ADVERTISEMENT

The World Famous CCL-ESCC Predictions 2023 Week 7

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Can't wait for the eventual nasty blowup between McCaravan and Gambletron. Just like when those refs aren't all Swifties and give Snoogum's team all the calls. It'll be glorious. Travel Advisory: BR fans here's your chance to complain about visitor's bleachers, MC bring your bug spray, SR take her Target card away, Heights try Carm's, and Carmel better leave early.

BR @ Naz
BR 35 Naz 14
MC @ F
MC 41 Fenwick 7
SR @ SF
SR 35 San Fran 14
LA @ ICP
LA 42 ICP 7
DLS @ M
Marist 42 DLS 6
Marian, Heights @ SI
SI 42 Heights 14
Leo @ JC
JC 42 Leo 0
DP @ ND
ND 38 DP 7
SV @ MCHS
Montini 34 SV 22
MA @ SL
SL 40 MA 14
SP @ BA
Benet 27 Pats 20
CoM @ PC
PC 28 CoM 14

McCaravan and GTrons break up will be as epic as The Bachelor Season 22.

Naz
F
SF
IC

DLS
Sparta
C (J)
DeP

StV
StL
BA
PC

Carmel better leave early.
Many years ago, I had a plumber who also served as videographer for Carmel High School. He hated his trips to Joliet and Marian Catholic - cost him a lot of $ in lost work time.

Lucky for him, his football playing sons graduated.

These long distance I294 Friday contests are just crazy. When I'd drive down to Gately from mid Lake County, I'd have to get on the tollway before 2:30 or I'd
wind up late in line for a Gately Dog..

Does Marist have any chance at getting in at 4-5 if they win out. All 5 losses come to what should be playoff teams so they have to have a solid amount of playoff points I would think.

Naz +21
Fenwick +34
WSF +21
ICP +35
DLS +36
Marian C +28
JCA -42
Depaul +31
SV +12
STL -26
Benet -7
CoM +14

Reactions: ignazio
Naz - something in the machine is broken, this is apick em
MC
Fran
IC
Marist - being in green finally pays off but maybe too late
Heights
JC - that's a lot of points if they take the air out of the ball
DP
Montini
Marmion
Pats
CoM

Naz +21 vs BR
Fenwick +34 vs MC
WSF +21 vs SR
ICCP +35 vs LA
DLS +36 vs Marist
Heights +28 vs Iggy
JCA -42 vs Leo
DePaul +31 vs ND
Montini -12 vs Viator
StL -26 vs MA
Benet -7 vs Pats
CoM +14 vs Provi

My (Updated) Very Scientific Playoff Outlook (that likely has mistakes or math impossibilities) (Last week’s percentage to this week's this week’s):

-Brother Rice (3-3): Took an expected loss to MC. I still have them beating Naz & Montini to get in, but Naz is starting to play some better ball. So I am going to give a slight knock to BR’s chances. 85% > 80%

-MC (6-0): 100%

-Rita (4-2): Expected loss to Loyola. Should beat one of WSF or StL to get in, but WSF is looking really good. And the Vikes look hungry. So only fair to give a slight knock to the Mustangs as well. 99% > 95%

-LA (6-0): 100%
-Marist (1-5): Tough loss to JCA. I think Marist wins out vs DLS/Pat’s/ND, but likely not room for them at 4-5. Granted, I am not enough of a playoff expert as others. But I am knocking Marist basically out. 50% > 2.5%

-Iggy (3-3): Wolfpack go on the road to Niles and get a crucial win. I think they beat Marian and Viator the next two weeks to get in. 50% > 85%

-JCA (4-2): Hilltoppers go to the Southside of Chicago and knock off a good 8A program in Marist. They’ll beat Leo this week to clinch. 99% > 99.9%

-ND (2-4): Dons needed to beat Iggy. Dons did not beat Iggy. Will need to sweep DePaul, CoM & Marist. I simply do not see that happening for my Dons. 15% > 5%

-ICCP (5-1): 100%

-Naz (2-4): Back-to-back wins over Iggy & Fenwick. Finish off with BR, Marian & WSF. Should beat Marian. Asking them to sweep BR & WSF is a tall ask. If they split BR/WSF, is 4-5 enough to get in? No, really, I’m asking because I don't know how it works. I’ll keep the odds the same as last week. 20% > 20%

-Fenwick (4-2): Drop one to a hungry Naz team. Will drop another one this week vs the Caravan. But will clinch week 8 vs DePaul. 99% > 99%

-WSF (4-2): The Spartans were sitting at 2-2, with a 20% chance to make the playoffs just a couple weeks ago. Since then, they’ve beaten JCA & ICCP. And they still have Leo on the schedule. This is a very good football team. 55% > 99%

-Viator (3-3): Put up a nice fight vs CoM. They’ll need to split with Montini & Iggy and then beat Marmion. Odds take a slight hit as Montini & Iggy both continue to look good. 30% > 25%

-Marmion (2-4): Cadets drop one to the Shamrocks. They won’t sweep StL, JCA & Viator. 5% > 1%

-St. Patrick (2-4): Won’t sweep Benet, Marist, CoM. 1% > 1%

-CoM (5-1): The Corsairs clinch and look to be a real threat. 99% > 100%

-DLS (3-3): Get the expected win vs Leo. The Meteors will need to beat one of Marist and ICCP and then finish with a win vs DePaul. I am going to give them a slight bump with Marist losing their 5th game—might not be as motivated? 5% > 8%

-DePaul (2-4): Rams lose on the road in Chicago Heights. They won’t sweep ND, Fenwick, DLS. 5% > 1%

-Leo (1-5): 0%

-Marian (3-3): Good win vs DePaul. Leo still on the schedule. But they’ll need to find one win vs Iggy/Naz. I still think that's very unlikely. 2% > 3%

-St. Laurence (5-1): Vikes destroy Benet in Lisle. Congrats! Welcome to the show. 85% > 100%

-Benet (3-3): Unmotivated loss at home to St. Laurence. They finish with St. Pat’s, LA & Provi. Could beat the Shamrocks. But don’t see them beating Providence, especially after this past week’s showing. 35% > 8%

-Montini (5-1): 100%

-Providence (4-2): Great win vs Montini! And with CoM & MC the next two weeks, they really needed it. They’ll be big favorites week 9 at home vs Benet. 45% > 90%

I don't think it's possible for Marist to get in at 4-5, as 4-win teams have qualified by winning a 6-team conference title.

Has a team ever won 5 straight to get into the playoffs?

I don't think it's possible for Marist to get in at 4-5, as 4-win teams have qualified by winning a 6-team conference title.

Has a team ever won 5 straight to get into the playoffs?
Buffalo Grove got in last year as a 4-5 team without winning their conference. Naz would get in as a 4-5 team before Marist due to a higher number of playoff points.

Naz +21
MC -34
San Fran +21
ICP +35
DLS +36
Heights +28
JC -42
DP +21
Montini -12
MA +26
Benet -7
CoM +14

Naz +21
MC -34
WSF +21
ICCP +35
DLS +36
Marian +28
JCA -42
DePaul +31
Montini -12
Laurence -26
Carmel Catholic +14

Latest projection has Marist in at 4-5 as the 32 at LWE the 1
I saw that too. He must have Naz losing two more games, because they would have a load of playoff points if they finish 4-5, yet they are not in his latest projection.

BTW Dean, why don't you participate in this thread picking games? Just curious.

I saw that too. He must have Naz losing two more games, because they would have a load of playoff points if they finish 4-5, yet they are not in his latest projection.

I have not. I am in a real cutthroat confidence game pool that takes a lot of my attention. I might dip my toes in here now.

Naz +21
MC -34
WSF +21
ICP +35
Marist -36
Heights +28
JCA -42
Depaul +31
Montini -12
St Laurence -26
St Pats +7
CoM +14

NAZ 35 Rice 31
Naz is going to sneak into the playoffs…somehow someway.

MC 42 F 14
The Caravan keep rolling

SR 34 SF 17
My Franny Spartans hang tight for a half but eventually fall behind against a big, physical and talented St. Rita team. Toughest test of the year for SF.

LA 112 ICP 0
Don’t want to upset any LA posters thinking I’m not giving them the respect they deserve. However, still not sure if -112 is a big enough spread to keep it off the bulletin boards in Wilmette.

Bonus picks:
LA 35 The San Francisco 49ers 21
LA Second String 44 Georgia Bulldogs 28

M 28 @ DLS 7
Random guess I know nothing about these teams.

SI 28 Marian 0
SI defense lead by JS is too much for Marian Catholic

JC 49 Leo 7
Hilltoppers too big and talented

ND 28 DePaul Prep 24
DePaul Prep is better than most think

Montini 28 Viator 24
Broncos stay hot

SL 49 Marm 14
Laurence ground game rolls.

Benet 28 SP 21
I guess Benet?

PC 28 COM 27
Game of the week. 2 very good football teams battle it out.

Here you go, by the dawns early light @ignazio! @RockSoup I read the real novel this week, not the cliff notes! It's a tough week because some teams with easier games may be looking to rest the 1st units as the mid season bumps and bruises tally up, whether by the other team request or not.

Naz +21- Lock of the week.....BR is banged up and on the road playing a team that was once ranked in the top 10 in most polls and has a must win game.....21 is too generous. I honestly think Naz can win, but my money is on BR winning in a one score game.

MC -34- Head coach battle between the two former College teammates at NIU. Dupree us playing out of his mind the past 4 games, I don't see Fenwick stopping him. 34 points may be a bit generous but I'll go with it.

WSF +21- SR is a bit banged up as well. 21 points on the road against a good SF team is a lot. SR wins but maybe by 10-14 range.

ICP +35- Was the plea for LA to rest their starters real? Will they do it? I don't think they will but they may once they are up 28, so I'll take the 35, but I'm not comfortable with it even though IC has enough talent to hang in there.

DLS +36. I swear if it was 35, not 36, I'd take Marist in a 42-7 win but I don't like that extra point. Marist wins comfortably but DLS has enough talent to score twice.

MC of the Heights +28- Iggy playing better than I thought they would this season, but Spartans are playing decent as well and 28 is too much. Spartans can score.

JCA -42- Leo has taken their lumps the past few weeks and it will continue.

Depaul +31- Shoe in of the week, in fact I think DP can win! They really aren't that bad. 31 points vs ND? Thank you!

SV +12- Swimming against the stream slightly, it depends on which SV team shows....the one that beat Marian Catholic handily or the one that lost to DLS and got bested by BR by 50.

St Laurence -26- Vikings and their mediocre schedule are on a roll and it continues.

St Pats +7- I like this as a push.

CoM +14- Lock of the week part 2. I like COM winning outright.

Where are these projections at?
Thanks

Reactions: Southland Fan 2016
Now that McC has turned in his assignment, I'd like to submit mine.

Naz - like a cornered raccoon, they're starting to fight
F - 34 points at home, I'm counting on the Friars to have some intestinal fortitude
San Fran - I see this one closer than expected
ICP - I think the whole rest-the-starters thing is a sandbag ploy gone awry
DLS - not letting McC pick up a point here
Heights - " " "
JC - " " "
DP - algo needs adjusting
Montini - is good
MA - pure guess
BA - really unpredictable
CoM - I see the Corsairs winning this

Reactions: rjjtwest
Now that McC has turned in his assignment, I'd like to submit mine.

Naz - like a cornered raccoon, they're starting to fight
F - 34 points at home, I'm counting on the Friars to have some intestinal fortitude
San Fran - I see this one closer than expected
ICP - I think the whole rest-the-starters thing is a sandbag ploy gone awry
DLS - not letting McC pick up a point here
Heights - " " "
JC - " " "
DP - algo needs adjusting
Montini - is good
MA - pure guess
BA - really unpredictable
CoM - I see the Corsairs winning this
Dirty.

Naz - BR wins but Naz covers the spread. BR needs this one.
Friars - MC easily wins but the Friars cover.
StF - SR should win but again StF covers
ICP - LA shows some Christian mercy.
DLS - Marist’s last home game of the season so they play everyone. DLS covers
SI
JCA - I hope the Hilltoppers show some mercy
DePaul covers
Montini
StL
Benet
PC

Last edited:
Naz +21 (mortal lock)
Friar +34
SF +21
ICP +35
M -36
Marian Catholic +28
JCA - 42
ND +31
Montini -12
Larry -26
Pats +7
Carmel (Mundelein) +14

BR @ Naz
BR 35 Naz 14>>30-31
MC @ F
MC 41 Fenwick 7>>21-9
SR @ SF
SR 35 San Fran 14>>28-31
LA @ ICP
LA 42 ICP 7>>47-0
DLS @ M
Marist 42 DLS 6>>54-28
Marian, Heights @ SI
SI 42 Heights 14>>50-28
Leo @ JC
JC 42 Leo 0>>49-8
DP @ ND
ND 38 DP 7>>7-35
SV @ MCHS
Montini 34 SV 22>>14-21
MA @ SL
SL 40 MA 14>>31-6
SP @ BA
Benet 27 Pats 20 (Saturday)
CoM @ PC
PC 28 CoM 14>>14-25

That's 5 big upsets. And LA, JC and SL very close.

BR @ Naz
BR 35 Naz 14>>30-31
MC @ F
MC 41 Fenwick 7>>21-9
SR @ SF
SR 35 San Fran 14>>28-31
LA @ ICP
LA 42 ICP 7>>47-0
DLS @ M
Marist 42 DLS 6>>54-28
Marian, Heights @ SI
SI 42 Heights 14>>50-28
Leo @ JC
JC 42 Leo 0>>49-8
DP @ ND
ND 38 DP 7>>7-35
SV @ MCHS
Montini 34 SV 22>>14-21
MA @ SL
SL 40 MA 14>>31-6
SP @ BA
Benet 27 Pats 20 (Saturday)
CoM @ PC
PC 28 CoM 14>>14-25
Wow

I’m sitting at a measly 6 this week with a low possibility of a 7
Count again. You’d tie with @pjjp with tops with 9/12 if St. Pats covers the 7. If Benet wins by more than 7, PJ wins with a 10/12.

The crazy one is @DMurph11 who is not a regular with the pick’em so all is forgiven, but he’d have a perfect week but unfortunately predicted the SI v Marian Heights, the JCA v Leo and the Benet v St. Pats scores on the number so I couldn’t pick a spread winner from those score predictions. He’s basically 9-0-3 this week, his St. Francis Spartans won and he may or may not be #11 on the ICCP roster. Overall, not a bad Friday night for Murph😂

Count again. You’d tie with @pjjp with tops with 9/12 if St. Pats covers the 7. If Benet wins by more than 7, PJ wins with a 10/12.

The crazy one is @DMurph11 who is not a regular with the pick’em so all is forgiven, but he’d have a perfect week but unfortunately predicted the SI v Marian Heights, the JCA v Leo and the Benet v St. Pats scores on the number so I couldn’t pick a spread winner from those score predictions. He’s basically 9-0-3 this week, his St. Francis Spartans won and he may or may not be #11 on the ICCP roster. Overall, not a bad Friday night for Murph😂
Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by The Ringer

(I’ll make sure to follow the directions next time)

Week 7 ReCap:

In my basement is a rubbermaid tub of paint tarps and paint rags. Anyway, my daughter gets a cat and the cat quickly made my paint tub her home. Win for me, I can't do any painting when the wife wakes up and decides she doesn't like the color of the hallway...again.

Crazy week for me. I lost my phone on Wednesday and finally found it just now inside that paint tub. I swear I heard that cat giggle when I finally found it. I apologize. Sorry you had to miss my wit and wisdom these past 3 days. Anything exciting happen?

Exciting times in the pick'em streets, Newcomer Murph goes perfect but takes the silver due to his predicted scores hitting the number and pushes himself to a 9-0-3 week. And we got to witness Tony Gwynn hitting a home run.

That's right, Mr. Consistent, an HOFer in his own right, pjjp shares the gold medal with 2022 Poster of the Year, the Pride of Pulaski, 3ow, both with 10 out of 12 correct.

Par was 7.73 so joining in the 2 legends above in gaining on the field are me, ESCC and Murph. Members not losing ground were gobears, McCar (eye roll emoji) and the piggy-backer iggy.

Before I get to scoreboard, when I found my phone in the paint tub, my old copy of To Kill a Mockingbird was also in there opened to the page that moved a young Rock so many decades ago. It was open to the part where Atticus was talking with Jem about the neighbor's, Mrs. DuBose, final battle she faced and paralleling Atticus' battle in an impossible trial in a nasty, rigged environment.

Atticus said, "I wanted you to see what real courage is...It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do." Seems like a nice message to pass down to the youngins. That darn cat.

Without further ado, the week 7 scoreboard:

@pjjp
@3OrangeWhips
@RockSoup
@ESCC fan
@DMurph11
@gobears25
@McCaravan
@ignazio
@chiliconcarne
@stl705
@BoundaryCorner