ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita @ Sterling

I think it's possible. You would have to play against the state's across your state line first before traveling longer distances.

For instance IL and IN teams would play first before playing a OH team.

It would have to be sorted out so half your games are at home so you only travel 2 or 3 games. Games would have to be played on Saturday's.

SPOILER ALERT: 248 playoff teams will not finish first. 8 will win first place.

No system you devise will be perfect.

The below argument is the one that is constantly made. But there is irony in that I pointed out the real pussification. We were 3-6 last year so we should be in an easy playoff class is about as bad an argument that

Or we're not good enough so something must be wrong with the system. Move the good teams up so we can win.

No. I just want good games between like teams.

Rita, sterling, marian catholic have same number of boys. Marian and Rita have same open borders
Sterling smashed Marian and lost to Rita. Sycamore beat Montini.
What's the issue?

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
No. I just want good games between like teams.
Disclaimer: Sterling is a good team that ran into a Buzz-saw opponent.

So, if your team is really Bad it should be in Class with only other Bad Teams with one Bad champion left standing?

Makes sense in a Southern California kind of way, I guess.

Like the 56-14 beat down Sterling put on a private in round 1. I didn’t see you around last week asking for better games. Be consistent
If the privates had their own playoffs is Rita in the class with MC and Loyola?

Or do they want to play St. Theresa?

You should spend your effort writing an email to the ihsa. Rita didn't say this is where we're going so we can win. Ihsa said this is where you're going.
Do you cry during bball season when the publics dominate the finals year after year?

Reactions: Gene K.

Wherever the IHSA rules deem them. Have a great Sunday! Enjoy your 50-10 (great games in your opinion) regular season blow outs.

Back to football. Kaleb Brown had two touchdowns called back yesterday. One was on a holding call, but the second was on a goal line play in which KB’s forward progress was stopped but the whistle was not blown. Eventually all of SR’s linemen pushed the pile into the end zone. A flag was thrown. To someone who was at the game what was that call? Is it illegal to push the pile?

The more rules the ihsa makes the worse it gets.

Go back to 6 classes, 1.65 multiplier for all privates and 1-32 seeding. Those were the good ole days.

Will anyone answer whether Rita would be in a class with MC and Loyola, or would they prefer to battle St. Theresa?

It would depend how many teams and brackets each year. Get the list of all privates enrollment that play football and figure it out.
Could be 3 classes of 32 or 5 classes of 16.
If they were with Loyola they wouldn't cry Loyola have 3 times as many boys. They go out and play and the result is the result.

Rita, sterling, marian catholic have same number of boys. Marian and Rita have same open borders
Sterling smashed Marian and lost to Rita. Sycamore beat Montini.
What's the issue?

Marian is typically just the minor league team for HF though.

Reactions: RockSoup
Back to football. Kaleb Brown had two touchdowns called back yesterday. One was on a holding call, but the second was on a goal line play in which KB’s forward progress was stopped but the whistle was not blown. Eventually all of SR’s linemen pushed the pile into the end zone. A flag was thrown. To someone who was at the game what was that call? Is it illegal to push the pile?
Yes, rule 9-1 in high school NFHS

Yes and carmel gets succes factored up to 7a.

You really need to stop saying success factor. The multiplier puts them in 7A. Success factor would have them in 8A.

The multiplier is waived if you do not win a playoff game for a certain number of years. Rita will be back in 7A next year.

You really need to stop saying success factor. The multiplier puts them in 7A. Success factor would have them in 8A.

The multiplier is waived if you do not win a playoff game for a certain number of years. Rita will be back in 7A next year.

Only if they beat Hillcrest.

Reactions: USD24

Only if they beat Hillcrest.
Is the loss of Multiplier (i.e. St Rita) a 2 year stint like most other things the IHSA does?

Last edited:
Reactions: mchsalumni

Yes, I **** that up all the time.
I forget good privates get hit twice.

Idk if one win means you're better than the class. Need to give a little. Considering the rule is only for privates and a public like Richard's that seems to live in the quarter, semis never has to move.

So MC140,

I kept digging after you showed me I was out of date and it appears that your first post should be correct based on this reference on the IHSA explaination board. I guess we will only see once next year rolls around. At the end of the day the list also illistruates how few schools are multiplied. I was also surprised to see that Philips is NOT on the non-boundary CPS list.

https://www.ihsa.org/Schools/Enroll...l=/data/school/2019-21 cycle/waivers-fall.htm

They are vague on that. But I would be surprised if not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT