ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 5

Decatur MacArthur's D line owns Glenwoods O line. Glenwoods RPO O Line having trouble pushing in from the 1 yr line lol. It took all 11 Titans to push their runner into the endzone... Barely! Glenwood 20-6 3Q

Last edited:
Rochester 38, U-High 30. Very disappointing finish for the Pioneers. Had a TD called back for holding, and then converted on the following 4th down inside the 10 of Rochester, then immediately fumbled it away.

Reactions: cigaros
Glenwood and Mac game was closer than I thought it would be. I wonder if combination of wind hampering Glenwood passing game and a bit of a letdown after beating Rochester accounted for close score until the 3rd Q.

Finals
Jacksonville 40 Southeast 0.
SHG 63 Lanphier 6.
Chatham 34 MacArthur 6. Mac almost always shows much better at home then away. Guess who makes the trip over to the Generals in Week 7?

Lincoln 55 Eisenhower 24. Looks like Ike scored either 3 or 4 TD's depending on their conversions. A small positive note for the Panthers.

QND 14 Springfield 9. A rare defensive battle in the CS8 looks like in went down to the final play. QND now has a legitimate chance to go 8-1. Next week's Jacksonville vs Springfield contest is really important for both teams.

Rochester 38 U High 30. This definitely went down to the game's final play. My "watch the first two series" advice looked good for exactly the first two series, as Rochester got a 3 and out to start the game and then scored in two plays. After that, the contest turned into an offensive back and forth. U High's QB consistently played at a high level, and he has a good mix of Receivers. As the game went on, Rochester got less and less pressure on him, and he had some very good moments. Rochester was hurt early on offense by busted plays, several holding calls, and another mishandled snap. Unlike the '23 team which wasn't fazed by down and distance, this one does not operate well from 3rd and 30. In the 2nd half, the offense performed better. QB Tanner Beal ran for three scores and threw for one. Beal also played DB the entire game out of necessity as 3 Rocket starting defenders did not dress.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlabamaTimberwolf
Glenwood and Mac game was closer than I thought it would be. I wonder if combination of wind hampering Glenwood passing game and a bit of a letdown after beating Rochester accounted for close score until the 3rd Q.
The Mac A's D line was dominating for most of the game. Glenwood had numerous balls dropped but they couldn't run against that General defense. Bad punting gave Glenwood lots of op's to score but that D of Decatur kept stepping up!

Reactions: rocketnation
Your skyline is literally a silo with a plethora of dilapidated structures in it's shadow. The pearl is scared of the city... go figure.
Your skyline is a series of blue tarps on roofs due to landlords not repairing their Section 8 investments. It's pretty much Maine St. and then fend for yourselves on the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT