ADVERTISEMENT

What school closed,consolidated,dropped football do you miss the most? Tell me about them

also what about Providence/St. Mel and the 2 Quigleys, Gone. I rely on your on your knowledge in these matters. And in no way, shape or form am I being sarcastic or condescending. U know your s..t.

Reactions: MCTD10
also what about Providence/St. Mel and the 2 Quigleys, Gone. I rely on your on your knowledge in these matters. And in no way, shape or form am I being sarcastic or condescending. U know your s..t.
I had friends go to Quigley South who had friends that went to North. South kinda entertained interest in football but the consensus was Priest don't play football at North & South then just Quigley. I played some little league games there & watched hoops & baseball. South was hanging on. Rita was in need of upgrades & that neighborhood was not good. Leo wanted Quigley South but Rita had the Alumni & $$$$ so they won out. Leo was supposed to go to Orland Park on Lagrange Road but they never pulled the trigger on that. South & North merged & didn't last long after

Providence St.Mel is still open i think. St.Mel was before my time but they were the Knights & were good in hoops. I know they had some pretty good football teams who would have made the state playoffs had they had them back then under the criteria today

Providence St.Mel is still open i think. St.Mel was before my time but they were the Knights & were good in hoops. I know they had some pretty good football teams who would have made the state playoffs had they had them back then under the criteria today
My grandfather went to St Mel and my grandmother Providence waaay back in the day.

My grandfather went to St Mel and my grandmother Providence waaay back in the day.
My dad god rest his soul was a great guy. He would always call New Lenox Providence Providence St.Mel lol. I said no,they are different

Reactions: MIKEFTB
I was under the impression that stunt took place on the old Southland HS athletics cable TV show called "Sports Beat" hosted by Pat Disabato and the late Jeff Ponczak?
This is correct. Ponz did this on the local access show.

Providence-St. Mel is still open. I believe it's down the block from the Garfield Park Conservatory.

Illiana moved to NW Indiana about 5 years ago.
That's interesting - there can't be many instances of a school moving to a different state.

I want to say a year or two ago there was a school in Memphis that got destroyed in a tornado and relocated to the Mississippi side of the state line, then went on to win the Tennessee state championship in their division. can't be too many instances of a team from a different state winning the state championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT