ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
This is the week that decides who's going to the big dance. Looks like we have some great match-ups tomorrow. For this weeks semifinal upset, we'll head out West for the (other) 7a game. This week's upset is..... The 10 - 2 & 13th seeded Trojans of Downers Grove North over the undefeated top seed Ironmen of Normal Community. Normal has been fantastic all season, pounding their opponents in every regular season game. The defense had 6 shutouts this year, and was never really tested, UNTIL....... The past 2 weeks. The Ironmen gave up 58 points in the last 2 weeks, making me wonder how good that defense really is. I like the Trojans, they are definitely battle tested. They've played St, Francis, DGS, OPRF, York,LT, Hersey and Lincoln Way West. They are ready. Their offense has been sold all year, scoring over 30 points per week. Don't forget, this one's in Downers. I'll take the Trojans tomorrow. Final score Downers Grove North 28 - Normal Community 17. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

Doesn't the team have to be an underdog to be an upset? The computers have DGN a 20.5 and 9 pt favorite

Doesn't the team have to be an underdog to be an upset? The computers have DGN a 20.5 and 9 pt favorite
Not my computer. In my world, the undefeated top seed is favored in the semifinals. It's not like this is a first round game with some untested CPL team. I'll take Normal and the points all day.

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I will allow it. I was holding my breath all week hoping this post wouldn't involve 'the beloved' in any capacity. They do not do fair well when feeto gives them a mention either as the dog or the favorite in his weekly post.

If DGN qualifies per Feeto's standards, then roll Trojans all the way. Other than that, no upsets for me

Reactions: barkpm
Funny the LZ HC said in an article that they are the underdog. They have the better record and competition. No prediction from me but this is a pretty even matchup.
LZ beat libertyville by 1 in OT in week 6 and CG clocked libertyville in the first round, i believe that's their only common opponent.

LZ beat libertyville by 1 in OT in week 6 and CG clocked libertyville in the first round, i believe that's their only common opponent.
I guess I’m looking where LZ landed in the polls all season and how they hung with Six Flags. Should be a great game either way.

Reactions: atrain97
If you listen to the NW Pom Pom podcast network CG is a running clock game....
Any podcast with Pom Pom in their name trying to discuss football is instantly disregarded. Before the FVC became a closed conference, and when LZ was in the conference, these games were classics, and I expect nothing less on saturday.

Is Naz over St. Francis an upset?
Not since David picked up his sling has there been a bigger mismatch. It was just 39,859 minutes ago that the high octane unstoppable previously ordained 2023 5A champs strolled into Lagrange Park in week 9 and beat up the meek and lowly here purely by luck over hyped Naz by 3 scores.

I wouldn’t call it an upset it’s downright Looney Tunes to think the Roadrunners will get away from the Coyote this time. 😏 meep! meep!

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
This is the week that decides who's going to the big dance. Looks like we have some great match-ups tomorrow. For this weeks semifinal upset, we'll head out West for the (other) 7a game. This week's upset is..... The 10 - 2 & 13th seeded Trojans of Downers Grove North over the undefeated top seed Ironmen of Normal Community. Normal has been fantastic all season, pounding their opponents in every regular season game. The defense had 6 shutouts this year, and was never really tested, UNTIL....... The past 2 weeks. The Ironmen gave up 58 points in the last 2 weeks, making me wonder how good that defense really is. I like the Trojans, they are definitely battle tested. They've played St, Francis, DGS, OPRF, York,LT, Hersey and Lincoln Way West. They are ready. Their offense has been sold all year, scoring over 30 points per week. Don't forget, this one's in Downers. I'll take the Trojans tomorrow. Final score Downers Grove North 28 - Normal Community 17. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?
Don't see Downers North beating Normal as an upset.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Is this game at Wilmington? @Wilmatucky what's the word down there?

Wilmo all day if they are home.
Not so fast my friend. Wilmington was extremely fortunate to win last week. Seneca had the ball first and goal three times and did not score. M-F is loaded with speed and no doubt the most athletic team Wilmington has faced all season. They destroyed a very good Bloomington Central Catholic team last Saturday to get here.

Would love to see a York v Barrington final. LA v LWE is getting old and too boring to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT