ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 8

I agree Rat. There is a "hidden" advantage to having a first round road game, depending of course on where that game would be. If the Cyclones were fortunate enough to win that they could possibly have a second round game at home. This year it's been a "one game at a time" scenario in my opinion, and I think that's going to continue going forward. As for Mac, yes, they made some great plays especially on third and long and that was devastating to have them make first downs on all 3 of them. The freshman RB is a ton and in my estimation the Cyclones haven't faced a RB like that since they faced JCA in '21 (Jordan Anderson) I believe it was. I also agree with the fact that I am not sure Mac would be able to duplicate another game like that but I guess we shall see.

Unless I'm missing something Murphysboro is sitting as 1 seed and would host Lincoln assuming Murphysboro wins against 8-0 Duquoin.
All... Correct! Except .... when I was at the state I worked with on occasion a gent who became a friend from DuQuoin. He has been yapping since mid season about the Indians being on the warpath (can you still say that ) and he has assured me that the Red Devils are going down this Friday. Even invited me to the game. I don't think so on his attendance request. Ratsy

I agree Rat. There is a "hidden" advantage to having a first round road game, depending of course on where that game would be. If the Cyclones were fortunate enough to win that they could possibly have a second round game at home. This year it's been a "one game at a time" scenario in my opinion, and I think that's going to continue going forward. As for Mac, yes, they made some great plays especially on third and long and that was devastating to have them make first downs on all 3 of them. The freshman RB is a ton and in my estimation the Cyclones haven't faced a RB like that since they faced JCA in '21 (Jordan Anderson) I believe it was. I also agree with the fact that I am not sure Mac would be able to duplicate another game like that but I guess we shall see.
Hard to imagine they will duplicate that next week against Bloomington or in the playoffs. Regarding the postseason, if they end up 5-4, they will be facing an opponent who will know how to close out a game when they have the chance. At 6-3, they could perhaps have an outside shot of winning their first game. The reason for my reservations of them doing much going forward is two-fold: (1) they will not be facing SHG, and (2) no way do I see them getting as high emotion-wise as they did against SHG, especially with the lift they got from the Cyclones' second-half stumbles.

If Murphysboro ends up as the 4A South Bracket #1 and beats their earlier playoff opponents, I see a Carterville 2022 in their future. You know what I mean, right?
It means Carterville will be really mad as they get destroyed by Rochester for a second year in a row

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT