ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 7

As for Springfield, I truly see their 5-1 record as a farce. They have played a schedule of losing records and beaten only a mid level Jacksonville. As for Chatham, they are revealing themselves to be inconsistent. I think the Titans took the Generals for granted during the week of practice leading up to the game after propping their egos up from their victory over Rochester.

As for U-High, that was a tough break for them. The playoff points were low and they weren't ready for a run heavy Coal City. Rochester put a clock on Coal City the week after. This year does not look better as I think they will only get to the 31 point mark. Last year, 31 playoff points among the 7-2 teams puts a squad at second to last in seeding. This year, they sit at 7th to last in the collection of 4-2 teams. They are dead last in the list of 4A schools with the same 4-2 record. And if things hold true, they will be dead last in 4A among schools with a 7-2 record. It does not help that their last three opponents are winless and I don't believe there will be more than 2 wins from those three teams out of their last combined 9 games. If the playoffs started this week, they would be a 15 seed and beat Olney before hosting Rochester in the second round.
This year SHS smells like last year Lincoln, although with better QB play.

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros
As for Springfield, I truly see their 5-1 record as a farce. They have played a schedule of losing records and beaten only a mid level Jacksonville. As for Chatham, they are revealing themselves to be inconsistent. I think the Titans took the Generals for granted during the week of practice leading up to the game after propping their egos up from their victory over Rochester.

As for U-High, that was a tough break for them. The playoff points were low and they weren't ready for a run heavy Coal City. Rochester put a clock on Coal City the week after. This year does not look better as I think they will only get to the 31 point mark. Last year, 31 playoff points among the 7-2 teams puts a squad at second to last in seeding. This year, they sit at 7th to last in the collection of 4-2 teams. They are dead last in the list of 4A schools with the same 4-2 record. And if things hold true, they will be dead last in 4A among schools with a 7-2 record. It does not help that their last three opponents are winless and I don't believe there will be more than 2 wins from those three teams out of their last combined 9 games. If the playoffs started this week, they would be a 15 seed and beat Olney before hosting Rochester in the second round.
I would hate to be a high seed facing U High in the 1st round.

Last year, 7-2 couldn't get U High a 1st round home game. We'll see what 7-2 does this year, but with a decent draw they could make a deep run in 4A. Their offense is legit.

Hope you're right about the Generals. Mac has had problems scoring and should never have given up 43 to Lincoln last week. However, they did hold Springfield to 21 points at home and were only down 13-6 against Chatham late in the 3rd at home before losing 34-6.
U-High is a bit different this season but I agree with ya!

Last year, 7-2 couldn't get U High a 1st round home game. We'll see what 7-2 does this year, but with a decent draw they could make a deep run in 4A. Their offense is legit.

Hope you're right about the Generals. Mac has had problems scoring and should never have given up 43 to Lincoln last week. However, they did hold Springfield to 21 points at home and were only down 13-6 against Chatham late in the 3rd at home before losing 34-6.
Seeding will be a big part of U-High’s success. Last year having to go to coal city and play in a mud bowl handicapped U-High’s passing attack and turned a one score game at half into a route. If they can manage a few home games, they’ll be very well set up, and hopefully will have another shot at Rochester at some point.

Seeding will be a big part of U-High’s success. Last year having to go to coal city and play in a mud bowl handicapped U-High’s passing attack and turned a one score game at half into a route. If they can manage a few home games, they’ll be very well set up, and hopefully will have another shot at Rochester at some point.
As @cigaros pointed out, having 1 former and three future opponents with zero wins will be a liability when it comes to playoff points. The seeding question for U High will probably depend on how many 5-1 and 4-2 teams currently above them end up with less than the 7 wins the Pioneers seem very likely to get.

Last edited:
The mistakes Rochester 🏈 made will not be made again. Brody knows this. And so does Derek. If Rochester 🏈 and U-high meet in the second round or any round, this will be a three score Margn of victory, bare minimum for Rochester 🏈 .

Coal City's style of play and physical nature were a major departure from what U-High had been playing against for most of the year as well. I'd say CC was consistently the hardest hitting team that Rochester played last year. You could certainly see the tradition of their wrestling program played out on the football field. Now, they couldn't throw the ball at all - and nobody we moving the ball on that Rochester defense last year...but...back to the main point - I imagine the physicality might've thrown off U-High last year. Agreed, that they are a team that can certainly put up points and should make some noise in the playoffs.

Yeah, we can all dream

Rochester*

Screenshot
I erred when running the predictor models. I forgot to input the last quarter of the South bracket.

UPDATE
QND loses by 2 scores to Maroa Forsyth in the semifinals.
Wilmington beats Maroa at ISU
But, big but.... QND would be predicted to be 3rd as they would defeat Seneca. So there's that. The football Gods have saved the championship trophy from having to spend a year in the Hell Next to Hannibal

I erred when running the predictor models. I forgot to input the last quarter of the South bracket.

UPDATE
QND loses by 2 scores to Maroa Forsyth in the semifinals.
Wilmington beats Maroa at ISU
But, big but.... QND would be predicted to be 3rd as they would defeat Seneca. So there's that. The football Gods have saved the championship trophy from having to spend a year in the Hell Next to Hannibal
Well we know Rochester isn't perfect. Hope DL survives this recent mess. Will likely be swept under the rug, Penn St style, but isn't that what happens at the big programs?

• Haha
Raiders force back to back fumbles, recover the 2nd

QND throws INT next play, receiver slipped on his break. Real grass probs

Tied at 7
7:03 2Q

QND holds on 4th down. Turnover on downs

3:47 to play til half

QND needs to run the football. They heard. Mueller pops for big yards right away. 1st down Raiders. PF followed. +15. 3:35 2Q unsportsmanlike Jax

Mueller in shotgun from Jax 36

Final Scores
Rochester 46 MacArthur 0. 2 rushing TD's by Kaiden Stout and 2 receiving TD's by Mason Jacobs.

Chatham 57 Lincoln 0. Big rebound by the Titans from last week's rough loss.

U High 40 Eisenhower 12. A no doubt win by the Pioneers but not a running clock. Perhaps a bit of a letdown after their statement win over Chatham last week. Not sure if Eisenhower's QB who was hurt last week against Rochester played but heard that he was doing better.

SHG 35 Springfield 7. An impressive win by the Cyclones and a disappointing loss for the Senators. Was able to catch most of the 4th quarter on the way home from Decatur and SHG pulled away after leading 14-7 at half.

QND 35 Jacksonville 21. Appreciate the updates by @RoaminCatholic. The Raiders put the best game of the night away late and should now finish 8-1. Two tough losses in a row for the Crimsons, but they still have a good chance at 5 wins.

Last edited:
All.... The week seven videos. Ratsy

Reactions: rocketnation
Well we know Rochester isn't perfect. Hope DL survives this recent mess. Will likely be swept under the rug, Penn St style, but isn't that what happens at the big programs?
Your comment screams of an inferiority complex. that’s a long fall from your previous comments bragging about a Quincy Notre Dame team in the early 2000s which was injuring rocket players on purpose and enjoying the act.

I do find it interesting how you approach this Fanny Willis style. Needless to say, you’re going to exit it in the same manner.

Reactions: k1867
Your comment screams of an inferiority complex. that’s a long fall from your previous comments bragging about a Quincy Notre Dame team in the early 2000s which was injuring rocket players on purpose and enjoying the act.

I do find it interesting how you approach this Fanny Willis style. Needless to say, you’re going to exit it in the same manner.
My, my, we've finally found the nerve center. Already in defense mode, and it hasn't even been leaked to the media, yet. Cigarette guy should probably take this time to look inward. He won't, bc stubbornness is a true sign of ignorance.

Not a shocker, this loser is going to defend DL, who it appears deserves to go down for this one. Even less shocking is that it happened where it has. Ignorance and evil spawn much of the same. Raising a bunch of Chad's who expect Daddys wallet to bail em at every turn. I'll take my blue collar town any day.

The problem with your little comparison, one was legal, in a contact sport.. the other is a criminal offense.

Lawyer up, losers.

• Haha
My, my, we've finally found the nerve center. Already in defense mode, and it hasn't even been leaked to the media, yet. Cigarette guy should probably take this time to look inward. He won't, bc stubbornness is a true sign of ignorance.

Not a shocker, this loser is going to defend DL, who it appears deserves to go down for this one. Even less shocking is that it happened where it has. Ignorance and evil spawn much of the same. Raising a bunch of Chad's who expect Daddys wallet to bail em at every turn. I'll take my blue collar town any day.

The problem with your little comparison, one was legal, in a contact sport.. the other is a criminal offense.

Lawyer up, losers.
Settle down Section 8

Week 8 Matchups (1st week of cross division contests)
Eisenhower (0-7) at Lanphier (0-7)
Southeast (1-6) at U High (5-2)
MacArthur (2-5) at Jacksonville (4-3)
Lincoln (4-3) at QND (6-1)
Chatham (5-2) at SHG (5-2)
Rochester (5-2) at Springfield (5-2) Saturday 2 pm

After two difficult losses in a row, the Crimsons are well positioned to get their 5th win. Mac is starting a Freshman at QB and really missing Myson Johnson Cook.

Three weeks ago, I'd have favored Chatham by multiple scores over SHG. I'm much less certain now. For SHG, can they get pressure on Knoedler? Rochester couldn't and he picked the Rockets apart, even with one of his top WR's injured. U High had more success pressuring Knoedler. For Chatham, how well can they stop the Cyclone running game which was impressive against Springfield last week?

I'm not a fan of Saturday games during the regular season. This will be Rochester's second after the trek to Gately Stadium Week 1. A consolation is that it will allow me to see the Chatham/SHG game in person Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT