ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 10

Just my thoughts, but I have never met any Rocket fans like this. Could be that this troll is trying to poison the well and give the impression that all Rochester fans are like this. Maybe try to get threads shut down by Edgy. He's admittedly a troll, so Edgy should bring the ban hammer down on him.
Oh they exist... the mama and papa bears on the socials have just as little restraint at times. Ratsy may know whom i reference here. I've met a few over the years in passing at games including us and them. Their athletes poked the bear way back in 2004 and then we rammed the opening kickoff down their collective throats. Game on... they were crickets after that on what turned out to be a fine, fine day for us. They re-upped and got better as time went on. Happy for them...

But anyway... they are few, very, very few in numbers. Most are outstanding folks. Bad apples are everywhere. And I'm no better for stroking his ego in here. For that I'm ashamed. But here we are... you spout off and you learn I guess.

Reactions: FB1976
GN, move along... if you even support a team, they don't want you...please just find something else to do... signed all high school football fans!!
I'll take this opportunity to formally apologize for escalating this. Unlike him, I feel I know better. Yet I pressed and continued to engage. For that, I am sorry to those who come here, like me usually, for the right reasons... football. I'll move on from this point forward. Thanks

I don't think you have learned much ever. Definitely that QND education. 2004 was a long time ago. I am your run of the mill Rochester person however, there are a thousand of them just like me. I have lots of laughs about this at my over compensated jobs. Property taxes keeping the riff raff out unless they can tote the rock.

Now let's talk about why people think Chatham is going to lose to Bloomington? Seems like the best possible match for them. They have a good defense and an unimaginative offense with some stud sophomores leading the way. I hope the Helm boy is able to make it back for playoffs. That family is something else and it's a shame they weren't Rockets.

Frankly, I see Coal v U-High as a toss up. Chatham is in trouble and will likely be home in time for basketball practice. SHG will get to host a second round game in which they will get smoked by Morris. The biggest unknown for any path is whether Rocxhester can keep its focus. Sadly, I see alot of quick games until the semifinal.

As for this "GrossNoises" infant, the only gross noises are his comments. Grow up.
I'm not so sure about Chatham being in trouble, based on what MacArthur did to Bloomington on the road last week. They didn't simply beat them! No way would I assume a win for SHG, even given GrossNoises' report that TFN is having problems. I'm not sure SHG even knows for sure who they will have available for this game. Why do you say "sadly" when referring to quick games?

Reactions: cigaros
He is just another outrageously negative person that led to the formation of GrossNoises. I am what you people deserve.

What's the word with Bloomington recently? The MacArthur loss was puzzling and that is definitely an apathetic school capable of mailing it in, but seeing they beat Danville makes me believe they may have a little more fight in them left if there isn't anything seriously wrong with the engine. I think it'll be a close game but Chatham always gets favorable officiating at home. Expect them to pull away after half when the phantom flags appear.

He is just another outrageously negative person that led to the formation of GrossNoises. I am what you people deserve.

What's the word with Bloomington recently? The MacArthur loss was puzzling and that is definitely an apathetic school capable of mailing it in, but seeing they beat Danville makes me believe they may have a little more fight in them left if there isn't anything seriously wrong with the engine. I think it'll be a close game but Chatham always gets favorable officiating at home. Expect them to pull away after half when the phantom flags appear.
You do realize I can and will launch you the first poor decision you make which from what I see could be minutes away, right?
With any luck you'll be gone by morning.

All I did was speculate that SHG was on the down slide and was met with ad hominem attacks immediately. It's not my fault the sensitivity level is high here.

Now for the THIRD time, can someone explain Bloomington's up and down season? Is this normal for them?

All I did was speculate that SHG was on the down slide and was met with ad hominem attacks immediately. It's not my fault the sensitivity level is high here.

Now for the THIRD time, can someone explain Bloomington's up and down season? Is this normal for them?
Right, that was all you did. Purely innocent. 🙄

Not a big Bloomington contingent here so you may not find the answer your looking for.

Not my fault that RoaminCatholic dude went ballistic and he's not even an SHG guy. He knows how foolish he was. That's why he apologized. I do not accept his apology, but I will say if he leaves this board then I will too. If not, you will hear GrossNoises all year, every year.

It doesn't seem Chatham has much of a following here either which is odd if you've ever had the misfortune of being around them when they are having a good season. It's going to be weird seeing SHG come in 4th in the conference the next 2 years. Although there are rumblings Cook-Johnson will be relocating to Texas from MacArthur. It's a shame because Saint Derek could do wonders with that generational talent.

Yep, it's everyone else's fault you don't know when to stop. Fairly certain we won't have to worry about you all year, every year. At least I won't. Gotta love the "ignore" feature. Take care, hope your schtick makes you feel good.

Reactions: net-se
Right, that was all you did. Purely innocent. 🙄

Not a big Bloomington contingent here so you may not find the answer your looking for.
Not enough people talking about Mac whooping Bloomingtons butts. Perhaps they think Metamora is still what they once were. Except they aren't even close and I think Mac could seriously shock us all in the first 2 rounds. They easily had the best 3 headed attack in the CS8 this year and credit coach Spates for always putting together a solid athletic defense that flies around. Macs demise always comes from the fray. They just can't seem to get enough working pieces to put it all together. Although this year, like some others, they've shown capability to do so in spurts. If Mac can land the first couple blows, the Redbirds may be in trouble.

As for Chatham, they're pretty pedestrian by their own standards this year. I keep hearing they're a year or two out from another good one.

My only guess is that Bloomington is equally average compared to Glenwood. Should be a really fine opening round game.

Legendary amounts of pearl clutching here.

See you guys tonight at Rocket Booster Stadium, I expect to watch the entire game and have finished a pizza at Razzos before they close tonight. Meet these GrossNoises at either place. Let out your GrossestNoise if you want to say hi. I'll be one of the many athletic looking dads with a nice watch gesticulating wildly as Mrozowski runs in at least 4 touchdowns. If you guys think this team is good just wait. It's only going to get worse. Soar Rockets, soar!

The way the defense has been playing I'm not sure we get scored on this postseason run. Some people are hyping up Cahokia as a threat to knock us off course, but barn burners versus Alton and O'Fallon have me thinking we'll just be beating the brakes off of whoever knocks them off the first 2 rounds. I might have to make GrossNoises at Chatham tomorrow for what seems to be the game of the weekend. I'm hearing that the wheels may be falling off the bus for a few CS8 schools injury wise.

South County Weekly Mr. Pick'em Predictions
Rochester 49 Lincoln 7
U High 26 Coal City 20
SHG 21 TF North 19
MacArthur 27 Metamora 26
Chatham 28 Bloomington 14

South County Weekly Mr. Pick'em Predictions
Rochester 49 Lincoln 7
U High 26 Coal City 20
SHG 21 TF North 19
MacArthur 27 Metamora 26
Chatham 28 Bloomington 14
And what are your thoughts on those picks? Here are mine:

Rochester 49 Lincoln 7 - Only if Derek lets of the gas.
U-High 26 Coal City 20 - The point spread may be reasonable, but I see it going either way.
SHG 21 TF North 19 - Way closer than Calpreps prediction, but more realistic. Toss-up IMO.
MacArthur 27 Metamora 26 - Not if the Generals' defense comes to play.
Chatham 28 Bloomington 14 - The Titans should win this. I can't see Bloomington adjusting their defense against Glenwood the way the Rockets did when the Titans offense was moving in the first half in their game at Rochester. Point spread may be about right.

Reactions: rocketnation
If it's a schtick then why keep it up? No one thinks it's funny, witty, or even tolerable. You're doing nothing but giving the respected Rochester followers here a bad name. We get it you don't like private schools.

Also, just an aside Calpreps has a fairly accurate algorithm that changes throughout the year and it doesn't use the transitive property.
Speak for yourself. I think it is funny.

Ignore RoaminCatholic guys, I really hurt his feelings. He is just another scorned lover I used to make GrossNoises with but now these GrossNoises are no more.

Them Lincoln boys feeling the heat. 21-7 in the first. We are letting the freshmen play defense so no worries there. It's getting cold out here. Good thing I am keeping 8 of my fingers warm with these state championship rings.

Rochester 59 Lincoln 14, Final. Rochester scored in the final seconds of the 2nd quarter to get the running clock going at 49-7. Parker Gillespie ran for 3 TD's and threw for 1 and Nolan Mrozowski had 2 TD's.

Coal City 44 U High 0, Final. Impressive win for the Coalers, who will be coming to Rochester next week. Overall, a great season for the Pioneers but a rough ending tonight.

Last edited:
Those drunks from Coal City will be an easy second round game. Looking forward to relaxing early and often again. Not gonna make it to Rizzos in time, but tonight was nothing to celebrate. I'll head to George Ranks for the night cap instead. Fellow Edgers, head over and make GrossNoises to meet the kid.

Rochester 59 Lincoln 14, Final. Rochester scored in the final seconds of the 2nd quarter to get the running clock going at 49-7. Nolan Mrozowski had 3 rushing TD's and Parker Gillespie ran for 2 and threw for 1.

Coal City 44 U High 0, Final. Impressive win for the Coalers, who will be coming to Rochester next week. Overall, a great season for the Pioneers but a rough ending tonight.
Be interested in learning how the U-High game unfolded (or collapsed). One CS8 team shines, two go down and not in a blaze of glory.

Of tomorrow's games, I think the Cyclones are in the most precarious situation. Does MacArthur keep rolling, and does home field pay off for the Titans? The Shadow doesn't even know, so how am I supposed to?

Coal City is not a bad team. I was surprised they won by the margin they did but I had predicted them to win regardless.
This was actually the game I was going to go to until it started raining and it want streaming or on the radio which sucks. I’ll say it here that they’ll likely loose to Rochester but it I feel it will be less than a 2 score game. Their defense is good but their offense has had some trouble moving the ball.

Coal City is not a bad team. I was surprised they won by the margin they did but I had predicted them to win regardless.
This was actually the game I was going to go to until it started raining and it want streaming or on the radio which sucks. I’ll say it here that they’ll likely loose to Rochester but it I feel it will be less than a 2 score game. Their defense is good but their offense has had some trouble moving the ball.
If CC is able to keep it to less than 2 scores that will be impressive as only SHG was able to accomplish that. The other 10 games were RC.

Be interested in learning how the U-High game unfolded (or collapsed). One CS8 team shines, two go down and not in a blaze of glory.

Of tomorrow's games, I think the Cyclones are in the most precarious situation. Does MacArthur keep rolling, and does home field pay off for the Titans? The Shadow doesn't even know, so how am I supposed to?
I didn't like U High's 35-0 loss at Chatham in Week 7, which could have easily been several TD's worse if the Titans were more opportunistic. However, I didn't see this blowout tonight coming. Thought the Pioneers offense would generate at least a couple of scores.

I still like all the CS8 teams to win tomorrow. The outcomes are, however, going to say a lot about the strength of the conference this season.

Chatham got a great draw for a 6-3 team, facing Bloomington who lost by 44 at home a week ago. MacArthur is on a roll. As long as SHG avoids turnovers, I think they'll be ok as well.

Reactions: net-se and FB1976
I'm not so sure about Chatham being in trouble, based on what MacArthur did to Bloomington on the road last week. They didn't simply beat them! No way would I assume a win for SHG, even given GrossNoises' report that TFN is having problems. I'm not sure SHG even knows for sure who they will have available for this game. Why do you say "sadly" when referring to quick games?
Quick games are no fun. And they don't prepare these youngsters for challenges. I liked Derek Leonard's comment after the SHG game when he stated, (paraphrasing from memory) we played the sloppiest game and still came out with a win. Too many easy games can make the next game a trap game. In the playoffs, a trap game is season over. So while, a running clock is nice; it gets the underclassmen in the game, it does not prepare the leaders on the team for moments of adversity.

Cigaros, they are prepared through years of development in the system. Either get with the program or buy some beer and join the Coal City people. I am about to get the booster club 250 bucks from some joker, what are you bringing to the table other than negativity and bulletin board material for the enemy?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Cigaros, they are prepared through years of development in the system. Either get with the program or buy some beer and join the Coal City people. I am about to get the booster club 250 bucks from some joker, what are you bringing to the table other than negativity and bulletin board material for the enemy?
Your nonsensical comments are an embarrassment to whichever fanbase from which you matriculate.

Your nonsensical comments are an embarrassment to whichever fanbase from which you matriculate.
Come on, he's a Rocket and has told us as much! According to GrossNoises posts, I for one think he has made good observations. Some may not like the tone of his posts, but that's on them, not him. I imagine that he will continue to be a Rochester fan whether the Rocket faithful on this board like it or not.

U-High was always a pretender. A big loss to Chatham is not good. Unfair to say Lincoln didn't go down in a blaze of glory. It was a great season for them. Not every town can be the home of quality football.
A 59 to 14 loss is not going down in a blaze of glory! But I agree with you, at least in terms of it being a great season for THEM, given the Railsplitters' decades-long playoff drought.

Seems you'll be the only one that misses him. Appears he got das boot.
z-you didn't answer my question above. i have to make plans.

i have a feeling that even though he's been booted; he'll resurface.

4Afan definitely knows people do not want to make plans with him. He is glued to his screen waiting to hear more GrossNoises.

The fix is in. SHG students are notorious for hating cold weather. Expect some mysterious fumbles and dropped passes so they can get back into their North Face jackets and bully nerds at Home Plate. SHG loses a head scratcher 20-14. Or get running clocked. One of the 2.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT