ADVERTISEMENT

LWE vs H-F

Wet and cold... Stopped by Fat Ricky's, got the pie wings and fried cheeses. Gonna watch this from the couch.

We need to build a football field in McQ's dome for these chilly September nights

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
I dont know when the last time we were shut out 2x in a season was but itll be this year for sure

27-6 lwe just got a pick at their own 5 then a long run into hf redzone

It's gotten to Alabama territory in that if east doesn't win it all, it's simply a huge disappointment . Hesitant to say failure as we're talking about kids, but that's the territory Z has crossed into now with this squad . All or nothing .

What happened to all those weapons and that big o-line feeto talked about. I am starting to question the peeps who said East wasn’t as good as last year? Bones thoughts? Which team is better this year or last year?
I think they are a better balanced team. Lots of offensive options. The D as a whole is stronger but of course last years front 4 were phenomenal

What happened to all those weapons and that big o-line feeto talked about. I am starting to question the peeps who said East wasn’t as good as last year? Bones thoughts? Which team is better this year or last year?
I told you all they didnt have the weapons. Just played better. I think that non-call on the punt interference killed them and they basically gave up after the pick at the 5.

I would say this LWE team is better than last year because of the passing game. That's what worried me. I felt last year we could beat you guys if this QB didnt play and I was close. Baltz is nice. This is probably the best LWE offense Ive seen.

Reactions: mommee68
I told you all they didnt have the weapons. Just played better. I think that non-call on the punt interference killed them and they basically gave up after the pick at the 5.

I would say this LWE team is better than last year because of the passing game. That's what worried me. I felt last year we could beat you guys if this QB didnt play and I was close. Baltz is nice. This is probably the best LWE offense Ive seen.

48-6 defense is not bad either.

Reactions: mommee68

After watching the highlights of this game I have to agree with you Bones about the offense. The QB is huge and the receivers are talented. You add the RB in the mix and how do you defend them. This is a well balanced team. The defense is strong as always and is basically shutting teams down. It’s going to be tough to beat this team no matter who they play. I am not saying they can’t be beat because this is high school football but East will be a very tough out!

Yeah a team will have to play a great game and LWE be off their game somewhat to pull out a close one. I usually take the field vs the favorite in 8A. As of last night I'll take the favorite against the field.

Reactions: jcrewx7
Yeah a team will have to play a great game and LWE be off their game somewhat to pull out a close one. I usually take the field vs the favorite in 8A. As of last night I'll take the favorite against the field.

This is a very formidable East squad, but until this squad raises the 8A Championship trophy in November, I give the edge to last year's team. I haven't seen Stevenson, Barrington or some of the other 8A schools from the north, but East is the best squad in the southland hands down (no offense to Rice fans). Saw Loyola and Maine South on TV early in the year and didn't they could beat East, but that being said, those teams will be better if and when they play East in the playoffs. Defensively, this front four controls the line of scrimmage as good as last year's team, up to this point in the season anyway. Offensively, they hit you from everywhere. The only difference is that I don't know if this year's quarterback is the runner last year's quarterback was and maybe that won't make a difference, but Morrissey bailed them out of some jams last season with his legs. Still a lot of football to be played though. All this to say I agree with your post Bones. I think it's the favorite against the field.

This is a very formidable East squad, but until this squad raises the 8A Championship trophy in November, I give the edge to last year's team. I haven't seen Stevenson, Barrington or some of the other 8A schools from the north, but East is the best squad in the southland hands down (no offense to Rice fans). Saw Loyola and Maine South on TV early in the year and didn't they could beat East, but that being said, those teams will be better if and when they play East in the playoffs. Defensively, this front four controls the line of scrimmage as good as last year's team, up to this point in the season anyway. Offensively, they hit you from everywhere. The only difference is that I don't know if this year's quarterback is the runner last year's quarterback was and maybe that won't make a difference, but Morrissey bailed them out of some jams last season with his legs. Still a lot of football to be played though. All this to say I agree with your post Bones. I think it's the favorite against the field.
That’s kind of like comparing Mike Vick in his prime to Matt Ryan.
Morrissey didn’t have the tools that Baltz has and was an awesome runner. He didn’t bail us out. That was the game plan all year.
Baltz is not the runner he was, but he doesn’t need to be. He is a pure pocket passer with all of the tools needed to succeed. His running backs, all 4 of them are great and his receivers, all 6 of them are just as great. The O line is ridiculous, and the chemistry of this team is off the charts. Everyone is happy and excited for everyone else’s successes.
The defense is as good or better than last years, and they were great.
So proud of these boys and everything they have accomplished to this point in their lives. A great group of young men.
One more thing, most of these boys have been winners since 3rd grade. I will bet that most have not lost more than 12 games their entire lives. Their a group of winners that have been playing together forever!
I only hope it continues. Go BLUE!

That’s kind of like comparing Mike Vick in his prime to Matt Ryan.
Morrissey didn’t have the tools that Baltz has and was an awesome runner. He didn’t bail us out. That was the game plan all year.
Baltz is not the runner he was, but he doesn’t need to be. He is a pure pocket passer with all of the tools needed to succeed. His running backs, all 4 of them are great and his receivers, all 6 of them are just as great. The O line is ridiculous, and the chemistry of this team is off the charts. Everyone is happy and excited for everyone else’s successes.
The defense is as good or better than last years, and they were great.
So proud of these boys and everything they have accomplished to this point in their lives. A great group of young men.
One more thing, most of these boys have been winners since 3rd grade. I will bet that most have not lost more than 12 games their entire lives. Their a group of winners that have been playing together forever!
I only hope it continues. Go BLUE!

Good post Jcrewx7
Couldn’t agree with more. Those kids playing together for years makes a huge difference. My son was part of that great D-line at East In its 1st Championship back in 2005. That entire team played together since youth level. We knew that they had the talent to win it all, they just had to do it. Special time then for all us East fans. If the boys just take care of business it will be special again. No one hands the trophy to you, they have to earn it. I am sure in the playoffs they will be tested but like others said if they play their game they will be tough to beat.
Go East!

Reactions: Gene K. and WIU78

So they didn’t get 1 call and they give up? That doesn’t sound like a championship type caliber team. Something I have said for a long time and now another poster pointed it out again. Discipline! HF has lacked this for a long time.

I actually counted three egregious calls early in that game that helped East.

1st was when the refs didn't call the TD for East at the goalline and the HF player tackled the QB an East player went and hit/shoved the HF player in the back to get him off the QB. No call from the refs. Then something ensues between the teams and they call offsetting penalties. Should have been 4th at the 15 instead of replaying the down. That's huge.

There was the obvious punt interference which was huge.

The 3rd slips me right now, may have been no PI on a pass play but I remember thinking to myself that East is the better team they don't need this assistance. HF would have had to play a cleaner game to win and not have big calls like those go against them.

Someone @ Zvonar and tell him to take it easy in week 9. Let the DL and Baltz rest. Health is the key!

1st was when the refs didn't call the TD for East at the goalline and the HF player tackled the QB an East player went and hit/shoved the HF player in the back to get him off the QB. No call from the refs. Then something ensues between the teams and they call offsetting penalties. Should have been 4th at the 15 instead of replaying the down. That's huge.

The 3rd slips me right now, may have been no PI on a pass play but I remember thinking to myself that East is the better team they don't need this assistance. HF would have had to play a cleaner game to win and not have big calls like those go against them.

Someone @ Zvonar and tell him to take it easy in week 9. Let the DL and Baltz rest. Health is the key!

Ha funny
I doubt he will unless they build a big lead. BB is always ready and does not quit. Is the game @BB or East?

Ha funny
I doubt he will unless they build a big lead. BB is always ready and does not quit. Is the game @BB or East?
Game is at East. I heard Z saying something about resting all the starter for the playoffs. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Cross Bones
If East starters play it'll definitely be a running clock, but I wouldn't risk it so close to the playoffs. Best to play it safe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT