ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the new CCL/ESCC Divisions

JCA will have a tough schedule because they might have to keep IC and St Rita. Then play Brother Rice? Their other cross over games better be easy, assuming they win there division games. Lol. Oh boy.

JCA will have a tough schedule because they might have to keep IC and St Rita. Then play Brother Rice? Their other cross over games better be easy, assuming they win there division games. Lol. Oh boy.
If OrangeWhips' divisions and numbers are correct, and they play Rice in a crossover. The other three crossovers would be three of the following:
Provi
Laurence
Carmel
DePaul Prep

Wonder if the two non-cons will remain the same. I'm guessing they would since this year was the first year of an expected two year deal.

If OrangeWhips' divisions and numbers are correct, and they play Rice in a crossover. The other three crossovers would be three of the following:
Provi
Laurence
Carmel
DePaul Prep

Wonder if the two non-cons will remain the same. I'm guessing they would since this year was the first year of an expected two year deal.
The Holy War returns!

JCA Schedule

Week 1 away St. Rita
Week 2 home IC
Week 3 home Fenwick
Week 4 home St. Laurence
Week 5 home Br. Rice
Week 6 away St. Ignatius
Week 7 home Carmel
Week 8 away DePaul Prep
Week 9 away Marmion

From the looks of the schedule Mike O'Brien posted on the Sun-Times website, poor St. Rita had almost all of it's tradition flushed away in this deal. No BR, no MC on next year's schedule. Hopefully one or both could schedule the Stangs in non-conference but I'd assume teams are going to cushion their non-cons due to the strength of the conference and the fact there wont be cross-overs with the lowest division anymore.

Reactions: Ajax217
Happy to see ND will still be playing the St. Pats despite the Shamrocks being a few "tiers" below.

Viking week 3-9

Joliet Catholic
Nazareth
DePaul
Benet
Brother Rice
Providence
De La Salle
Yikes! Those Vikes, no matter how young they are, better get themselves some crazy soft cupcakes for non-cons because I only spy possibly 2 W's.

JCA Schedule

Week 1 away St. Rita
Week 2 home IC
Week 3 home Fenwick
Week 4 home St. Laurence
Week 5 home Br. Rice
Week 6 away St. Ignatius
Week 7 home Carmel
Week 8 away DePaul Prep
Week 9 away Marmion

I see 5 wins in there - Fenwick, Larry, Iggy, Carmel, DePaul, Cadet are all winnable games.

It disappoints me to see schools liken joes, DP, Marian catholic, and Leo still being scheduled against big schools.

Also, does winning your Conference of 4 teams not give you a playoff birth? I can’t recall what that rule is

Reactions: Yard_dog71
If thats right and I'm not doubting you, I am pretty sure the Naz Benet matchup will be pretty thrilling.

Racki probably has some scores to settle with Benet.

I see 5 wins in there - Fenwick, Larry, Iggy, Carmel, DePaul, Cadet are all winnable games.
Thank god for this because if we played the same schedule as this year,we would be 2-7. Wish we had next years schedule this year. JCA would be 7-2.

I love it!!! 5 running clocks this year was not as fun as it seems! Looking forward to next year.

Reactions: Bowie50
I'd say this set up seems to be great for all schools.

Besides a
* a Naz / Montini debate, conferences and cross overs are set up for each school to succeed.
(Both of these schools can hold their own against PC, Rita, and ND & when are these schools not arguing!)
* Rita missing out on Rice and Carmel. Wouldn't surprise me if Badke agrees to play them week 1 or 2 since he appears to want to keep school rivals alive.
Which as a player you love. As a former rice player I 100% want to play carmel, rita, and marist every year.

If Jchill ain't complaining the merger committee I'm sure is relieved:p

Now let the real season begin. I am 100% in support of all CCL and local teams as we battle public schools and teams 3x our size.

Time to join forces as supporters instead of making enemies out of each other MC63:eek:. (I would of loved to egg that old / cranky guys house back in the day!)

Best of luck to all schools this weekend.

Last edited:
I'd say this set up seems to be pretty awesome for all schools.

Besides a
* a Naz / Montini debate, conferences and cross overs are set up for each school to succeed.
(Both of these schools can hold their own against PC, Rita, and ND & when are these schools not arguing!)
* Rita missing out on Rice and Carmel. Wouldn't surprise me if Badke agrees to play them week 1 or 2 since he appears to want to keep school rivals alive.
Which as a player you love. As a former rice player I 100% want to play carmel, rita, and marist every year.

Now let the real season begin. I am 100% in support of all CCL and local teams as we battle public schools and teams 3x our size.

Time to join forces as supporters instead of making enemies out of each other MC63:eek:. (I would of loved to egg that old guy / cranky guys house back in the day!)

I think Rita will be playing JCA and Richards for their non-cons.

I think Rita will be playing JCA and Richards for their non-cons.

Well that definitely sucks for rita kids. Speaking from a CCL guys perspective playing Provi, ND, and Montini respect is their but as we all can agree playing against kids you grew up with is the best and something we hold with us for many years.

MC playing @ Maine South still week 2....we’re making up for this years schedule and then some! I’ll take it!

Well that definitely sucks for rita kids. Speaking from a CCL guys perspective playing Provi, ND, and Montini respect is their but as we all can agree playing against kids you grew up with is the best and something we hold with us for many years.
Having experiencing it this year, it was a lot harder then I thought it would be not facing Rita and Rice

Besides a

Time to join forces as supporters instead of making enemies out of each other MC63:eek:. (I would of loved to egg that old / cranky guys house back in the day!)

No, you "would have" loved to egg my house. All I ask is that you be grammatically correct and have a lousy arm.

It disappoints me to see schools liken joes, DP, Marian catholic, and Leo still being scheduled against big schools.

Also, does winning your Conference of 4 teams not give you a playoff birth? I can’t recall what that rule is
Actually it's the complete opposite
Those smaller schools don't play any of the big dawgs next year in the blue conference.
This is One of the biggest reasons behind the merger. Smaller schools like you mentioned now have a chance.
The problem is the bigger schools suffer like St.Rita missing out on Traditional rivals like Rice and MC.

Besides a

Excuse me Queen, I have said all along any merger would be greatly appreciated by Me and JCA. So quit trying to stir the pot.

Actually it's the complete opposite
Those smaller schools don't play any of the big dawgs next year in the blue conference.
This is One of the biggest reasons behind the merger. Smaller schools like you mentioned now have a chance.
The problem is the bigger schools suffer like St.Rita missing out on Traditional rivals like Rice and MC.

I don't mean to come off snarky. I just see games like Leo against ND, Montini against Joe's, Provi against DP, Naz against Leo, Marian Central against Loyola and so on.

If you have 6 divisions that are based on success, male enrollments, and football participation, you would think that they could figure out a way to schedule that the bottom teams (hate using that term but just go with it for the discussion) wouldn't have to play someone more than 2 divisions above them.

What's the fastest way to grow a program? Winning. The conference should be looking to pull up the bottom teams by having them play games closer to their level.

If this has been answered, please forgive me, but does winning the Division count as winning conference which in return gets a playoff birth? What is the exact rule on that?

I don't mean to come off snarky. I just see games like Leo against ND, Montini against Joe's, Provi against DP, Naz against Leo, Marian Central against Loyola and so on.

If you have 6 divisions that are based on success, male enrollments, and football participation, you would think that they could figure out a way to schedule that the bottom teams (hate using that term but just go with it for the discussion) wouldn't have to play someone more than 2 divisions above them.

What's the fastest way to grow a program? Winning. The conference should be looking to pull up the bottom teams by having them play games closer to their level.

If this has been answered, please forgive me, but does winning the Division count as winning conference which in return gets a playoff birth? What is the exact rule on that?

No automatic berth for conferences with less than 6 teams.

Reactions: DigitalCy

Take care of the bottom like that and the middles get screwed. It’s one or two games with practically zero chance but the goal is to get the capable teams to 5 wins.

Smaller divisions and 2 year re-alignments are the best they can do in a hierarchical system such as conference sports. The capable programs currently at the bottom (bad word but used for sake of discussion) can now legitimately see a path to meaningful games being played by them in October and November.

In the 70s and the 80s, the CCL had 48 - 0 games too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT