ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 9

I understand wanting to win, but I would rather look on it as wishing to celebrate the fact that an SHG alumnus (Derek) was having such success at his profession. I wonder if some of the resentment was due to the fact that Derek was coaching against his alma mater? Regardless, what was he supposed to do? Ken was still at SHG and not ready to retire in the foreseeable future and as proven, Derek was meant to be a head coach.
You are probably correct and those types of comments don't even phase most people. At the time I remeber wishing Mahan hadn't written the article because so much is said in the heat of the moment, it doesn't need rehashed. I only brought it up to illustrate that both sides are susceptible to the same overzealous fan behavior. Allison and Derek I'm sure don't even pay it a second glance.

Nah...more along the lines of expressing hatred for DL and the Rockets. A topic I believe Ryan Mahan wrote about in the SJR years back after also overhearing SHG fans express their hatred for the up and coming Rockets. Remind me again....what does the Bible say about hatred for your fellow man?
All.... More then happy to show you what your are missing regardless of what a reporter heard in the stands and if he had exact quotes on what was said or is paraphrasing. So certain groups on both sides don't like each other. Well ok.

But bringing religion in a negative toward SHG because you are not getting a football stream is lowbrowl. But hey it's not anything I haven't heard before by other public schools because SHG has a successful football program. Why should Rochester be any different stooping to that level.

Have a pleasant evening and know Cyclones fans won't get in your face and tell you that parking spot is not for you. ( first come first serve of course!) Or cuss you out because you won't move. Or tell you take down that SHG flag flying high. Or take pictures of your plate to give to Rochester PD to find out who you are. Hey I would of given my name and address. lol We don't roll that way at SHG. Ratsy

Another impressive victory for the Rochester freshman last night 30-20 over SHG. Rochester freshman finish the year 9-0.
SHG played with more emotion and executed better in the 1st half and led 14-6. Not sure if that was the first time the Rocket freshman were behind, but they responded in the 2nd half. SHG almost returned the kickoff for a TD, but the Rockets held and then got the offense going.

Last edited:
SHG played with more emotion in the 1st half and led 14-6. Not sure if that was the first time the Rocket freshman were behind, but they responded very well in the 2nd. SHG almost returned the 2nd half kickoff for a TD, but the Rockets held and then got the offense going.
Shg played without Groesch, who is playing varsity. With him, I think shg wins the game. But Rochester played well, especially in the second half.

Reactions: rocketnation
... "great coaching (cough, cough SHG)"... . You're joking, right? Sorry, but I remember the Waterloo game from last year. Basically a deer staring into the headlights for most of the game. Running clock this Friday if that repeats itself.
Foolish to judge an entire coaching staff after one game, especially when those with true knowledge of Cyclone program realize Allison & co have effectively been running the show for multiple years. As an SHG fan, proud of that performance in a "new" era (again, not much change playcalling/scheme/gameplanning) when they were clearly "out-manned." Seems that even with no KL, the leonard bowl pendulum will continue to swing back and forth as the programs trade incredibly talented upper classes. Hats off to Rochester, hope they go win it all!

Finals
Springfield 73 Lanphier 0. Springfield 3-6, Lanphier 0-9.

Southeast 64 Eisenhower 0, Southeast 2-7, Eisenhower 1-8.

Chatham 42 Lincoln 14. Chatham 6-3, Lincoln 5-4.

U High 49 Jacksonville 35. Jacksonville ends at 4-5. At 7-2, U High comes in 2nd in the conference.

MacArthur 54 Bloomington 10. Mac routs a 6A playoff qualifier on the road. They have now won 5 straight and could make a run in 5A depending on their draw. Not sure if their 6 wins gives them a shot at a home game next week.

Rochester 31 SHG 21. The Rockets get their first win at KL Stadium, but this was hard fought the entire way. Henry Buecker had 2 receiving TD's, and Nolan Mrozowksi had 2 rushing TD's. Rochester had several chances to open up decisive leads in both half's but had one TD called back on a penalty and twice turned the ball over deep in Cyclone territory.

Up 24-7 in the 3rd after a Field Goal and looking to turn it over to the defense, SHG returned the kickoff for a score, which gave them a big boost at a critical moment. 3rd kickoff return TD Rochester has allowed this season. Both teams had too many penalties for this time of the season. Rochester's penalties cost them several scoring chances. The Rocket sidelines also were penalized twice. There were times where the defense got good pressure on QB Levi Hanauer and mostly stopped the run. However, I can't tell you how many 3rd and long passes SHG completed in the game to keep drives alive, but it had to at least 5. WR Josh McClain had multiple big catches for the Cyclones. Rochester got a late stop deep in their own territory, and then ran out the clock. Rochester 9-0, SHG 6-3.

All.... Congrat to the Rockets on their 10 point victory. Who "dat"crew that called the game. Ratsy P.S. Love me that 4A postseason ball....

All.... More then happy to show you what your are missing regardless of what a reporter heard in the stands and if he had exact quotes on what was said or is paraphrasing. So certain groups on both sides don't like each other. Well ok.

But bringing religion in a negative toward SHG because you are not getting a football stream is lowbrowl. But hey it's not anything I haven't heard before by other public schools because SHG has a successful football program. Why should Rochester be any different stooping to that level.

Have a pleasant evening and know Cyclones fans won't get in your face and tell you that parking spot is not for you. ( first come first serve of course!) Or cuss you out because you won't move. Or tell you take down that SHG flag flying high. Or take pictures of your plate to give to Rochester PD to find out who you are. Hey I would of given my name and address. lol We don't roll that way at SHG. Ratsy
I read the entire thread. There was one comment about religion from a single fan and it was handled appropriately and the the thread moved away from encouraging that sentiment. Let's not encourage victimhood as the second paragraph of your inane comment progresses toward its conclusion.

As for the "they hate us" GIF, it was a funny response to a comment which seemed aimed at diffusing a scenario in a back and forth from the page to the fan commenting. That you took offense to it is a "you" problem. There was nothing untoward about SHG written by the fanpage.

SHG played the game of their lives this evening. Whilst Rochester made a ton of errors and still controlled the game from beginning to 0:00. But just as SHG would have never made the 2022 Final had they not played a full semi-final game, Rochester would not be 9-0 if they didn't do the same. I am certain the sting of a 6-3 regular season will wear off if SHG ends up 11-3.

Last edited:
I read the entire thread. There was one comment about religion from a single fan and it was handled appropriately and the the thread moved away from encouraging that sentiment. Let's not encourage victimhood as the second paragraph of your inane comment progresses toward it conclusion.
All..... It took you what hours to come up with that. lol Tap dance all you want. Your fan base was exposed what everyone in Springfield already knows. And of course it was deleted something that should happen more often on that facebook site. Have a pleasant evening.... Ratsy

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros
Unless Morris ends up in the south in 4A
That is unlikely given the fact 8A is likely to pull a team up from the current 7A Outlook. 7A is likely to pull 3 6A teams up. 6A is likely to pull 4 5A teams up. And then things will even out in 4A as there were eleven 4-4 teams in 4A entering Friday.

That is unlikely given the fact 8A is likely to pull a team up from the current 7A Outlook. 7A is likely to pull 3 6A teams up. 6A is likely to pull 4 5A teams up. And then things will even out in 4A as there were eleven 4-4 teams in 4A entering Friday.
TBD. Watching Soucie work through it now. I think it will be closer than you're saying. Gotta factor in that's it's more than likely multiple 4-5 teams will get in.

All..... It took you what hours to come up with that. lol Tap dance all you want. Your fan base was exposed what everyone in Springfield already knows. And of course it was deleted something that should happen more often on that facebook site. Have a pleasant evening.... Ratsy
The post about some sort of religion was not deleted. I read it before I responded. And the "they hate us" gif was still there as well. Try again. You mad bro? You seem upset.

Unless Morris ends up in the south in 4A
Multiple 4-4 4A teams with lower enrollment than Morris got their 5th win tonight. Effingham, Taylorville, Cahokia, Plano, and St Viator. Won't know for sure until tomorrow, but I think a few of the more 4A high enrollment teams from Week 8 will end up in 5A w/Morris.

TBD. Watching Soucie work through it now. I think it will be closer than you're saying. Gotta factor in that's it's more than likely multiple 4-5 teams will get in.

Earlier this week I predicted three 4-5 teams could make it. Naz, Woodstock Marian, and Brother Rice. Brother Rice won and is now 5-4. So they should definitely make it due to their points. I do believe the Lemont and Argo victories could affect this and push the possible 4-5 qualifiers out.

Multiple 4-4 4A teams with lower enrollment than Morris got their 5th win tonight. Effingham, Taylorville, Cahokia, Plano, and St Viator. Won't know for sure until tomorrow, but I think a few of the more 4A high enrollment teams from Week 8 will end up in 5A w/Morris.
Cahokia was the only team on that list which was a surprise as they faced 7A O'Fallon. The others were expected to go 5-4 per the predictors and the quality of their opponents.

The post about some sort of religion was not deleted. I read it before I responded. And the "they hate us" gif was still there as well. Try again. You mad bro? You seem upset.
All.... Not at all. lol It shows exactly to the point what I said. Thanks to that site manager (a participant) for allowing everyone to see it. Ratsy

• Haha
Finals
Springfield 73 Lanphier 0. Springfield 3-6, Lanphier 0-9.

Southeast 64 Eisenhower 0, Southeast 2-7, Eisenhower 1-8.

Chatham 42 Lincoln 14. Chatham 6-3, Lincoln 5-4.

U High 49 Jacksonville 35. Jacksonville ends at 4-5. At 7-2, U High comes in 2nd in the conference.

MacArthur 54 Bloomington 10. Mac routs a 6A playoff qualifier on the road. They have now won 5 straight and could make a run in 5A depending on their draw. Not sure if their 6 wins gives them a shot at a home game next week.

Rochester 31 SHG 21. The Rockets get their first win at KL Stadium, but this was hard fought the entire way. Henry Buecker had 2 receiving TD's, and Nolan Mrozowksi had 2 rushing TD's. Rochester had several chances to open up decisive leads in both half's but had one TD called back on a penalty and twice turned the ball over deep in Cyclone territory.

Up 24-7 in the 3rd after a Field Goal and looking to turn it over to the defense, SHG returned the kickoff for a score, which gave them a big boost at a critical moment. 3rd kickoff return TD Rochester has allowed this season. Both teams had too many penalties for this time of the season. Rochester's penalties cost them several scoring chances. The Rocket sidelines also were penalized twice. There were times where the defense got good pressure on QB Levi Hanauer and mostly stopped the run. However, I can't tell you how many 3rd and long passes SHG completed in the game to keep drives alive, but it had to at least 5. WR Josh McClain had multiple big catches for the Cyclones. Rochester got a late stop deep in their own territory, and then ran out the clock. Rochester 9-0, SHG 6-3.
MEA CULPAs:

1. MacArthur DIDN'T have a letdown after their victory over SHG last week
2. The Cyclones DIDN'T get clocked by the Rockets.

That's all. Bye!

Reactions: rocketnation
Earlier this week I predicted three 4-5 teams could make it. Naz, Woodstock Marian, and Brother Rice. Brother Rice won and is now 5-4. So they should definitely make it due to their points. I do believe the Lemont and Argo victories could affect this and push the possible 4-5 qualifiers out.
Naz, Plainfield North, Quincy ND, and I forget the other few Soucie had on his list of 4-5 teams with high playoff points that would likely get in.

All.... Not at all. lol It shows exactly to the point what I said. Thanks to that site manager (a participant) for allowing everyone to see it. Ratsy
It is determined..... you are definitely mad.

Naz, Plainfield North, Quincy ND, and I forget the other few Soucie had on his list of 4-5 teams with high playoff points that would likely get in.
Frankly, I would love if IHSA would go to 7 classes, with an 8th for 8 man football. This will eliminate the 5-4 teams. Those teams are a single series away from not qualifying, whereas a 6-3 team is a victory and a series removed from the same. This will also improve the quality of 1st round games, potentially reduce the number of playoff games and thereby reduce the number of potential injuries to these young men.

Reactions: 4Afan
All.... Malleus... With Iggy over JCA that blows up the center of the 5A southern bracket. A new evaluation will be a pain in the you know what. Also something very odd. PND lost to Peoria only by four 44 to 40. What is that all about? Ratsy

All.... What a well thought out of retort./S How many hours did that take for you to come up with that. lol Ratsy P.S. Exposure is painful for your town.
Well, simple responses are necessary for simple recipients. Go to bed.

Frankly, I would love if IHSA would go to 7 classes, with an 8th for 8 man football. This will eliminate the 5-4 teams. Those teams are a single series away from not qualifying, whereas a 6-3 team is a victory and a series removed from the same. This will also improve the quality of 1st round games, potentially reduce the number of playoff games and thereby reduce the number of potential injuries to these young men.
Lol, so your math is pathetically wrong compared to others and now you're a fan of 8-man? The worst football product ever created? Good one....

4-5 teams fight just as hard as 5-4 and 6-3 teams to get their shot... pretty ****** response from someone who was once a senior like these kids who sit at 4-5 begging for a chance at one more game.

• Haha
Lol, so your math is pathetically wrong compared to others and now you're a fan of 8-man? The worst football product ever created? Good one....

4-5 teams fight just as hard as 5-4 and 6-3 teams to get their shot... pretty ****** response from someone who was once a senior like these kids who sit at 4-5 begging for a chance at one more game.
I think if you want in the playoffs you should be expected to win at least half of your games. Not interested in rewarding being less than .500.

All.... Roamin" are you guys back in the mix? Ratsy

I think if you want in the playoffs you should be expected to win at least half of your games. Not interested in rewarding being less than .500.
Lol I can't take anyone who supports a comment about 8-man football seriously. You and cigarlooser supporting some nonsense. Time for bed, ladies.

• Haha
Lol I can't take anyone who supports a comment about 8-man football seriously. You and cigarlooser supporting some nonsense. Time for bed, ladies.
Stay classy Catlick. Don't worry, Soucie currently has six 4-5 teams getting in. Will you be present to hand out participation trophies to everyone else?

Awful hypocritical for someone who says the 4-5 teams fight just as hard and deserve at least one more game, but mocks those schools that can't field full teams. So those kids don't deserve to play 8 man football and compete?

Also, you should be careful to criticize as many catholic schools see lower enrollments, meaning less boys to play football.

All.... Roaman" are you guys back in the mix? Ratsy
4Aman says we're being rewarded for mediocrity I think. I'll let the "smart ones" like him determine if we're in.
Stay classy Catlick. Don't worry, Soucie currently has six 4-5 teams getting in. Will you be present to hand out participation trophies to everyone else?

Awful hypocritical for someone who says the 4-5 teams fight just as hard and deserve at least one more game, but mocks those schools that can't field full teams. So those kids don't deserve to play 8 man football and compete?

Also, you should be careful to criticize as many catholic schools see lower enrollments, meaning less boys to play football.
Stay fat, jelly troll. Would love to know your almer Mater or whom you currently support? Awfully easy to rest behind the light, eh?

8-man being a crap product is trivial. Even you would admit that, tough guy.

4-5 teams with 46+ playoff points aren't scheduling 5+ cupcakes a season like so many do across the state and within closed conferences. Again, would love to know the schedule your team plays, fan?

4Aman says we're being rewarded for mediocrity I think. I'll let the "smart ones" like him determine if we're in.

Stay fat, jelly troll. Would love to know your almer Mater or whom you currently support? Awfully easy to rest behind the light, eh?

8-man being a crap product is trivial. Even you would admit that, tough guy.

4-5 teams with 46+ playoff points aren't scheduling 5+ cupcakes a season like so many do across the state and within closed conferences. Again, would love to know the schedule your team plays, fan?
Morris fan here. 9-0 and will end up with close to or over 50 playoff points, so what's your response there?

Is Soucie a "smart one"? I was quoting him, he said six 4-5 teams getting in. Posted the YouTube link here earlier, feel free to click and watch for yourself.

Fat? Jelly troll? LOL. Yep, you got me, I'm tipping the scales at 170 these days. You really know me.

All.... Malleus... With Iggy over JCA that blows up the center of the 5A southern bracket. A new evaluation will be a pain in the you know what. Also something very odd. PND lost to Peoria only by four 44 to 40. What is that all about? Ratsy
Not sure, but it is a city rivalry game. I would say it could be due to Peoria getting a running clock and then holding on for the win. However, that doesn't appear to be Peoria's style. They go full offense mode until the final horn, so who knows? Maybe it was a back and forth game.

You're right about JCA. SHG will not be going to Joliet first round since the Cyclones will have more points than the Hilltoppers, both with 6-3 records. Another surprise: Marion is now 4-5, having lost to Mattoon. Marion was to be 5-4 if they would have won, so they're probably out. A new team will get to face Morris, but it won't be SHG. There appear to be a lot of 6-3 teams in 5A now, but as I see it, only one at 9-0, Morris. Morton lost last night, so they're now 8-1, along with Highland and Mahomet (Seymour) I believe. Too tired to go any further. May just wait for tomorrow night (unless you want to run some numbers).

Having gone from a 4-5 team to a championship game the next season, I fully appreciate the difference. Now, Soucie agreed Naz and Brother Rice would get in. Brother Rice was not expected to win, and yet they were on his list of 4-5 entrants. They overcame the odds and won. They are in. So that's 2 of the 3. Woodstock Marian seems to have enough points and played within 10 of Wheaton Academy.

Nonetheless, I didn't say 8 man is better. But they still have playoffs.

5-4 teams water down the quality of the matchups. In 2022, 5-4 teams went a combined 18-64. One is an outlier, Naz. However as stated earlier, I agreed they should get in this year based on the math....confirmed by Soucie. I didn't watch all 82 games with a 5-4 regular season participant, however, math and years of both of us watching football would confirm there were more injuries than games.

6-3 teams went 29-56. You see Roam, I don't do feelings. I do actual stats.

All... Why would I do that when I can talk with you rubes all night? Look it up the meaning. lol Ratsy
As I said, your simple mind requires a simple response. Get out of your feelings. There was nothing posted by that page which was offensive. You took offense. That is a you problem. A commenter brought some sort of a religious reference. It seemed to be effectively diffused. The page made a joke about the fanbase being hated. Its a joke, not a d0nk. Don't take it so hard.

Having gone from a 4-5 team to a championship game the next season, I fully appreciate the difference. Now, Soucie agreed Naz and Brother Rice would get in. Brother Rice was not expected to win, and yet they were on his list of 4-5 entrants. They overcame the odds and won. They are in. So that's 2 of the 3. Woodstock Marian seems to have enough points and played within 10 of Wheaton Academy.

Nonetheless, I didn't say 8 man is better. But they still have playoffs.

5-4 teams water down the quality of the matchups. In 2022, 5-4 teams went a combined 18-64. One is an outlier, Naz. However as stated earlier, I agreed they should get in this year based on the math....confirmed by Soucie. I didn't watch all 82 games with a 5-4 regular season participant, however, math and years of both of us watching football would confirm there were more injuries than games.

6-3 teams went 29-56. You see Roam, I don't do feelings. I do actual stats.
Fair enough. But if quality matchups is what you want, 8-man will never be it, guy. Just tough to take you seriously when you'd rather support that product over the current 11-man setup. That's all I was getting at. Your initial comment about removing a class for 8-man was laughable.

4-5 QND won't get injured playing in 2A south... should they get in... they somehow managed to avoid major injury all season playing the likes of 6A QHS, 5A Mahomet Seymour, 4A Richmond Burton, and two ranked class 3 and 4 Missouri programs. Not all 4-5 teams are built like a CPS blue division rollover program I guess.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT