ADVERTISEMENT

What does CCL do now?

The bottom line is teams will leave the CCL rather than be forced to play the Blue teams.

The bottom line is teams will leave the CCL rather than be forced to play the Blue teams.

Do you really think that Stl, Fenwick and/or DLS would leave the Catholic League before agreeing to play in the blue?

Do you really think that Stl, Fenwick and/or DLS would leave the Catholic League before agreeing to play in the blue?
Can't speak to StL/DLS but yes I do believe that about Fenwick. If the CPS simply tried to force Fenwick's hand to join the other 5 it'd be adios CCL.

Can't speak to StL/DLS but yes I do believe that about Fenwick. If the CPS simply tried to force Fenwick's hand to join the other 5 it'd be adios CCL.
Put Montini in the Blue and that would solve the reluctance of other schools wanting to be in the blue. Might take Montini a year or two to win the conference with a school attendance of around 800 kids. LOL

Put Montini in the Blue and that would solve the reluctance of other schools wanting to be in the blue. Might take Montini a year or two to win the conference with a school attendance of around 800 kids. LOL
They already rejected

800? More like 650

Reactions: Gene K.
If no one wants to do crossovers with the CCL Blue (can't say I blame them) and it's causing strife and friction and departures from other CCL divisions - what about CCL Blue only playing each other and either they or the remains of the DVC reach out to one another for a long term 2 to 3 non conference home and away schedule?

Would this stabilize the CCL for all divisions or help some? I would think It would definitely be a benefit to the remains of the DVC for football scheduling 2018 and beyond. And finally - I think there would be some good matchups to watch and intriguing games.

Thoughts?
Not thrilled with this idea. DVC/CCL would make it really hard to make the playoffs (other than Loyola). Imagine NN playing Loyola, MC, BR, SR, PC, NC, Neuqua, and Waubonsie. Football suicide for several solid programs. Most teams involved need to schedule three winnable games before heading thru a meat grinder.

Not thrilled with this idea. DVC/CCL would make it really hard to make the playoffs (other than Loyola). Imagine NN playing Loyola, MC, BR, SR, PC, NC, Neuqua, and Waubonsie. Football suicide for several solid programs. Most teams involved need to schedule three winnable games before heading thru a meat grinder.

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I got to believe the goal is to win a state championship. To achieve this goal, one must make the damn playoffs first.

Potential Cascia schedule:

SR @ Naperville Central
SR @ Glenbard North
MC @ SR
LA @ SR
SR @ BR
Waubonsie Valley @ SR
SR @ Nequa Valley
PC @ SR
SR @ Naperville North

People do not want to join the CCL Blue to have a shot at the playoffs. Why would the CCL or DVC put itself in a position contrarian to that?

Reactions: NNFAN
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I got to believe the goal is to win a state championship. To achieve this goal, one must make the damn playoffs first.

SR @ Naperville Central
SR @ Glenbard North
MC @ SR
LA @ SR
SR @ BR
Waubonsie Valley @ SR
SR @ Nequa Valley
PC @ SR
SR @ Naperville North

People do not want to join the CCL Blue to have a shot at the playoffs. Why would the CCL or DVC put itself in a position contrarian to that?
I get you can't win it if you're not in. However my thinking is if you can't win 5 games against like sized schools. Are you really a pretender and not a contender.

Reactions: Super_Bowl85
I don't think Marist wants to play Rice, Rita, MC, Provy and Loyola year in and out. They've got a good easy 5-4 minimum in ESCC each year so even in down years they should be good. They jump to Blue they'd be competitive but no perennially. This year however they'd do good. Has anyone seen how f'ing loaded Marist is?

yes I hear you and very valid point. I wasn't suggesting 4+ crossovers as Im sure nobody in the Blue nor in the DVC would be psyched for that. But maybe two? and the dance partners rotate every two years?

Everyone needs to be able to field a team come playoff time and 9 straight games of DVC + Blue = a pretty beat up team in week 10 with no bye weeks.

How about this for NN. This doesn't look super scary... you have 3 ok matchups and two toughies and then into conference play vs. the Valleys and the Napervilles
* Leo
* East Aurora
* Bartlett
* Mount Carmel
* St Rita

* Metea
* WV
* NC
* NV

SR @ Naperville Central
SR @ Glenbard North
MC @ SR
LA @ SR
SR @ BR
Waubonsie Valley @ SR
SR @ Nequa Valley
PC @ SR
SR @ Naperville North

I wasn't suggesting the two conferences merge from a football perspective - just that perhaps there is a possibility of playing two games each year between the conferences?

SR versus Elgin
SR versus West Chicago
SR versus Metea
SR versus Naperville North
SR versus PC - conference
SR versus BR - conference
SR versus MC - conference
SR versus SR - conference
SR versus Loyola - conference

Two ok non con matchups and two tougher ones. This non con schedule doesn't look like a total nut buster?

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
I get you can't win it if you're not in. However my thinking is if you can't win 5 games against like sized schools. Are you really a pretender and not a contender.

In all fairness - there is a big difference in some "like sized" schools. East Aurora has higher enrollment number than any of the Valleys or Naperville's except Neuqua. I don't think you can equate East Aurora and say Bolingbrook. Both similar size - but football program competitiveness at different levels

I wasn't suggesting the two conferences merge from a football perspective - just that perhaps there is a possibility of playing two games each year between the conferences?

SR versus Elgin
SR versus West Chicago
SR versus Metea
SR versus Naperville North
SR versus PC - conference
SR versus BR - conference
SR versus MC - conference
SR versus SR - conference
SR versus Loyola - conference

Two ok non con matchups and two tougher ones. This non con schedule doesn't look like a total nut buster?

VT21--I think it's an interesting idea for sure; I was just echoing NN's claim about the schedule.

I do admit, I am all for Rita taking an easier path to the playoffs every year as opposed to scheduling very tough non-conference games because the Mustangs already have four grueling games in the CCL Blue.

If Rita were similar to a Rambler on the north side there, then I'd probably be open to scheduling two tough non-conference games. The rotating schedule is an interesting one, though.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I don't think Marist wants to play Rice, Rita, MC, Provy and Loyola year in and out. They've got a good easy 5-4 minimum in ESCC each year so even in down years they should be good. They jump to Blue they'd be competitive but no perennially. This year however they'd do good. Has anyone seen how f'ing loaded Marist is?
They were loaded last year with prospects

The Catholic league did three divisions of 5 before. No automatic bids for confer nice champs, but if you only win five and don't have the playoff points, then you don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

They were loaded last year with prospects

Not that they will, but joining the Blue would be the best thing ever for Marist. If they were in Blue now you have the TV package, playing all of Rita, Rice, MC on a Friday night instead of selectively here and there at SF. Playing in front of bigger crowds having those 3 on the schedule. And PC as well with battling for kids in the Orland area. Marist would be the CCL Blue co-ed option on the SW side.

Not that they will, but joining the Blue would be the best thing ever for Marist. If they were in Blue now you have the TV package, playing all of Rita, Rice, MC on a Friday night instead of selectively here and there at SF. Playing in front of bigger crowds having those 3 on the schedule. And PC as well with battling for kids in the Orland area. Marist would be the CCL Blue co-ed option on the SW side.

Marist doesn't need to join the blue. They are thriving with the current set up. Enrollment is good and they are bringing in a ton of athletes for all the sports. In addition, the ESCC is a good fit for the girls programs, which are also thriving. If I am Marist, I wouldn't change a thing. Got a good thing going over there.

I think your "over-selling" of Marist is so transparent. Saying easy 5-4 min in ESCC is ridiculous. Very competitive conference. Any given Friday night you can lose.

I think your "over-selling" of Marist is so transparent. Saying easy 5-4 min in ESCC is ridiculous. Very competitive conference. Any given Friday night you can lose.
Based on their recent history, going at least 5-4 while in the ESCC has been pretty easy for Marist. They have been 5-4 or better in 8 out of the last 9 years.

Based on their recent history, going at least 5-4 while in the ESCC has been pretty easy for Marist. They have been 5-4 or better in 8 out of the last 9 years.
Ditto - this year Marist will go undefeated in conference. Why jump to Blue to risk not making playoffs.

Marist doesn't need to join the blue. They are thriving with the current set up. Enrollment is good and they are bringing in a ton of athletes for all the sports. In addition, the ESCC is a good fit for the girls programs, which are also thriving. If I am Marist, I wouldn't change a thing. Got a good thing going over there.

I think they would be even better cause would get a few more kids who would have gone to Rice or Rita with playing a Blue schedule so the opp to play vs friends etc instead playing teams further away .

The more I read about it, this CCL Blue/DVC mashup conference looks good. Where do I sign the petition to get it done?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT