• Yes

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • NO

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
By deciding to place put Simeon in the playoffs the IHSA has eliminated a team from the playoffs who followed the By laws in favor of a team that did not, should team 257 sue to claim the last play off spot?

Poll should read "Should team #257 sue the IHSA?"

Last edited:
I'm usually against lawsuits but I try to teach my kids to follow the rules and do the right thing, Simeon may feel wronged but it doesn't mean a team that followed the rules should be punished because of it.

The IHSA should change the 8 game requirement for next year.

This is the dumbest thing I ever read on here. Why would team 257 even want to be in the playoffs when they didn't deserve it based on playing bad football. Our country is founded on gray area and changes. There are always exceptions in life.

Reactions: colbert
This is the dumbest thing I ever read on here. Why would team 257 even want to be in the playoffs when they didn't deserve it based on playing bad football. Our country is founded on gray area and changes. There are always exceptions in life.
I think he is being ironical...

Again story time.1987 CPS strike.Only Lane Tech got in.Well Rich South who was 6-3,lost tight games but wouldn’t have had enough playoff points to get in.CPS being out opened up lots of spots & South made it all the way to the semi finals

Reactions: Gene K.
The goal of the playoffs was never to get the best 256 schools in the field.
It was to reward conference champs and then fill the field with non-conference champs who had good seasons.
In this extraordinary situation, Simeon which won its conference was being denied a spot in the playoffs because of a minimum game requirement.
Whether the IHSA is showing compassion for the Simeon players or is a corrupt bunch of windbags is for each of us to decide.
But the idea of team number 257.,,,.which very well could be 4-5 Naperville central, bring called no good because they didn’t get in the field is probably not fair.
Just my opinion but if Naperville central played a 256 game season, one game against each playoff qualifier in every class, it likely would finish with 230 or more wins.
Naperville mistake was overscheduling too many games vs powerhouse foes when the dipGe valley conference shrunk size dotpdefectionsto other leagues.
Simeons mistake was not playing a game week 2 of the seAson and also not anticipating the possibility of a strike that could cost the wolverinesa game inictober

The goal of the playoffs was never to get the best 256 schools in the field.
It was to reward conference champs and then fill the field with non-conference champs who had good seasons.
In this extraordinary situation, Simeon which won its conference was being denied a spot in the playoffs because of a minimum game requirement.
Whether the IHSA is showing compassion for the Simeon players or is a corrupt bunch of windbags is for each of us to decide.
But the idea of team number 257.,,,.which very well could be 4-5 Naperville central, bring called no good because they didn’t get in the field is probably not fair.
Just my opinion but if Naperville central played a 256 game season, one game against each playoff qualifier in every class, it likely would finish with 230 or more wins.
Naperville mistake was overscheduling too many games vs powerhouse foes when the dipGe valley conference shrunk size dotpdefectionsto other leagues.
Simeons mistake was not playing a game week 2 of the seAson and also not anticipating the possibility of a strike that could cost the wolverinesa game inictober
You are what your record says you are. So in your analogy, if tom Brady got hurt and the pats went 6 and 10 and Brady comes back in week 17 that they should be in the playoffs because they probably would win the superbowl?

Dont some 5-4 teams not make it? So if they did what they're supposed to and got knocked out because of this why wouldn't they be pissed?
Aren't the other cps teams getting in now at 3-6 and 4-5? It's to keep playing a game most will never play again when hs ends.

Teams getting it at 4-5 or 3-5 are in as conference champions. fhy are not getting in as at large teams
As for the analogy better is the nba playoffs. The 16 best teams don’t get in. The top 8 teams in the west conference and the top 8 teams in the East conference get in.
If the 9th best team in the west has a 42-40 record and the 8th best. Team in the East has a 34-48 record, the 34-48 team is in the playoffs and the 42-40 team is not.
Is this fair? Well from what I have read online the nba is debating that exact thing right now basically because this year there appear to be more top level teams in one conference than the other.
I m not saying a 4-5 team that screwed itself by over scheduling should get a playoff spot. I m saying each of has to decide if Simeon and Chicago Phoenix deserve to be in the playoffs because they won their conference and did not meet the 8 games played requirement.
The rule letting them into the playoffs had to be waived for them. The teams that Missouri the playoffs because of the IHSA changing the rule for Simeon and Phoenix couldhzvesbpidrdtheproblemby winning one more game except them it would be two other teams left out by the rule change.
I c both sides of the debate. But I also saw both sides of the debate a couple years ago when a complete Officiating crew completely botched a rule on what should have been the last play of the game and the team that should have won in regulation wound up
Losing in overtime. The IHSA that time stuck to its rules. This time it didn’t. Tough call either way.

Here’s a thought, win more games.

Here's a thought, play at least 8 games. But I must say, your love for the IHSA is commendable. As many have said, "What the world needs is more love". Your certainly doing your part. Congrats!!

Here's a thought, play at least 8 games. But I must say, your love for the IHSA is commendable. As many have said, "What the world needs is more love". Your certainly doing your part. Congrats!!

yah that’s it. Because a team isn’t good enough to win at least 5 games we need to feel sorry for them. Welcome to Bobby Brady everyone gets a trophy day.

Newt, which 4-win teams are in? I would like to know if they followed the IHSA rules. If they did, what's your point

Reactions: ClownBaby
yah that’s it. Because a team isn’t good enough to win at least 5 games we need to feel sorry for them. Welcome to Bobby Brady everyone gets a trophy day.

The team left out most likely will be at 5 wins, kinda hurts your argument they should have won more don't you think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT