ADVERTISEMENT

Six Flags Vs. Swagger

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
Anyone coming to beautiful Park Ridge Friday night? Thoughts on the game?

This game will be a battle. Warren(home of Six Flags) is a different team from last year. Defense is very good but probably not as good as last year. Offense is way more versatile. QB can run and throw. Lots of speed.
MS is also a different team. Sajenko is gone. RBs are tough but not him. WRs are deep, big and fast. OL more experienced. Defense is stout especially upfront.

MS 14
Warren(home of Six Flags) 13

I will be there. I am taking the Flag by a TD. This game will be won in the trenches. MS QB will not have more than 2.5 - 3 sec Max to get ball out of hand. MS QB will be pressured this week. Warren is not 1 dimensional this year. Charlie Thompson is handful at RB (Same attributes as Mo Edwards). Adam (Warren QB) is run threat 6'4 (210lbs) has a gun and they Down State Track WR's. MS has a good set of WR's but Warren can match up with their WR's. Not sure what running game MS has but we will see. I am sure they held out some plays for Warren. This will be one of the more physical games of the year. This year MS is being hunted ... different than last year. Also the Refs will play apart hopefully they will let the game be won on the field. Just my biased thoughts ... lol. I am just glad Friday night football is back !

No more than 2.5-3 sec. Not 3.01 secs guys. Just 2.5-3.0 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Don't forget about those refs. They really will factor into this game.

They are being hunted. HUNTED!

Swagger wins.

Really don't know. I watched MS/Stevie and saw two different teams. If they come out against Warren like they came out against Stevie it could be a long night for the Hawks.

Can you name the last time anyone scored 28 points against them? Or even over 20? Your hate for that program is troublesome.
Lake your to invested. I don’t hate Warren I actually respect their program. I feel MS has a really good team and they are playing at home. MS has a propensity of being a high scoring team. If Warren has the defense that everyone is talking about then maybe I am completely wrong. In any case we will find out tomorrow night. Chill it’s only HS football 🏈 😊

Lake your to invested. I don’t hate Warren I actually respect their program. I feel MS has a really good team and they are playing at home. MS has a propensity of being a high scoring team. If Warren has the defense that everyone is talking about then maybe I am completely wrong. In any case we will find out tomorrow night. Chill it’s only HS football 🏈 😊
Nope not any longer - and to answer the question you ignored 43. 36 of the last 43 in single digits. You’re right we shall see.

Nope not any longer - and to answer the question you ignored 43. 36 of the last 43 in single digits. You’re right we shall see.
Every year every team is different. Let’s see just how good the defense is and how good MS offense is. Tomorrow night will be here before you know it. If I am wrong then I will eat crow. If your wrong ? Lol
Again it’s just HS football.

Last edited:
I know little about Warren other than their QB is ASU baseball recruit and they graduated a few studs from last years awesome defense. With that said, after watching MS last week, Inserra will have to play a safety over the top, otherwise Warren is for sure good for 2 long balls. I was very impressed by MS front 7 on D and young skill positions on offense. It hurts me to say it, but I think the Hawks control most of the game but Warren takes it 21-17 with 2 long TD’s

• Sad
Reactions: MS4EVER
Only reason Warren lost last year and didn't win state was the hyper conservative nature of the offense not even attempting to take advantage of the clear speed advantages they had on the outside. This year there's a concerted effort to get the ball to playmakers outside of the RB and that could mean curtains for folks. The DL isn't quite as good as last year but still very solid, and the secondary is definitely better. Warren was the better team last year despite the loss (MS essentially got two flukey big plays which led to their points) and Warren is highly motivated to take it to them this year. I'm not predicting scores but Warren is going to take this one. No disrespect to MS either as they're a good team, Warren was just a great example of a team handcuffing themselves at times and I think they've finally learned the lesson and they're letting these SR athletes cook this year.

Only reason Warren lost last year and didn't win state was the hyper conservative nature of the offense not even attempting to take advantage of the clear speed advantages they had on the outside. This year there's a concerted effort to get the ball to playmakers outside of the RB and that could mean curtains for folks. The DL isn't quite as good as last year but still very solid, and the secondary is definitely better. Warren was the better team last year despite the loss (MS essentially got two flukey big plays which led to their points) and Warren is highly motivated to take it to them this year. I'm not predicting scores but Warren is going to take this one. No disrespect to MS either as they're a good team, Warren was just a great example of a team handcuffing themselves at times and I think they've finally learned the lesson and they're letting these SR athletes cook this year.
The better team won last year, sorry. If you want to talk about “ flukey“’ plays, perhaps look no further than the Warren score off a snap over the punters head.

The better team won last year, sorry. If you want to talk about “ flukey“’ plays, perhaps look no further than the Warren score off a snap over the punters head.
I mean MS scored when a Warren DB fell down, then again after a long int return in which they proceeded to lose yardage on the drive then kicked a fg. Watching that game it was clear to me that Warren was better play to play. They moved the ball up and down the field as well. But they lost due to their ultra conservative scheme and philosophy. But everyone is free to have their opinion and the 1 fact is that MS won and made those big plays, flukey or not. My hope was that Warren would take those lessons moving forward but they pulled the same thing in the playoffs. Should be a good game tonight

I will believe when I see it. Every year we hear the offense will be better but then it is the same. Maybe this is the year

A lot of teams would love to be in Warren situation. Great athletes, send kids to college for free, highly competitive every year and when at a high percentage at a public school. Even if they lose a game here and there ... I am cool. Should be a great game. I am already at game watching JV play. Nice night for some football. 🎢💯

I will believe when I see it. Every year we hear the offense will be better but then it is the same. Maybe this is the year
That’s valid as thats been the same song being sung for like 6 years there lol. Well my kid is there now so Im hoping its different. If not though theyll still likely win out in conference and have a shot in the playoffs. Floor is high, hope they reach their ceiling for once

That’s valid as thats been the same song being sung for like 6 years there lol. Well my kid is there now so Im hoping its different. If not though theyll still likely win out in conference and have a shot in the playoffs. Floor is high, hope they reach their ceiling for once
I love their defense. Has been at the top of the state for several years but in 8A you have to be able to excel on both sides of the ball if you are going to win it all.

Refs definitely played a part in this game!! Horrible officiating!!
How so? Warren was called for at least twice the amount of penalties including a wildly soft facemask that led to MSs last TD, and also Warren had a TD called back in a goofy way with an official being overridden by a ref further away

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT