ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita @ Sterling

I can see why a 5a school might be upset.

I believe Rita would play MC, Rice, and Marist all within one score if not win straight up.

They play against those same kids growing up and now go play a sterling team that was drastically under matched.

Still credit goes to Rita for performing at a high level against all competition.

I’m sure when the high school kids get together on the south side Rita kids take some **** for playing in 5a.

Reactions: Stable42
Queen,

I hear what you’re saying but a few of these Sterling posters come out here the past few years, and talk about how great they are and then when the get run over by a Chicago team, it’s not fair and things need to change. Which is it, are they up to the challenge or not.

I can see why a 5a school might be upset.

I believe Rita would play MC, Rice, and Marist all within one score if not win straight up.

They play against those same kids growing up and now go play a sterling team that was drastically under matched.

Still credit goes to Rita for performing at a high level against all competition.

I’m sure when the high school kids get together on the south side Rita kids take some **** for playing in 5a.

Queen,

I hear what you’re saying but a few of these Sterling posters come out here the past few years, and talk about how great they are and then when the get run over by a Chicago team, it’s not fair and things need to change. Which is it, are they up to the challenge or not.

Those sterling folk would get a nice 3 td thumpiing from Hillcrest this year also.

Unless they add some kids from that team I just watched Saturday.

I’m born and raised south side and if you run your mouth sooner or later you get humbled. Sterling got humbled.

Take your loss and learn from it.

Rita’s getting better every week. Fun team to watch when that happens

Last season when Rita was 3-6, they were within 2 scores every game except against Loyola. Their regular season schedule included 2 state champions, 2 more teams that played in the final game, a semi-finalist and 2 other state playoff qualifiers.

The seniors on that team had to miss & watch the state playoffs knowing they were probably a better team than a good amount of the state playoff field, those 7-2, 8-1 or even 9-0 teams that have weaker opponents all season.

My point is playing in the private leagues, especially the CCL Blue can be a double edged sword and not an automatic state playoff appearance each year..

Queen,

I didn’t see any Sterling posters come on here and talk about how great Sterling is? Including myself, show me one post in this thread where anyone said we were great and we’re going to beat Saint Rita?
Naturally we thought it would be a better game and weren't expecting a beat down like we got but everyone seemed humble enough, this game taught me to be even more humble, Sterling could play with about any public school in the state and did, even beating several 6A and 7A teams along the way, but your conference is simply at another level.

I didn’t see any Sterling posters come on here and talk about how great Sterling is? Including myself, show me one post in this thread where anyone said we were great and we’re going to beat Saint Rita?
Naturally we thought it would be a better game and weren't expecting a beat down like we got but everyone seemed humble enough, this game taught me to be even more humble, Sterling could play with about any public school in the state and did, even beating several 6A and 7A teams along the way, but your conference is simply at another level.

Look man you just gotta stop. You realize Sycamore has an unreal team that would have been an uphill battle to try to beat? Hillcrest has a stud running back that would be hard to stop? Rochester is doing Rochester things up in 5a this year? Your words of Sterling could play with any public team in the state are bold and you need to just quit. It’s frustrating coming on here and seeing posts from you.

We rolled through a conference with a couple of average schools that had some excellent athletes. For the most part, those teams aren’t well coached and they don’t play defense. You were the only one on here talking about how we’ll be able to stop KB because our line was so good and everything. You were wrong. I think anyone that watched film going into the game Saturday had a worry if things didn’t go perfect that’s how the game might go. (Edit: I do want to say for the most part our d played well. Brown got loose a couple times and that’s what special players do. It was more the o couldn’t get started. That had a lot to do with SR’s talent and game plan. Very similar to Phillips a couple years ago.)

Alright that rant over.

New rant. As far as everything else that’s been posted about, Sterling’s in a tough spot with their location, size, demographics, etc. There’s not a lot of options for a conference switch but at least there are some non-con opportunities each year like someone mentioned that probably needs to be looked at. If they’re not good enough to get to 5 wins in the wb6 then they’re probably not good enough to make a run in the playoffs. Might as well beef it up a little.

Sterling’s going to be 5a basically guaranteed. There will always be a public like them trying to break through and then you have your usual privates and now your non-multiplied privates to get through. That is what it is. You can go through my posts, I don’t usually get into that debate but I will say a school of 570 males that have sent 51 athletes on to the division 1 level in the last 6 years is not on the same level of a public school of about 1050 that has sent maybe 51 male athletes to the d1 level in their history. The majority of those 51 knew they were going to be college athletes going into the selection of their school, the coaching didn’t turn them into those athletes (maybe a few got that extra push). And for those of you that say publics are being out-coached or out-worked, and just need to work harder, that’s just ignorance. Sterling’s got a great thing going from top down and have coaches and kids that work freaking hard. Sometimes you have the jimmys to get there and it doesn’t quite work out (‘16/‘17). Sometimes you don’t have the kids but still have a nice regular season as a product of the program consistency (‘19). Sometimes you just get a nice draw and make it further than most people thought (‘18). The bottom line is the program as a whole has coaches and kids that work their butt of each year and expectations are high for that to continue.

We got smoked on Saturday by a better team that’ll be in 5a again next year. I’ll assume there’ll be a lot of guys back in the weight room for Sterling this week getting after it to try and close the gap for next year.

Last edited:
Look man you just gotta stop. You realize Sycamore has an unreal team that would have been an uphill battle to try to beat? Hillcrest has a stud running back that would be hard to stop? Rochester is doing Rochester things up in 5a this year? Your words of Sterling could play with any public team in the state are bold and you need to just quit. It’s frustrating coming on here and seeing posts from you.

We rolled through a conference with a couple of average schools that had some excellent athletes. For the most part, those teams aren’t well coached and they don’t play defense. You were the only one on here talking about how we’ll be able to stop KB because our line was so good and everything. You were wrong. I think anyone that watched film going into the game Saturday had a worry if things didn’t go perfect that’s how the game might go.

Alright that rant over.

New rant. As far as everything else that’s been posted about, Sterling’s in a tough spot with their location, size, demographics, etc. There’s not a lot of options for a conference switch but at least there are some non-con opportunities each year like someone mentioned that probably needs to be looked at. If they’re not good enough to get to 5 wins in the wb6 then they’re probably not good enough to make a run in the playoffs. Might as well beef it up a little.

Sterling’s going to be 5a basically guaranteed. There will always be a public like them trying to break through and then you have your usual privates and now your non-multiplied privates to get through. That is what it is. You can go through my posts, I don’t usually get into that debate but I will say a school of 570 males that have sent 51 athletes on to the division 1 level in the last 6 years is not on the same level of a public school of about 1050 that has sent maybe 51 male athletes to the d1 level in their history. The majority of those 51 knew they were going to be college athletes going into the selection of their school, the coaching didn’t turn them into those athletes (maybe a few got that extra push). And for those of you that say publics are being out-coached or out-worked, and just need to work harder, that’s just ignorance. Sterling’s got a great thing going from top down and have coaches and kids that work freaking hard. Sometimes you have the jimmys to get there and it doesn’t quite work out (‘16/‘17). Sometimes you don’t have the kids but still have a nice regular season as a product of the program consistency (‘19). Sometimes you just get a nice draw and make it further than most people thought (‘18). The bottom line is the program as a whole has coaches and kids that work their butt of each year and expectations are high for that to continue.

We got smoked on Saturday by a better team that’ll be in 5a again next year. I’ll assume there’ll be a lot of guys back in the weight room for Sterling this week getting after it to try and close the gap for next year.
I would double like this post if I could.

Sounds like the people in Sterling just want to believe they're team was as dominant as their conference schedule told them it was. *Fart Noise* They had a very nice season this year and previous ones. They'll continue to have very nice seasons movie forward. Best of luck to their QB because he is quite a player. Unfortunately you can't fix the fact that the population is what it is. The argument stinks so much because people act like private schools get every kid they try to recruit. If MC could bring in more kids to the school and fill it back to the old student body size, wouldn't they be doing that? BR has lost about 150 kids in the school over the last 8 years. Privates survive, thrive or die based on their ability to recruit just to keep doors open because they don't get their town folk to walk in the door every August. "Let's say Alabama and Ohio State could pay their athletes while others couldn't..." Well Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, Penn St, and Oklahoma are all built within a 25 miles radius of each other.

Sterling could drop to 4A or 3A and still struggling getting to a state championship. Great competition is across the board. Its not the arrow, its the Indian (or in this case Warrior)

Sounds like the people in Sterling just want to believe they're team was as dominant as their conference schedule told them it was. *Fart Noise* They had a very nice season this year and previous ones. They'll continue to have very nice seasons movie forward. Best of luck to their QB because he is quite a player. Unfortunately you can't fix the fact that the population is what it is. The argument stinks so much because people act like private schools get every kid they try to recruit. If MC could bring in more kids to the school and fill it back to the old student body size, wouldn't they be doing that? BR has lost about 150 kids in the school over the last 8 years. Privates survive, thrive or die based on their ability to recruit just to keep doors open because they don't get their town folk to walk in the door every August. "Let's say Alabama and Ohio State could pay their athletes while others couldn't..." Well Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, Penn St, and Oklahoma are all built within a 25 miles radius of each other.

Sterling could drop to 4A or 3A and still struggling getting to a state championship. Great competition is across the board. Its not the arrow, its the Indian (or in this case Warrior)
You're an idiot

I believe the laughing joke at SR this week was Sterling's head coach told SR that "Sterling is a Saturday team". I'd hate to see what they would've looked like if they played Friday night like their 10 previous games before?

Reactions: Hillini74
Oh so you just don’t like the reality that you lost Saturday’s game...gotcha!
No, not at all. I'm fine with losing to a superior team, which Rita is. Just not a big fan of having it rubbed in our faces by the supposed Christians on here.

I believe the laughing joke at SR this week was Sterling's head coach told SR that "Sterling is a Saturday team". I'd hate to see what they would've looked like if they played Friday night like their 10 previous games before?

oh man. That is a funny one. The laughing joke? As opposed to the non laughing jokes people tell.

We rolled through a conference with a couple of average schools that had some excellent athletes. For the most part, those teams aren’t well coached and they don’t play defense. You were the only one on here talking about how we’ll be able to stop KB because our line was so good and everything. You were wrong. I think anyone that watched film going into the game Saturday had a worry if things didn’t go perfect that’s how the game might go. (Edit: I do want to say for the most part our d played well. Brown got loose a couple times and that’s what special players do. It was more the o couldn’t get started. That had a lot to do with SR’s talent and game plan. Very similar to Phillips a couple years ago.)

Alright that rant over.

*STANDING OVATION* this is 100% spot on!

Reactions: gw86 and Stable42
No, not at all. I'm fine with losing to a superior team, which Rita is. Just not a big fan of having it rubbed in our faces by the supposed Christians on here.

I have nothing but respect for Sterling. And I hope both teams are in 5A again for a potential rematch. BTW, what do the Warriors bring back next year? Will you be favorites in your conference next year?

I have nothing but respect for Sterling. And I hope both teams are in 5A again for a potential rematch. BTW, what do the Warriors bring back next year? Will you be favorites in your conference next year?

Thanks Witty. I’m not too sure on favorites for next year. I didn’t make it early enough for many freshman games or get to any sophomore games but I believe both levels were a little above .500. It’d still be tough to bet against Sterling being at least top 2 with the consistency the staff has built. Heck the seniors this year went 2-7 their freshman year and then lost a total of 3 games their junior/senior years.

Interior defense was young but will lose 76, dude was a beast. Linebackers all juniors or sophs. Lose a couple db’s but also had some young ones get a lot of reps.

Offensively decent amount of skill guys back. Two rb’s were juniors and one a sophomore. Need to develop the outside guys a little. HBack/DE #83 getting a lot of interest will be a senior. Will lose 76 and 53 from the o-line and they will be tough to replace.

Biggest ? is the qb situation. 12 got bottled up against SR but other than that was unreal all year. Great runner with a decent arm. There’s a few options but we’ll see who comes out of camp this summer as qb1.

Damn, I’m not trolling, I was a Naz guy then moved in 2016 and I’m posting from PA. These sterling guys are just gluttons for punishment.
CCLorBUST was certainly trolling.
I read the entire thread. One maybe overzealous Sterling fan. Many of the Rita and Montini or other CCL guys basically saying SR has no business in 5A, pre and post game. Most of the Sterling guys took their medicine. I though gw86 had one of the best posts I’ve read in a while.
No need to come here and gloat. Especially Naz guys.
I don’t get it, but if you are one of the folks that want public/private separation, I’d say you have the correct attitude.

Not gloating, and agree that GW, golden warrior and one or two others are top notch, but there are also more than one or two Sterling posters that have been over the top this year and in the past with posting towards their opponents regardless of private or public. Good luck going forward with the program.

CCLorBUST was certainly trolling.
I read the entire thread. One maybe overzealous Sterling fan. Many of the Rita and Montini or other CCL guys basically saying SR has no business in 5A, pre and post game. Most of the Sterling guys took their medicine. I though gw86 had one of the best posts I’ve read in a while.
No need to come here and gloat. Especially Naz guys.
I don’t get it, but if you are one of the folks that want public/private separation, I’d say you have the correct attitude.

Haha! Honestly, though, I have no idea how the IHSA does this classification thing. I was certainly shocked when I read that Cascia was going to be in 5A this year.

So, next year, they go up to 7A then?

I believe if Rita wins 3 playoff games this year, they will be multiplied once again, and thus be 7A next year. But who knows with the IHSA

Just to be clear here’s your humility....

“Cry me a river coach. The fact is that the players you have could NOT have transferred to teams like Lemont, sterling, Morris , Dunlap etc. it would not have been allowed. Yet it IS allowed for you. If you think that is an even playing field you are delusional.”

I'm Catholic as well. Went to Catholic school. That's where I learned humility. God Bless

Just to be clear here’s your humility....

“Cry me a river coach. The fact is that the players you have could NOT have transferred to teams like Lemont, sterling, Morris , Dunlap etc. it would not have been allowed. Yet it IS allowed for you. If you think that is an even playing field you are delusional.”
Yep, all true. Never said I wasn’t honest. Just humble. Try it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT