously a very confident and loyal fan which is awesome. It’d just be nice if you humbled your replies a little bit. Telling people how they better give Sterling respect or how they better be ready to eat crow if they’re wrong. If they’re wrong, that’ll be freaking awesome and I hope you celebrate the win with some beers with your buddies (or whatever your choice of celebration is). Enjoy the ride.

I don’t think anyone said you were “offended”. I said you get DEFENSIVE. You’re obviously a very confident and loyal fan which is awesome. It’d just be nice if you humbled your replies a little bit. Telling people how they better give Sterling respect or how they better be ready to eat crow if they’re wrong. If they’re wrong, that’ll be freaking awesome and I hope you celebrate the win with some beers with your buddies (or whatever your choice of celebration is). Enjoy the ride.
Ok,
my replies are about as humble as I can be, predicting a 21 point blowout is not humble, it could happen though, I honestly am having a hard time predicting this game and nothing would surprise me. all I asked for was if the prediction didn’t come true to think twice next time. Not trying to be a dick really. Let’s just shut up and let them prove it on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT