ADVERTISEMENT

Bears

The problem you have is guys drafting for their jobs and if it doesn’t turn out they move on while the fans are stuck with another 10 years of crap. Successful organizations stock pile draft picks since you have hits and misses but are more likely to hit with more picks but Pace keeps giving up picks trying to make a splash.
I still say the biggest problem is ownership. This has been discussed many times. The McCaskeys had to hire a consultant, Ernie Accorsi, to advise them to hire Pace. If you don't have the ability to hire your own executives as an ownership group, that's a problem. Also, the fact that Pace is still employed to draft a second "franchise" QB after the Trubisky debacle is further indictment of the McCaskey/Phillps "braintrust". Pace seems like an earnest, sincere guy. He also seems like someone who is in over his head. A decent ownership group would have recognized this years ago, let alone not hired him in the first place.

I don't doubt that he will play at some point in 2021 because rare is the NFL QB who starts and finishes every single game.

If Fields starts ahead of a healthy Dalton, at any point of the season, then that's a pretty costly backup QB that the Bears just signed. If they really think that Fields will work his way into the starting role in his rookie season, then why sign Dalton to a one year $10MM deal and pay dearly in draft choices for a QB who just turned 22 and has never taken a snap in the league ? If that's the case, then they should have kept Trubisky and saved themselves $7.5MM (the difference between Dalton's and Trubisky's 2021 salaries).

I gotta believe they try and release/trade Foles and his salary if they can.
I think they gave Glennon 3yr 24 million.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that we for sure need to get rid of Foles ASAP. With Dalton there, there isn't even the excuse of needing a mentor there and he is being paid far too much

Reactions: Gene K.
One thing I think we can all agree on is that we for sure need to get rid of Foles ASAP. With Dalton there, there isn't even the excuse of needing a mentor there and he is being paid far too much
Easier said than done, I'm afraid. Teams would have to be pretty desperate to want the Bears' third string QB. Bears may wind up eating his salary just to open up a roster slot.

Reactions: Formicidae13
Even I knew nobody could fix Cam.

Though I think Billichik could fix Trubisky.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkhawk
No more 1st round picks until 2023.

Does Pace ever trade down?

Who went #20 in the first round? Watch out knowing the Bears this guy will be a NFL stud.

Still waiting for our tackle for how many years now?

No more 1st round picks until 2023.

Does Pace ever trade down?

Who went #20 in the first round? Watch out knowing the Bears this guy will be a NFL stud.

Still waiting for our tackle for how many years now?
IdK, some of those wideout post- selection interviews and home celebration scenes were cringe inducing. Toney's female relatives put spandex to the test and Jaylen Waddle/Ernest Givens might be a popular search today.

Give their history not sure how anyone could feel comfortable with a Bears first round pick, also whats with having so many years with no first round pick? Who was the biggest bust on the list below, lots of good options.

1990 Mark Carrier
1991 Stan Thomas
1992 Alonzon Spellman
1993 Curtis Conway
1994 John Thierry
1995 Rashan Salaam
1996 Walt Harris
1997 No Pick
1998 Curtis Enis
1999 Cade McNown
2000 Brian Urlacher
2001 David Terrell
2002 Marc Colombo
2003 Michael Haynes and Rex Grossman
2004 Tommie Harris
2005 Cedric Benson
2006 No Pick
2007 Greg Olsen
2008 Chris Williams
2009 No Pick
2010 No Pick

2011 Gabe Carimi
2012 Shea McClellin
2013 Kyle Long
2014 Kyle Fuller
2015 Kevin White
2016 Leonard Floyd
2017 Mitch Trubisky
2018 Roquan Smith
2019 No Pick
2020 No Pick

2021 Justin Fields
2022 No Pick
Fields has a great set of wheels and he's going to need them. Until they rebuild the OL line he better stay mobile. Remember this is the team that took Stan Thomas, marc Colombo, and Chris Williams to name a few.

Fields has a great set of wheels and he's going to need them. Until they rebuild the OL line he better stay mobile. Remember this is the team that took Stan Thomas, marc Colombo, and Chris Williams to name a few.
Outland Trophy Winner Gabe Carimi or how ever you spell it. Only team to draft a bad Wisconsin linemen. Next Joe Thomas he was not

I don’t disagree but thats no excuse for not taking him. The Bears suck and now we’re making excuses for why we shouldn’t pick a player. You say he is a perfect fit for the Patriots and if I were Mac Jones I would be very happy. Like they said he played for the best college football coach of all time and now he will play for the best NFL coach of all time. He will make New England relevant again. Jones was the smartest player in the draft and he has a chip on his shoulder for being underestimated. This guy is going to do great. On the other hand we got Fields who actually looked shocked and disappointed. Heck he couldn’t even say the Bears name when asked how he felt being drafted by the Bears. This is another blunder by the Bears management.
I hope I am wrong. Damn!
Fields was a much better choice than Jones for the Bears. Most experts had him as the #2 QB after Lawrence. Strong arm, very accurate, nice touch and can get it done with his feet too. Dual threat prospect.

Mac Jones was absolutely not the right fit for for the Bears. Especially with their lack of pass blocking. I wish him well and NE and thank god he's not here.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess both will be average. Neither should have gone round 1. The top 3 were definitely right and I think Vance has the best shot of being a star.
"Neither should have gone round 1. " What? This is a departure from pretty much every scout and expert in the NFL.

Last edited:
Yes, the Bears need a QB, linemen, and other positions. But what they need first and foremost is another Jim Finks, a guy with an impeccable eye for talent, a football guru, a wizard, the guy who built the '85 Bears. Compared to Finks, no one in that organization, from the executive suite down to the basement, has any idea what they're doing.

Last edited:
Fields was a much better choice than Jones for the Bears. Most experts had him as the #2 QB after Lawrence. Strong arm, very accurate, nice touch and can get it done with his feet too. Dual threat prospect.

Mac Jones was absolutely not the right fit for for the Bears. Especially with their lack of pass blocking. I wish him well and NE and thank god he's not here.
Jones will be the better NFL QB. The Patriots will be a better team with him as the leader. The Patriots will be a better team than the Bears. The Bears better pray Fields can stay healthy using his feet. I think his decision with the ball are questionable and feel his will have happy feet. Field’s doesn’t do well in big games. Jones is cool calm and collective. He is very smart and knows when to get rid of the ball. The Patriots did it again got a player flying under the radar or under rated. We will see how it goes but I am not high on Fields. I hope he proves me wrong. I just have a feeling about Jones. He appears Brady like and that is scary in the Belichk system.

Can't disagree with you Corey. Let's see who progresses faster, Fields or Jones.

Something about Jones that is Brady like. He ended up in the perfect place. He is better off with the Patriots. The Bears don’t know how pick or coach a QB. Belichk is a master at developing players. IMO Fields looked shocked!

Reactions: Gene K.
Something about Jones that is Brady like. He ended up in the perfect place. He is better off with the Patriots. The Bears don’t know how pick or coach a QB. Belichk is a master at developing players. IMO Fields looked shocked!

So are you saying Jones is better than Fields OR the Patriots are a strong organization and Billichek knows how to groom QBs, while the Bears organization is built weak, has not groomed a QB in 70 years and Nagy has no clue what he is doing.

I think your confusing the two.

Fields doesn’t do well in big games? Got any proof to back that up?

The bitching seems to have cooled down since the Bears got themselves a stud tackle.

Bitch, bitch and bitch some more. All the football experts in here forgot there was more than one round apparently.

Hilarious thread!

Reactions: Quags57
So are you saying Jones is better than Fields OR the Patriots are a strong organization and Billichek knows how to groom QBs, while the Bears organization is built weak, has not groomed a QB in 70 years and Nagy has no clue what he is doing.

I think your confusing the two.
Jones is better than Fields and the Patriots know how to develop a QB. The Bears don’t have a clue. Jones is happy to be a Patriot and rightly so. Fields looked shocked to be a Bear.

The bitching seems to have cooled down since the Bears got themselves a stud tackle.

Bitch, bitch and bitch some more. All the football experts in here forgot there was more than one round apparently.

Hilarious thread!

They gave up their 3rd and 6th round picks to trade up to get him. Pace is giving away picks left and right which is a losing strategy, it’s not like the Bears don’t have holes every where that they can just choose not to use the picks.

Reactions: Wassup13
He is not mobile enough for today's game but Billichek teaches QB's to get rid of the ball fast so it may work out with the Pats but no other team.

Why? No other team? Are you saying no other teams know how to coach a QB. I am very happy with the Bears 2 & 3rd picks. I am going to root for Fields and hope he will work out for our Bears but I am also going to watch the Patriots to see how Jones progresses. My money says he will learn faster than Fields but Belichk is smart and will wait for the right time to get him on the field. I don’t believe Fields is my franchise QB but I hope I am completely wrong. 😊
Go Bears!

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Thank you GOD! I wanted Jalen Hurts last season with one of the two Second Round picks last Draft and quite disappointed in another year of Trubisky, Foles and Gomer Pyle.

Justin Fields will be outstanding and will learn behind Andy Dalton who I've liked since his TCU days!

Good article doesn’t change my mind. Like I said earlier I hope he proves me wrong because the Bears desperately need a good QB.
So what are you basing your assumption that Jones will learn faster than Fields on?

When was the last time a team drafted a player with 12 fingers and 11 toes?

we won’t know for a few years if this class was as good as all the “draft experts” say it was. But what Pace did was address needs and did so by taking one of the top players at each position. Will all of them be a star, doubtful. But if Fields, Jenkins and Borom become everyday pros for the next 10-12 years, it’ll be hard to argue against what he did.

I still don’t think this team is a contender or even very good, but for the first time in a long time, their is hope based on young talent.
I’m ready for football.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
So what are you basing your assumption that Jones will learn faster than Fields on?

I guess it’s because

He completed his Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Information Sciences in December 2019 and is currently completing his Masters of Sports Hospitality with an expected graduation date of December 2020.

couple that with he ran a pro style offense at Alabama and will be playing for the best coach of all time. I think he will have no problem learning an NFL offense

I guess it’s because

He completed his Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Information Sciences in December 2019 and is currently completing his Masters of Sports Hospitality with an expected graduation date of December 2020.

couple that with he ran a pro style offense at Alabama and will be playing for the best coach of all time. I think he will have no problem learning an NFL offense
I read Fields scored the highest ever on one of aptitude tests. Highest ever out of 6500 tests given

I read Fields scored the highest ever on one of aptitude tests. Highest ever out of 6500 tests given

Yeah that sounds good but I am not sure what his college gpa is or if he even graduated with a degree? Their is also a cloud surrounding him that he never attended classes only did on-courses. Maybe you can find out if he graduated or what his college gpa was. All I could find is he had a 3.9 gpa out of HS. He also transferred to OSU after he couldn’t win the starting job from Jake Fromm at Georgia. Meanwhile Jones has a double bachelor degree and will graduate with a Master’s with a 4.0 gpa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT