ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

I think Morrissey and Telander are OK with it. But, in reading their columns, Telander wonders why Fields went down to number 11 and also wonders how much longer he would have been on the board if the Bears didn't pick him at number 11. Morrissey simply doesn't trust the Bears to make Fields into a very good NFL QB.

I said before, I would have preferred Jones instead. But I am OK with the pick. I think once they moved up, they had to draft a QB. I think Foles and Dalton will be gone next year anyway. Maybe one of them goes this year. Might as well get what they can out of them and have both of them help Fields.
I can certainly relate to Morrissey's concern.

I am sure most of you know this by now. But I was looking at the Bears schedule. I noticed they are alternating home and away games each week for the entire season. I had to check a few times to see if it was right and it was. So, I wondered if this had ever happened before with their schedule. I couldn't remember a time when it had.

Then I picked up my Tribune and read an article that confirmed the alternating schedule. The article went on to say this had never happened in franchise history. Didn't finish the article but I later wondered if this is going on with any other team in the league. Maybe that 17th game had something to do with it. Interesting.

Reactions: USD24
I am sure most of you know this by now. But I was looking at the Bears schedule. I noticed they are alternating home and away games each week for the entire season. I had to check a few times to see if it was right and it was. So, I wondered if this had ever happened before with their schedule. I couldn't remember a time when it had.

Then I picked up my Tribune and read an article that confirmed the alternating schedule. The article went on to say this had never happened in franchise history. Didn't finish the article but I later wondered if this is going on with any other team in the league. Maybe that 17th game had something to do with it. Interesting.

I read somewhere that this is the fourth time this has ever happened. Seems kind of odd and apparently, it is.

Here is an interesting story. I am an acquaintance of one of the Bears docs. Just an acquaintance and nothing more. Yesterday I had a medical procedure done. The anesthesiologist and I struck up a conversation shortly before the procedure. Turns out he is also one of the staff docs for the Bears as well. The doc I know was instrumental in getting the job for the guy I saw yesterday.

Anyway, the guy I talked to, said everyone associated with the Bears thinks Fields has a chance to be outstanding. Everyone is very upbeat over Fields. He said a lot of what's been said here and in the media. He thinks, and so do a lot of others, that Fields can get it done. He described how well Fields throws, but was blown away by his speed and size.

He has been with the Bears for 10 years and said, before Fields, Cutler had the best arm he saw by a wide margin. But Cutler didn't communicate very well, among other things. He held back on ripping the guy and showed a lot of class. But, he also said Cutler was the toughest QB he has seen in a Bears uniform so far. He is a pretty young doc, so I suspect he'll see more QBs during his time with the Bears.

Finally, and most interestingly, based on some things he has heard and his own opinion, he thinks Fields gets his first start in week 4 against the Lions at Soldier Field, regardless. I know he is just a doc and doesn't make any football decisions. But those guys do hear things. Guess we'll find out of he's right.

A few minutes he gave me the cocktail and I was under. LOL!!

Here is an interesting story. I am an acquaintance of one of the Bears docs. Just an acquaintance and nothing more. Yesterday I had a medical procedure done. The anesthesiologist and I struck up a conversation shortly before the procedure. Turns out he is also one of the staff docs for the Bears as well. The doc I know was instrumental in getting the job for the guy I saw yesterday.

Anyway, the guy I talked to, said everyone associated with the Bears thinks Fields has a chance to be outstanding. Everyone is very upbeat over Fields. He said a lot of what's been said here and in the media. He thinks, and so do a lot of others, that Fields can get it done. He described how well Fields throws, but was blown away by his speed and size.

He has been with the Bears for 10 years and said, before Fields, Cutler had the best arm he saw by a wide margin. But Cutler didn't communicate very well, among other things. He held back on ripping the guy and showed a lot of class. But, he also said Cutler was the toughest QB he has seen in a Bears uniform so far. He is a pretty young doc, so I suspect he'll see more QBs during his time with the Bears.

Finally, and most interestingly, based on some things he has heard and his own opinion, he thinks Fields gets his first start in week 4 against the Lions at Soldier Field, regardless. I know he is just a doc and doesn't make any football decisions. But those guys do hear things. Guess we'll find out of he's right.

I always felt Cutler got far too much hate. I never saw a QB as under pressure as he was. He kept getting up. He kept throwing.

I always felt Cutler got far too much hate. I never saw a QB as under pressure as he was. He kept getting up. He kept throwing.
You are right on. The doc said he couldn't believe how tough Cutler was. He'd take a hit from a 300 lb. guy and somehow got up and went back to the huddle.

You are right on. The doc said he couldn't believe how tough Cutler was. He'd take a hit from a 300 lb. guy and somehow got up and went back to the huddle.

Lol
I saw him get injured in one of his very few playoff games. He basically took himself out of the game. It was terrible and know one even knew he was hurt. I can’t even remember what his injury was but a lot of QBs wouldn’t of left a playoff game. IMO he was a puss, but hey I didn’t like him or his attitude.

Who had a stronger arm, Cutler or Bobby Douglas?
Good question. Bobby Douglass had one hell of an arm but, In my opinion, was the worst QB the Bears had in my lifetime for a guy who got to play 91 games. He had only one year with a completion percentage over 50% and it was 51.6%. He was awful. Good athlete, but no skillset to be an effective QB.

I remember when the Sox signed him to a minor league contract to pitch. He could strikeout 8 or 9 guys a game. But he would also walk 10 or 11. Not good.

Reactions: Wassup13

Did having the same medical staff under Cutler give the Bears more confidence toward picking another QB with an adolescent-onset medical condition? There seemed to be no "close calls" of a medical nature with Jay.

Lol
I saw him get injured in one of his very few playoff games. He basically took himself out of the game. It was terrible and know one even knew he was hurt. I can’t even remember what his injury was but a lot of QBs wouldn’t of left a playoff game. IMO he was a puss, but hey I didn’t like him or his attitude.

I have to push back here, my friend. You can criticize Cutler's attitude and I would be onboard with that. You can criticize his relationship with some players. But, virtually every player who ever lined up with him never questioned his toughness.

Perhaps this article will re-fresh your memory. Cutler took a LOT of punishment when he played on the Bears. I remember a game against the Giants when he was sacked 6 or 8 times before he finally left the game. I think he missed the next couple games in concussion protocol.

Just because you personally didn't and still don't like Cutler, it has nothing to do with the guys' on field toughness.

I have to push back here, my friend. You can criticize Cutler's attitude and I would be onboard with that. You can criticize his relationship with some players. But, virtually every player who ever lined up with him never questioned his toughness.

Perhaps this article will re-fresh your memory. Cutler took a LOT of punishment when he played on the Bears. I remember a game against the Giants when he was sacked 6 or 8 times before he finally left the game. I think he missed the next couple games in concussion protocol.

Just because you personally didn't and still don't like Cutler, it has nothing to do with the guys' on field toughness.

I will give you that, I just didn’t like the way he took himself out of that playoff game. If I can find the video I will post it so you can watch or maybe you remember that game and how it went down. Embarrassing if your a Bears fan.

I will give you that, I just didn’t like the way he took himself out of that playoff game. If I can find the video I will post it so you can watch or maybe you remember that game and how it went down. Embarrassing if your a Bears fan.

I will never forget that one. A disgrace.

Reactions: corey90
I will never forget that one. A disgrace.
Did you or Corey even read the article? Probably not or you'd have a different response. Read the article. I didn't write it. Cutler didn't just "take himself out of the game" or refuse to play. But if you refuse to read it, here is point 2 regarding his injury.

"2. Cutler absolutely sustained a legitimate knee injury. It was widely known by players that Cutler had a Grade-2 MCL sprain. Those typically take a couple of weeks to heal. It's highly probable that Cutler would have missed the Super Bowl in Dallas if Chicago came back to beat the Packers. And keep in mind Cutler has proved throughout his career he's pretty darn tough when playing through injuries. The knee injury was real."

I have very little patience with guys who let their personal feelings about any player cloud their better judgement as to all of his qualities. We have too many people who, if they don't like someone personally, don't like anything about him or have anything good to say regardless of what it is. There are things you and Corey can criticize Cutler, as a player, about and you have made those well known. So have I.

But when it comes to questioning the guy's toughness you have no right to do it, especially if you are sitting on your couch eating Doritos or whatever while watching the game. I trust the players, coaches and doctors when it comes to Cutler's toughness. Not a bunch of guys, including the media, who never played or coached at that level. Hell, I have a real problem questioning anyone's toughness while playing NFL football. The most brutal team sport on the planet.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Did you or Corey even read the article? Probably not or you'd have a different response. Read the article. I didn't write it. Cutler didn't just "take himself out of the game" or refuse to play. But if you refuse to read it, here is point 2 regarding his injury.

"2. Cutler absolutely sustained a legitimate knee injury. It was widely known by players that Cutler had a Grade-2 MCL sprain. Those typically take a couple of weeks to heal. It's highly probable that Cutler would have missed the Super Bowl in Dallas if Chicago came back to beat the Packers. And keep in mind Cutler has proved throughout his career he's pretty darn tough when playing through injuries. The knee injury was real."

I have very little patience with guys who let their personal feelings about any player cloud their better judgement as to all of his qualities. We have too many people who, if they don't like someone personally, don't like anything about him or have anything good to say regardless of what it is. There are things you and Corey can criticize Cutler, as a player, about and you have made those well known. So have I.

But when it comes to questioning the guy's toughness you have no right to do it, especially if you are sitting on your couch eating Doritos or whatever while watching the game. I trust the players, coaches and doctors when it comes to Cutler's toughness. Not a bunch of guys, including the media, who never played or coached at that level. Hell, I have a real problem questioning anyone's toughness while playing NFL football. The most brutal team sport on the planet.
Wasn't it some former player's tweet that started this whole narative that day? Olin and Urlacher are both on record saying they can't believe he actually played for as long as he did after the injury. And lets remember that both those guys didn't like Jay. It's sad people don't actually remember what happened.

Wasn't it some former player's tweet that started this whole narative that day? Olin and Urlacher are both on record saying they can't believe he actually played for as long as he did after the injury. And lets remember that both those guys didn't like Jay. It's sad people don't actually remember what happened.
God post. But,they know and remember. They just choose not to because they personally don't like the guy. Childish. BTW, I read a bunch of reports from back then that said Olin Kreutz was no on to fool with.

Reactions: SiuCubFan8
I checked it out…and regretted that.

If you didn’t like the article your going to love the video. If your a true Bears fan it will most likely want to make you puke. Watch him walk off the field. Yeah any QB worth a S#it would not of come out of the game. I have another where he takes himself out of the game after he throws an interception complaining of a thumb injury.
enjoy.

If you didn’t like the article your going to love the video. If your a true Bears fan it will most likely want to make you puke. Watch him walk off the field. Yeah any QB worth a S#it would not of come out of the game. I have another where he takes himself out of the game after he throws an interception complaining of a thumb injury.
enjoy.

🙄

Bears should have drafted Trubisky!
I had a feeling you'd have something to say about the action on Saturday. I didn't see any of the snaps Trubisky took. But I sure as hell read about it, yesterday and today.

It was an exhibition game so, whatever. I don't know how many guys who played against Trubisky will be starters for the Bears defense. The D is pretty banged up. I read the Bills didn't start three of their top receivers. So, there's that.

I did see a little of Fields. I personally do not think he is ready to be a starter in the NFL yet. But, I read the offense with Dalton was pathetic. Different starting QB, same results I guess.

For the Bears / Rams game tonight are you taking the over or under on Andy Dalton throwing 1.5 interceptions tonight?

Last edited:
Who is your surprise team?

I am still riding South Elgin to have their best year ever.

Which NFL QB will be the biggest surprise this year?

I'm going with a wild card, Saints Jameis Winston.

-------

Reminder I picked Jameis Winston as the biggest surprise QB of the year on another thread back in mid July

I get wanting to go for it on 4th down but ur punter is your MVP, pin the Ram by their goal line.

On going for it #2, can't your damn kicker attempt a 53 yarder? This Nagy is horrible.

Agree guys. Nagy sucks. Put the kid in already. Dalton is a rent a QB at best. He is not the future or a current QB. He is hot garbage that Cincy was happy to unload. Bears management sucks!

I thought Dalton managed the offense okay. Moved the ball to plus territory just about every drive. He threw the pick, but it was a pretty good play by the LB and not a brutal throw. A few of those other drives should have ended in points, but Nagy elected to go for it on 4th down due to being down multiple possessions.
The defense looked pretty terrible. Blown coverages, poor tackling, and poor effort.
Edit: forgot to mention that Bears QBs had 3 seconds max to make decisions due to the circumstances. THAT’s gonna be a problem going forward

Last edited:
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Just another day in the neighborhood with the same dull offense and the same results. But now, the defense wasn't very good and hasn't been. I have to think Stafford loved being on the Rams and handing it to the Bears.

As for Dalton. I thought he played well enough. Better than what they had and I don't fault him on the pick because the ball was tipped. I have said before and I'll say again, Fields is not ready to play every snap at that level. But how does he get ready? By doing exactly what the Bears are doing with him. Bring him in slowly. I do credit Nagy for that. But nothing else.

I doubt I'll watch the Bengals come here and beat them this Sunday. Especially if the weather is nice and I can get some things done outside. Might catch a little of the Titans, Seahawks game at 3:25 if it's on here or via RedZone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT