ADVERTISEMENT

Off season round ball thread

They've been inconsistent also, but tend to show up against top teams. We don't have much size so they like to turn you over and score quickly in transition rather than half court sets. The past couple games Aurora West and Oswego East did a good job of protecting the ball and not getting into track meets. We're really tough to defend if we get the big fella Kam Leonard in a rhythm early on.
Sounds like it's going to be a great game.

One of the issues I have with the double DQ is that a team down in a playoff game can try to muck it up and cause both teams to lose if the other team reacts. I think if Farragut is eliminated from the next game you have to eliminate North Lawndale from next year's 1st Rd. That is unless Farragut was found more at fault for this instance.

The video didn't really show much. It would be interesting to hear the IHSA's thought process. As for the fans, not sure what you can do about that. I know at the Brook/Aurora West game an unruly West Aurora fan got ejected. Personally I would have ejected anyone cheering for anybody but Raiders. That's unruly.

So DePaul Prep gets to rest too and send their entire staff to their possible opppnents’ game - there are related impacts by this knee-jerk decision.

Maybe they were following Alton Protocol should that team have advanced.

One of the issues I have with the double DQ is that a team down in a playoff game can try to muck it up and cause both teams to lose if the other team reacts. I think if Farragut is eliminated from the next game you have to eliminate North Lawndale from next year's 1st Rd. That is unless Farragut was found more at fault for this instance.

The video didn't really show much. It would be interesting to hear the IHSA's thought process. As for the fans, not sure what you can do about that. I know at the Brook/Aurora West game an unruly West Aurora fan got ejected. Personally I would have ejected anyone cheering for anybody but Raiders. That's unruly.

Don’t leave the bench. You’re ejected if you leave the bench during a fight. Both teams left the bench so there’s no one left to play DePaul by rule anyways. Hard to say when it’s not your friends being mobbed but you gotta stay on the bench and let your coaches go sort that mess out.

Don’t leave the bench. You’re ejected if you leave the bench during a fight. Both teams left the bench so there’s no one left to play DePaul by rule anyways. Hard to say when it’s not your friends being mobbed but you gotta stay on the bench and let your coaches go sort that mess out.
But this doesn't do anything to the losing team, which was my point. They lose 50 seconds of a basketball game. Furthermore, that gives incentive for losing teams to goon it up.I'm definitely not one of those that criticizes the IHSA no matter what they do, I think most times they're between a rock and a hard place, and this is no different.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
But this doesn't do anything to the losing team, which was my point. They lose 50 seconds of a basketball game. Furthermore, that gives incentive for losing teams to goon it up.I'm definitely not one of those that criticizes the IHSA no matter what they do, I think most times they're between a rock and a hard place, and this is no different.
I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. Even if there’s an imposed penalty for the following season what’s to stop some senior from just saying f this. Ejections do carry over to the next season for underclassmen and I think they cain be forced to sit in their next sport if they play in the spring/fall(don’t quote me on that one).

I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. Even if there’s an imposed penalty for the following season what’s to stop some senior from just saying f this. Ejections do carry over to the next season for underclassmen and I think they cain be forced to sit in their next sport if they play in the spring/fall(don’t quote me on that one).

So essentially only winning teams get punished. That's what I have the issue with. And if only the winning team is punished I have an issue with the system. I understand the whole come off the bench argument.

If any of you know of a streaming links (especially for the Bolingbrook game) that are not pay-per-view, could you post them?

Really looking forward to this one. It might be beneficial to tournament popularity and attendance if match ups like these happened in the final four...
Yeah, im not too keen on the Aurora E Sectional playing the E Moline Sectional, then the winner facing the winner of Northwestern. Aurora E should play Bartlett then the winner face the Sears Center winner.

In other words Brook vs Geneva and the winner gets the winner of Evanston v Stevenson.

Yeah, im not too keen on the Aurora E Sectional playing the E Moline Sectional, then the winner facing the winner of Northwestern. Aurora E should play Bartlett then the winner face the Sears Center winner.

In other words Brook vs Geneva and the winner gets the winner of Evanston v Stevenson.

As far as Sectional and Supers go, I agree the Southern Illinois teams throw a wrench into everything, travel wise, so somebody from Chicagoland will get stuck making the trip to play us at some point.

A simple re-seeding of the final four each year would end of the problems with this at state. You cannot count on certain super sectionals to be good year in/year out minus Chicago Public will always have a powerhouse.

As far as Sectional and Supers go, I agree the Southern Illinois teams throw a wrench into everything, travel wise, so somebody from Chicagoland will get stuck making the trip to play us at some point.

A simple re-seeding of the final four each year would end of the problems with this at state. You cannot count on certain super sectionals to be good year in/year out minus Chicago Public will always have a powerhouse.
No problem with the trip, just would rather play Geneva than BVW and to get to the championship game would rather play an Evanston we already beat than Curie or Simeon. Purely selfish motivation.

Personally I love going down to ISU and the St. Louis area.

Walk away from my computer for a 1/2 hour, come back at 7 p.m. to watch the ESL and BW games and both decided they have to load Windows updates before it will allow me to do anything. Sounds like BW started slow but has gradually taken control. Have not had a chance to check in on ESL yet.

Going about how I expected especially since we aren't getting to the foul line on our drives. May have to start the press.

West dominating the boards and the brook is struggling from beyond the arc. 37-29 Belleville West at half

I am surprised how poor EJ has looked with the ball in his hands. Have not seen him play like that in that aspect of the game before. Seems to be moving to fast when dribbling. Credit to Bolingbrook.

Bolingbrook press causing all kinds of problems. Another TO off inbounds following time out. Bb ball.

Congrats to the Belleville faction. Tough team. We would have had to get more calls and press all 4 qtrs to come away with the win. Not sure why we didn't press when that's our bread and butter.

But I'm pulling for the Maroons repeat.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
52-50 ... 36.5 left and Hargrove at the line and can tie.

First is good. Tied.

Flyers time out.

SSE ball at the far baseline.

ESL PICKS IT OFF AND SCORES ... 1.9 left flyers up ... all ESL HAS TO DO IS INBOUNDS CLEANLY ...

East St. Louis 55, Springfield Southeast 52 with 1.9 second left. Hargrove has one more foul shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT