ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita @ Sterling

Game is far from being over. Rita dominated Rockford Auburn in the 1st half a couple of years ago and lost the game. See Montini earlier in the year. Take nothing for granted, stop turning the ball over and play as hard in the second half as in the first half. If victorious, she will have a full week to recover.
If they learned anything from the Montini game it better be run the ball.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Here is a shocker in Class 6A, East Side 50-14 over Rocky with 8:00 left in second quarter.

Congrats to St Rita, you guys have a really good team and that Brown kid was fun to watch...even though he was kicking my teams butt! Good luck in the next round.

Thank you. Hopefully, no injuries for both teams.

I have no idea how the IHSA does this classification thing now because I'd never thought Rita would ever be in 5A. Be it what it is, I hope these teams play in the future in the 5A playoffs.

Reactions: jobou127
Thank you. Hopefully, no injuries for both teams.

I have no idea how the IHSA does this classification thing now because I'd never thought Rita would ever be in 5A. Be it what it is, I hope these teams play in the future in the 5A playoffs.

I have no clue either, but you play who is put in front of you. Hope there are no injuries also. Wouldn't mind rankings in future being based on strength of schedule or some other "true ranking".

Reactions: jobou127 and gw86
This thread has a hard time staying on it's original track of where to get food before and/or after the game and causes me to get hungry every time I click on it.

It doesn't help that I have been on diet for 3+ months, it doesn't take a whole lot to get me salivating for good food. :(

Have you heard of intermittent fasting? It's the real thing; people swear by it.

Hats off to SR. There’s not much else to say other than their D dominated. Sterling’s D did what it could to keep it close. Forced some early to’s but couldn’t capitalize and Brown got loose a couple times and did his thing.

Hopefully any fans that made the trip got some good food and safe travels home.

Can't help but feel for Coach Schlemmer. He's a great coach and an extremely positive guy, but there wasn't much he could say during the post game interview. He's built a phenomenal program at Sterling that I think has arguably been the best public school program in class 5a over the past 4 years. As a long time Sterling fan, I would love to see them eventually bring home a state championship, but games like this...and Montini last year...and Philips the year before just show the enormous talent gap that exists between the top level private schools in the Chicagoland area and Sterling. It stands to reason though. Those private schools draw from a population of over 1 million people and compete against sterling who draws from a population of 15,000. It's a completely different set of rules that those teams are constructed under, and it takes a generationally special public school team to win against these private schools that reload the exact same level of teams almost every year.

Can't help but feel for Coach Schlemmer. He's a great coach and an extremely positive guy, but there wasn't much he could say during the post game interview. He's built a phenomenal program at Sterling that I think has arguably been the best public school program in class 5a over the past 4 years. As a long time Sterling fan, I would love to see them eventually bring home a state championship, but games like this...and Montini last year...and Philips the year before just show the enormous talent gap that exists between the top level private schools in the Chicagoland area and Sterling. It stands to reason though. Those private schools draw from a population of over 1 million people and compete against sterling who draws from a population of 15,000. It's a completely different set of rules that those teams are constructed under, and it takes a generationally special public school team to win against these private schools that reload the exact same level of teams almost every year.
How many kids do SHS lose to NCC or Rockford privates? What does feeder programs look like?

Just depends on the schools. Marian catholic is the same as rita with open borders and you beat the crap out of them.
Rita is 0-2 against Richards last 2 years.

Reactions: crusaderpride
Just depends on the schools. Marian catholic is the same as rita with open borders and you beat the crap out of them.
Rita is 0-2 against Richards last 2 years.

Talent tends to travel in packs. Pied pipers can gather a group of talented kids at any of the non-boundaried schools. Can't happen like that at publics.

I do have to retract my earlier statement that Sterling is the best public 5a program in the past 4 years...That honor probably goes to Sycamore, especially after just knocking off Montini 16-13 in OT.

Reactions: jobou127
Talent tends to travel in packs. Pied pipers can gather a group of talented kids at any of the non-boundaried schools. Can't happen like that at publics.

I do have to retract my earlier statement that Sterling is the best public 5a program in the past 4 years...That honor probably goes to Sycamore, especially after just knocking off Montini 16-13 in OT.
How many boys do you guys have each year?

Sycamore hasn’t been to two semis like Sterling has.

Ok, I'm a little slow. Are you really curious how many boys go to Sterling High School and how that result in 40 players playing football?
Not how it results, just wondering how many play out of the total.
I've never been involved with public schools so I wonder why when some schools have 1500 boys and can barely get a 100 out for football.

Wassup, I wanted to wait until after the games to make a comment here, and you were spot on. Kudos to you and your acumen.

BTW, you think Rita can beat Hillcrest on the road?

Here are my comments on another thread..

To me this bracket has been easy to pick so far and everything going the way I thought it would. I still forecast...

Rita over Sycamore (2 smashmouth teams)
JCA over Rochester

Rita over JCA by 1 for the state title.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
I didn’t see Sterling getting shut down on offense like they did, it hurt to watch, but it was total domination. Rita is at another level. I thought Sterling played decent defense but it didn’t matter when your offense can’t move the ball, it’s the most bizarre feeling watching a team all season that scores 50 points a game get shut out and have another team do it to them. Rita is at another level and I would be surprised if anyone left on the road to state even comes close to giving them a game. wassup I stand corrected, you know your football.

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT