ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

The actual problem with this organization ultimately comes back to the owners. It's frustrating to me that most people don't even mention ownership when it comes to the Bears' failures over the decades. And it's especially frustrating that the media very rarely mentions ownership when criticizing the team. They are the ones who have a bigger audience. Oh sure, we'll get the obligatory article that sort of criticizes the owners. Or it may get mentions slightly on the radio before moving to another person to blame. The media needs to hammer this and they fail to.

It's embarrassing that this team has so many fans and the owners put such a poor product on the field year after year. You really can't count the 1985 Bears or teams of the 1980s as teams that the McCaskeys put together. Ever since that all ended, the Bears have been pretty much irrelevant in the league. Yeah they had some pretty good teams. But since the 1980s I haven't looked at one Bears team throughout the season and thought they could win a championship. That's on the owners.

This is gospel.

I can live with that. And the Bears haven’t won one in 36 years. I expect more for a city 30 times bigger.
How does the size of the city have any impact on NFL rules? They are the same for ever team. When was the last time the Jets won a super bowl? The Texans? Every other city that a bigger than Green Bay. City size has very little impact on the NFL.

I am not sure what reason for posting in the bears thread was. Your feelings got hurt because people on Facebook were making fun of the packers after they lost to the Saints?

How does the size of the city have any impact on NFL rules? They are the same for ever team. When was the last time the Jets won a super bowl? The Texans? Every other city that a bigger than Green Bay. City size has very little impact on the NFL.

I am not sure what reason for posting in the bears thread was. Your feelings got hurt because people on Facebook were making fun of the packers after they lost to the Saints?
Feelings not hurt. Just ranting that’s all.

THIS ^^^

This kid does have a chance to be a good (maybe great) QB if they don't get him killed first. If the 2 things above don't happen, let Andy Dalton get sacked 50 times a game, let them go 1 - 16 so they have a chance at picking another OL with a back injury that has no chance of helping us again.

Nothing will change until an apocalyptic event somehow takes the entire McCaskey family out of pro football forever.
The bears being bad doesn’t really bother me w playing Fields. Manning and Aiken were

Aikman was 0-11 and threw twice as many ints as TDs.

Manning threw 28ints as a rookie and went 3-13.

Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, etc all struggled as rookies.

Every rookie QB going now is struggling.

But they learn the speed of the game, the offense, NFL defenses, the offensive terminology, etc that you only get from playing.

Fields got no reps w the ones during camp. No reps w the ones in preseason games. First two weeks he ran the scout team and ran the game plan plays on air after practice. He isn’t getting better by doing this.

This team blows. Let’s Fields play so he’ll be better week 17 than he is now.

Also, it’s all pointless bc Nagy is toast at years end and he will have to learn a new offense again

The bears being bad doesn’t really bother me w playing Fields. Manning and Aiken were

But they learn the speed of the game, the offense, NFL defenses, the offensive terminology, etc that you only get from playing.

Fields got no reps w the ones during camp. No reps w the ones in preseason games. First two weeks he ran the scout team and ran the game plan plays on air after practice. He isn’t getting better by doing this.

Also, it’s all pointless bc Nagy is toast at years end and he will have to learn a new offense again

Good points but they OL is crap. You don't want Fields to get a serious injury either because he has no blocking.

Reactions: markmacaluso

Aikman was sacked 19 times in 11 games
Manning was sacked 22 times in 16 games
Fields was sacked 9 times in 1 game

That’s not an acceptable environment in which to learn and grow. When you add the fact that Matt freaking Nagy is calling the plays, it’s a recipe for disaster. I’d take Jimmy Johnson or even Jim Mora over this clown.

Some of the sacks were Fields fault. He needs to play and learn.

Later in the year the OL will get dudes back and be better. Hopefully we can get fully healthy later in the year and fields will be better.

Why let Dalton play at all? It should be a completely different offense for him opposed to Fields. Not doing this team any favors by playing him.

Some of the sacks were Fields fault. He needs to play and learn.

Later in the year the OL will get dudes back and be better. Hopefully we can get fully healthy later in the year and fields will be better.

Why let Dalton play at all? It should be a completely different offense for him opposed to Fields. Not doing this team any favors by playing him.
From Yahoo Sports today:

"The Bears had 47 yards as a team and averaged 1.1 yards per play. You can watch the NFL a long time and not see a team average 1.1 yards per play again. Myles Garrett said after the game that the Browns were shocked that Matt Nagy's game plan did nothing to play to Justin Fields' strengths, and that figuring out Nagy's offensive plan "came to us easily after the second possession." For a coach who is already on the hot seat, those comments are damning."

Look I don't disagree that the best way to learn is to play. The part where we diverge is that I think between coaching incompetence and a porous offensive line that I don't see changing all year, Fields is at risk of being injured physically and mentally.

Reactions: colin2229
What ever happened to the draw play to offset a great rushing line?

Ditka used it all the time.

Andy Reid did say Nagy was his most ready assistant to become a HC he’s ever had when the Bears hired him. Just saying….

Andy Reid did say Nagy was his most ready assistant to become a HC he’s ever had when the Bears hired him. Just saying….
I am not an Andy Reid fan. I think he was definitely overrated. I don’t put a lot stock in what he says. What was he going to say about him? That he is average? Lol

Reactions: Bowie50
I am not an Andy Reid fan. I think he was definitely overrated. I don’t put a lot stock in what he says. What was he going to say about him? That he is average? Lol
He has a great track record of producing HC’s. Think that speaks for itself.

No reason to say he’s the best HC prospect he’s ever had if he didn’t mean it.

Just find it interesting that he said it.

Reactions: Gene K.
Or he hyped him up with the goal of some other organization taking him off the Chiefs' hands?
As funny as this could be, I seriously doubt Reid would have said it with this intent. That's a lot of reputation equity to spend when you could just fire someone. The NFL coaching community is too small to play those kinds of games.

On the other hand, I wish someone would spend that type of equity on me getting a multi-million dollar a year job for which I am unqualified.

Reactions: Bowie50
As funny as this could be, I seriously doubt Reid would have said it with this intent. That's a lot of reputation equity to spend when you could just fire someone. The NFL coaching community is too small to play those kinds of games.

On the other hand, I wish someone would spend that type of equity on me getting a multi-million dollar a year job for which I am unqualified.
Run for Congress!

I don't know RD_watcher but sight unseen he would be better than what we have now! LOL
I promise to do my best, and I appreciate the support.

It's hard to tell if you are talking about being the HC of the Bears, or running for Congress. Either way, my statement stands.

Both the HC and congress. Hell, you could be the HC and moonlight as the President, or a Senator at the very least! LOL
This sparks an interesting question - How much Football (Xs and Os) smarts does an NFL HC actually need? I see them as more of a CEO. In my mind, the OC and DC and their assistants are where the real football knowledge needs to reside. Just like being an executive in a large company, or being the POTUS (as GWB famously stated), surround yourself with smart capable people, and let them do the job you hired them for.

Reactions: Gene K. and UlbKA91
This sparks an interesting question - How much Football (Xs and Os) smarts does an NFL HC actually need? I see them as more of a CEO. In my mind, the OC and DC and their assistants are where the real football knowledge needs to reside. Just like being an executive in a large company, or being the POTUS (as GWB famously stated), surround yourself with smart capable people, and let them do the job you hired them for.
yeah, but Nagy is calling the plays.

Lions have driven the length of the field on every drive thus far. A little nervous….

The Bears defense is starting to look stink-o!
the offense has been doing their job the D has had rest and should be fresh. Who is our defensive coordinator? Come on

Completely disagree here. I'd argue he's better than most and gives great insight. I'd take him over Collinsworth every day
CC is the Tim McCarver of football broadcasting. And what's with the "juniors" on the NBC SNL cast? Though no one could be worse than Chip Caray, Austin Collinsworth is out of his depth and Chris Simms is better suited to the Today Show.

I talk about HS football teams in regards to playing disciplined football.
The Bears defense is so undisciplined. It’s hard to watch with so many bonehead penalties. How many times did they line offsides? Damn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT