ADVERTISEMENT

Where's the new CCL/ESCC Divisions

These make no sense to me . It's almost like they took 2 top teams and mixed 2 middle of the road teams in each division except the top.

How is ND in a higher division then Naz? I guess we won’t get that Naz/ Montini showdown.
I can see that easily. NND has way more boys and probably more football participation. Combine that with a couple nice seasons the last few years.

There's no way these can be considered Tiers. Benet would be in tier 2 for sure.

This is so poorly conceived, who decided this and is it too late to back out?

Seems to be based on size but also appears biased toward making ESCC middle sized schools happy. Only team getting the short stick seems to be ND and DeLaSalle.

There's no way a formula was used in creating these as it was originally presented. Which CCL school is doing this math calculation .

BR 2019

1 Open (non-con)
2 Open (non-con)
3 Providence (cross)
4 Marist (division)
5 @ Joliet Catholic (cross)
6 @ Loyola (division)
7 St. Laurence (cross)
8 @ Carmel Catholic (cross)
9 @ Mount Carmel (division)

BR 2019

1 Open (non-con)
2 Open (non-con)
3 Providence (cross)
4 Marist (division)
5 @ Joliet Catholic (cross)
6 @ Loyola (division)
7 St. Laurence (cross)
8 @ Carmel Catholic (cross)
9 @ Mount Carmel (division)

They better hope they find a couple of cupcakes. I like that though as a more fair schedule of crossovers

This grouping shows the greater emphasis (I believe 70%) given to conference record in the last two years. Because:
ND - 8A (when multiplied)
Rita - 7A
PC - 6A
Montini - 5A
Naz won 12 conference games last 2 years, more than anyone besides Marist. I’m struggling to understand how they can be in 3rd tier and Montini in 2nd.

I wonder where JCA is slotted. JCA has SR in a non-con and BR in a crossover. JCA and Richards to open the season for SR if current non con scheduling stays same.

Seems to favor Naz, JCA and Fenwick although the crossovers are going to be the telltale sign

Chicago Mount Carmel 2019 Football Schedule:
1 Open
2 at Maine South
3 Montini
4 Loyola Academy
5 @ Marmion
6 @ Marist
7 DLS
8 @ Viator
9 BR

Naz won 12 conference games last 2 years, more than anyone besides Marist. I’m struggling to understand how they can be in 3rd tier and Montini in 2nd.
True. Montini was 6-2 in conference last two years.

True. Montini was 6-2 in conference last two years.

Winning percentage? Not sure how many Naz lost in the last 2 years but I thought only 2 which would give them the advantage. This could be based on the crying that went on when they broke up the CMC regarding favoritism toward CCL schools.

Each division was ranked and then your crossovers are against the same slotted teams. Not every division plays in a cross (ex. Top v Bottom). This is my best guess based on what I have seen:

1 Marist
2 Loyola
3 Mount Carmel
4 Brother Rice

1 Notre Dame
2 St. Rita
3 Montini
4 Providence

1 Nazareth
2 Benet
3 De La Salle
4 St. Laurence

1 Fenwick
2 St. Ignatius
3 Marmion
4 Joliet Catholic

1 St. Patrick
2 Marian Central
3 St. Viator
4 Carmel Catholic

1 Leo
2 Marian Catholic
3 St. Joe's
4 DePaul Prep

Winning percentage? Not sure how many Naz lost in the last 2 years but I thought only 2 which would give them the advantage. This could be based on the crying that went on when they broke up the CMC regarding favoritism toward CCL schools.
Naz was 12-2 in ESCC. Montini lost to 3 CCL schools. No idea how that worked out. Naz is bigger as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT