ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Request

mchsalumni

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2008
Can we either call it the CCL or the CCL/ESCC/WSCC/SCC/PSL?

Why are we hanging on to a conference that doesn’t exist? Nostalgia? Longing? It’s very weird to me.

Chicago Catholic League

Reactions: eireog
I’m good with CCL. Proud to be part of such a rich tradition.
Can’t blame you. They are a very good conference. I have nothing but respect! The top teams in the CCL are always in the thick of things. The best in the state. It’s what keeps teams like LWE, MS, Warren among other public teams hungry. I hope the IHSA keeps things the way the way it is currently because it wouldn’t be the same if they were to split publics and privates. IMO

Reactions: mchsalumni
Can we either call it the CCL or the CCL/ESCC/WSCC/SCC/PSL?

Why are we hanging on to a conference that doesn’t exist? Nostalgia? Longing? It’s very weird to me.

Chicago Catholic League
What conference that doesn't exist? The ESCC is still an entity. Neither the CCL nor the ESCC exist for football at present. It is a combined CCL/ESCC. No different than the old CMC where both conferences agreed to give up their identities to merge into one.

And with this rendition, it was a positive for both leagues. Both had major issues with competitive balance in the mid 2010's. It was going to be hard to keep the league together or keep less competitive schools from bailing unless this much deeper and more tiered system was created.

Reactions: ignazio
What conference that doesn't exist? The ESCC is still an entity. Neither the CCL nor the ESCC exist for football at present. It is a combined CCL/ESCC. No different than the old CMC where both conferences agreed to give up their identities to merge into one.

And with this rendition, it was a positive for both leagues. Both had major issues with competitive balance in the mid 2010's. It was going to be hard to keep the league together or keep less competitive schools from bailing unless this much deeper and more tiered system was created.
Let’s not forget the WSCC. A number of those schools still in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT