ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 Games

stl705

May 9, 2006
Unlike round 1, I see a lot of interesting and close round 2 games:

5A
-Glenbard South @ Naz. I see a close game here, GBS has a solid balance of offense and defense to try and combat Naz skill guys.
-Sycamore @ Morgan Park
-Morris @ SHG

7A
-Downers North @ Hersey. I like Hersey but DGN has a proven schedule to hang in and give itself a chance imo.
-Quincy @ Wheaton North. Should be a good game, Quincy offense is really dangerous but not sure they’ve played a team as good and deep as WN.

8A
-Glenbard West @ Edwardsville
-York @ Lyons rematch
-Warren @ South Elgin
-Naperville Central @ Barrington. Think Barrington wins but NC defense vs Barrington O seems like fun matchup.

Thoughts on any of these or others?

Reactions: 4Afan and cigaros
Unlike round 1, I see a lot of interesting and close round 2 games:

5A
-Glenbard South @ Naz. I see a close game here, GBS has a solid balance of offense and defense to try and combat Naz skill guys.
-Sycamore @ Morgan Park
-Morris @ SHG

7A
-Downers North @ Hersey. I like Hersey but DGN has a proven schedule to hang in and give itself a chance imo.
-Quincy @ Wheaton North. Should be a good game, Quincy offense is really dangerous but not sure they’ve played a team as good and deep as WN.

8A
-Glenbard West @ Edwardsville
-York @ Lyons rematch
-Warren @ South Elgin
-Naperville Central @ Barrington. Think Barrington wins but NC defense vs Barrington O seems like fun matchup.

Thoughts on any of these or others?
I don’t see the SHG Morris game being very close. Morris handles the run very very well. Frankly, they handle all aspects of defense very very well. I would love to see Sacred Heart Griffin do something amazing this season with their inexperienced squad. However, I think Saturday night is the beginning of basketball season for them.

Did I read correctly in another thread that IC will not be at full strength next week?
Depending on who IC has available, that game up in Rockford could be a real good one and a potential upset imho.

Reactions: FB1976 and cigaros
Did I read correctly in another thread that IC will not be at full strength next week?
Depending on who IC has available, that game up in Rockford could be a real good one and a potential upset imho.
Thought about mentioning that one.. I believe I read on here the D1 TE got ejected last week so he’ll be out this week? Maybe someone can verify. I still expect IC to win but doesn’t help.

Reactions: cigaros
If IC loses their second round game because of the immature behavior of one of their players, causing a one game suspension, should the trophy just be headed to Rochester now?

1A - Chicago Hope vs. Aurora Christian: Who does God love more?
2A - Wilmington vs. Downs Tri-Valley: Rematch from last year's 2nd round game
4A - Wheaton Academy vs. St. Viator
4A - IC vs. Boylan
5A - Sterling vs. St. Francis: Should be an easy St. Francis win but weird things can happen when teams play twice in the same season.
5A - Hillcrest vs. Metamora: probably one of the better downstate games
6A - Lake Zurich vs. Kaneland: No one talking about the 3rd I8 team in the playoffs

Reactions: doctor_d
If IC loses their second round game because of the immature behavior of one of their players, causing a one game suspension, should the trophy just be headed to Rochester now?
Hand the trophy to Rochester now. I already have my ring ordered.

2A- watch for QND and whatever backwoods barnyard school they're playing. Everyone in the state will have their eye on whether or not they can stop the inevitable running clock coming QNDs way.

4A- with $250 on the line watch for Rochester to running clock Coal City sometime early in the 3rd quarter. Once the clock huts Titletown will have some chump change earned easily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT