ADVERTISEMENT

The World Famous CCL-ESCC Predictions 2023 Week 4

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
We tried to tell you about the stranglehold the Baha'is have on the north shore, but you didn't believe us. Now that it's revealed that it is the Saint Rita people and the Mount Carmel people, with all their half-time bar crawling and their football-game attending who cause all the trouble. The entire sport needs to be shut down for our safety. As for me, getting to and from a bar during half is impossible - tip of the cap to you South Side guys. Gambletron looks hungover after last weekend's two hole-in-ones, or maybe just wants to stir things up in LaGrange and Elmhurst.

BR @ LA
LA 40 BR 13
SR @ MC
MC 35 SR 14
M @ SI
Marist 34 SI 14
ND @ JC
JC 35 ND 7
Naz @ ICP
Naz 28 ICP 27
SF @ F
Fenwick 34 St Francis 24
SP @ SV
SV 31 SP 26
CoM @ MA
Carmel 28 Marmion 14
Marian, Heights @ DLS
Heights 32 DLS 31
Leo @ DP
DePaul 35 Leo 20
PC @ SL
PC 34 SL 14
B @ MCHS
Benet 28 Montini 26

Last edited:
BR +27
MC -21
Marist -20
JC -28
ICCP +1
St Francis +10
SV -5
Carmel -14
Heights -1
DePaul -15
SL +20
Montini +2

Reactions: ignazio
LA -27
SR +21
Marist -20
ND +28
ICCP +1
WSF +10
SV -5
Carmel -14
DLS +1
DePaul -15
SL +20
Montini +2

LA -27
SR +21
M -20
ND +28
Naz -1
SF +10
SP +5
CoM -14
DLS +1
DePaul -15
SL +20
Montini +2

Very interesting week for JCA. Who will show up on offense?? The team from week 1-2, of the team from week 3? Same thing for the play caller on the sideline…

BR +27
SR +21
Marist -20
ND +28
ICP +1
St Francis +10
SV -5
Carmel -14
Heights -1
Leo +15
PC -20
Montini +2

Brother Rice +27 vs Loyola
MC -21 vs Rita
Marist -20 vs Ignatius
ND +28 vs JCA
IC +1 vs Naz
Francis +10 vs Fenwick
Shamrocks +5 vs Lions
Carmel -14 vs Marmion
Marian -1 vs DLS
Leo +15 vs DePaul
Providence -20 vs Larry
Montini +2 vs Benet

LA -27
MC -21
Marist -20
JC -28
ICP +1
WSF +10
Viator -5
Carmel -14
De La Salle +1
Leo +15
Providence -20
Montini +2

BR 27

MC -21

Marist -20

JC -28

ICP 1

Fenwick -10

SV -5

Carmel -14

DLS 1

Leo 15

SL 20

Benet -2

BR - Hard to overcome 27 points and Debbie in the same week
SR - might be a tight game
M - depends on which teams show up
JC - intimidation factor
ICP - when was the last time?
F
SV
CoM
DLS
Leo
PC
MCHS - if Gambletron has a flaw, it’s with the ’Wings

Brother Rice
Mount Carmel
Marist
Notre Dame
ICCP
St. Francis
St. Patrick
Carmel Catholic
Marian Catholic
Leo
St. Laurence
Montini

LA -27- I hear BR got bit by the injury bug on defense and its significant to two prominent guys. I'll take LA by 28 at home on a Saturday afternoon. Not confident in this though.

SR +21- See my post on the MC/SR thread

Marist -20-
Like I said, Iggy turned back into a pumpkin

ND +28
- Another tough one, but JCA by 17 IMO

ICCP +1-
Naz is a real mess

St Francis +10-
Lock of the week

SP + 5-
Crap shoot guess

Carmel -14-
Shoe in of the week

MC of the Heights -1-
Which Heights shows up, the one who put 49 on HF or got blown out by Viator?

DePaul -15-
Always root for Leo but hearing they have had some injuries to an already small lineup.

SL +20-
They lose by 14

Montini +2-
They are crawling out of that hole!

BR - BR covers the spread and makes a game of in the first half. But LA firmly wins by 17.

SR - SR also covers the spread after MC goes out to a big lead. SR plays a spirted 2nd half but the game is not in question.

Marist
JCA
NAZ
St Francis - covers the spread
Pat’s
C of M
DLS
Leo - covers the spread.
PC
Montini

Reactions: lookoutforliam
3 straight. Any idea what happened week 1? Missing players? Or just a young team that had an off night?

I wasn't at the game, but believe it was an off night by a young team. Most of the skill positions are juniors and the defense is junior heavy. I've been at the last two games and they look good, but have some challenging games coming up.

That DLS game might come back to haunt them in their playoff chances.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Week 4 Recap:

Great week on the board. Got the whiff of some old time postin' in the depths of the Benet Montini thread. Another game that was played Friday night produced a well-read 2 page thread about some week 4 non-rivalry game between some two teams that you know just sort of play each other sometimes full of dog whistles and passive aggressive jabs interwoven with excellent analysis and finally the Marist Rice thread was resurrected to launch a couple subtle shots and allegations. Feels great to be back in the blue here, if not on the field for now, but fear not sportsfans, there;s a lot of season left for the 248 teams that will vie for 2nd place.

Onto the pick review: congratulations Chili with the Danville avatar (great stadium, great atmosphere, miss opening up there) just laughed at us as intradivisional play began and old arguments became new again. He just ignored all of us (first to submit his picks) and won the week with 9 out of 11 points won. CoM/MA pushed and Chili missed SICP and NND, Great work!

Par was 6.06 so one of my favorites 3ow took the silver while PJJP (Mr. Consistent), Rock, StL705, ESCC fan, McCar and tuccs all gained on the field

Without further ado, the week4 scoreboard:

@chiliconcarne
@3OrangeWhips
@pjjp
@RockSoup
@stl705
@ESCC fan
@McCaravan
@tuccs
@BoundaryCorner
@gobears25
@refref01
@dweise
@80sRambler
@BornNRazed
@ignazio (must have been busy Debbie proofing his estate)
@tomloner

Last edited:
Season Rank

@McCaravan 43
@ESCC fan 41
@pjjp 41
@tuccs 41
@chiliconcarne 41
@3OrangeWhips 40
@refref01 38
@BoundaryCorner 38
@BornNRazed 37
@stl705 37
@ignazio 36
@80sRambler 36
@tomloner 35
@RockSoup 30
@dweise 26
@gobears25 13

Top is tightening...long season left...never let them see you sweat

Week 5 returns us to interdivision games or crossover week, a great week to heal, a great week to get better, a great week to gauge your favorite program vs programs you wouldn't normally schedule, a great week of character builders, a great week to showcase sportsmanship, a great week to shock the world and pull off the upset that you’ll talk to your lifelong friends about 30 years later and it’s another great week to play God's favorite sport. Never ever take it for granted.

Last edited:
I’m starting to think MCCaravan was that guy in the tree at Neuqua.
My theory is that he has the yellow security jacket. Games he needs a better feel for…

Actually would make a great movie. Picture this: Ben Stiller (McCaravan) is talking to Coach Jaws (played by Trent Dilfer) at Joliet Catholic’s practice:

Ben Stiller in his yellow security jacket; Getting reports there’s a fugitive on the loose from Stateville, seen anything, anyone suspicious

Jaws: No. Should we continue practice?

Stiller: sure, sure I’m here, um but tell me something coach

Jaws: yeah go ahead

Stiller: I’m coaching my sons football team and let’s say if you’re up by 14 late in the game and you have a big game next week how important is that 3 TD score to you, A) score as many points as possible because all the kids practice, the season is finite so let them play B) the school we’re playing is in our recruiting zone, that 3 score lead will look nice in the splash email to 8th grade parents C) score. Score score, it’s their job to stop us or D) I never really thought about it and coach series by series

While this conversation is taking place, Kevin Hart, the actual head of security, asks his partner Dwayne the Rock Johnson,

Kevin Hart: Santino, when did the school get us yellow security jackets

The Rock: They didn’t get us yellow security jackets

Camera pans to Kevin Harts face as he realizes what Santino says, does the bug eye thing, flips over the railing running towards McCaravan (Ben Stiller) with Santino following him

Camera goes back to McCaravan interrogating Jaws: But what if you’re down 20 and the games in hand, how hard are you…

Before ending his question McCaravan sees Joliet Catholic security running towards him so he looks at Jaws (played by Trent Dilfer) says Thanks coach and he starts booking

The scene ends with Ben stiller Kevin hart and Dwayne the rock Johnson all on screen running with McCaravan shouting: Coach are you a follower of Jesus Christ…

McCaravan escapes and the camera closes in on Kevin Hart and The Rock as they shake their heads.

And Scene…

Cinematic gold. It’s gold Jerry

Last edited:
My theory is that he has the yellow security jacket. Games he needs a better feel for…

Actually would make a great movie. Picture this: Ben Stiller (McCaravan) is talking to Coach Jaws (played by Trent Dilfer) at Joliet Catholic’s practice:

Ben Stiller in his yellow security jacket; Getting reports there’s a fugitive on the loose from Stateville, seen anything, anyone suspicious

Stiller: I’m coaching my sons football team and let’s say if you’re up by 14 late in the game and you have a big game next week how important is that 3 TD score to you, A) score as many points as possible because all the kids practice, the season is finite so let them play B) the school we’re playing is in our recruiting zone, that 3 score lead will look nice in the splash email to 8th grade parents C) score. Score score, it’s their job to stop us or D) I never really thought about it and coach series by series

While this conversation is taking place, Kevin Hart, the actual head of security, asks his partner Dwayne the Rock Johnson,

Camera pans to Kevin Harts face as he realizes what Santino says, does the bug eye thing, flips over the railing running towards McCaravan (Ben Stiller) with Santino following him

Camera goes back to McCaravan interrogating Jaws: But what if you’re down 20 and the games in hand, how hard are you…

Before ending his question McCaravan sees Joliet Catholic security running towards him so he looks at Jaws (played by Trent Dilfer) says Thanks coach and he starts booking

The scene ends with Ben stiller Kevin hart and Dwayne the rock Johnson all on screen running with McCaravan shouting: Coach are you a follower of Jesus Christ…

McCaravan escapes and the camera closes in on Kevin Hart and The Rock as they shake their heads.

And Scene…

Brilliant, young man.

And Scene…

What in God’s name did I just read! 😂. I was hoping for Matthew McCaunaghey to portray me, much like his role in the movie Two for the Money but in actuality it would likely be Kevin James then Ben Stiller! 😀

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT