ADVERTISEMENT

Off season round ball thread

I’ve been told no by @EdgyTim ...

But yeah, they are!

Just beat Number 30 max preps and defending undefeated 17/18 LA state champs and others in Washington, IL.

Along with EJ is the All State DE Randolph, returning point guard shorty and the IL 18th rated sophomore. Oh .... and a 6/5 miraculous move-in Schumpter round out the starters.

They will play Simeon at the early OFallon showcase event. They are going to the KY shootout and I’m sure they are scouting in highland for late winter Monster Matchup.

I think West does well, yes.

I’ve been told no by @EdgyTim ...

But yeah, they are!

Just beat Number 30 max preps and defending undefeated 17/18 LA state champs and others in Washington, IL.

Along with EJ is the All State DE Randolph, returning point guard shorty and the IL 18th rated sophomore. Oh .... and a 6/5 miraculous move-in Schumpter round out the starters.

They will play Simeon at the early OFallon showcase event. They are going to the KY shootout and I’m sure they are scouting in highland for late winter Monster Matchup.

I think West does well, yes.

I saw Randolph from BW up close and honestly I wouldn't want to try to fight him for a rebound.

WWS breaking out the 5 guard Princeton back cut offense again this year, not all bad considering they have won 52 games the last two years using it.

I saw Randolph from BW up close and honestly I wouldn't want to try to fight him for a rebound.

WWS breaking out the 5 guard Princeton back cut offense again this year, not all bad considering they have won 52 games the last two years using it.
also noticed WWS new cast of characters same results. Are they still running the same organized chaos they did a couple years ago?

Keep an eye out in the northwest burbs in rolling meadows. Word on the street is max Christie is going to be the best recruit out of the burbs since brunson.
That's what Joe and Mike were saying. I'm not as big on seeing random teams in hoops as I am in football, but their gushing made me want to get out to see the kid.

Gone are the days of low post/high post play with a guard and two wings.
We basically run 4 guards and a big and try to press you and run you to death. Works against most teams don't see it prevailing against the top teams. But it's a good use of what we have.

also noticed WWS new cast of characters same results. Are they still running the same organized chaos they did a couple years ago?

I’m going to watch them Friday night against Geneva which should be a good game. They basically press with little guys on defense then run a very patient half court offense that is back cuts and ball movement for open 3’s. The basketball program changed coaches about 4-5 years ago and the results have been tremendous. They will never beat an elite team in the state but they will win a lot of games and advance in the playoffs.

I’m going to watch them Friday night against Geneva which should be a good game. They basically press with little guys on defense then run a very patient half court offense that is back cuts and ball movement for open 3’s. The basketball program changed coaches about 4-5 years ago and the results have been tremendous. They will never beat an elite team in the state but they will win a lot of games and advance in the playoffs.
Just don’t comment about their style on twitter, their super fans are about as sensitive as the INP.

Just don’t comment about their style on twitter, their super fans are about as sensitive as the INP.

I’ll have to look them up I didn’t know anyone even knew WWS had a basketball team.

I’ll have to look them up I didn’t know anyone even knew WWS had a basketball team.
I went to their MLK day tournament a few years back with my old man to watch OPRF also I had a buddy reffing so I got a chance to go into the generous hospitality room. After seeing WWS a couple times there you could understand how they win a bunch of games even if it wasnt cute. It worked which is all that matters.

I went to their MLK day tournament a few years back with my old man to watch OPRF also I had a buddy reffing so I got a chance to go into the generous hospitality room. After seeing WWS a couple times there you could understand how they win a bunch of games even if it wasnt cute. It worked which is all that matters.

The MLK tourney is great weekend I go every year and spend my Saturday jumping between gyms watching the games with my kids.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Liddell

Watch your head!

I'm excited to see ST L play this weekend for the first time (ether vs Mount Carmel on Friday or vs Glenbard West Sat). They have started out 4-0 and they run an offense that attempts to get off a shot within 6 seconds of their possession utilizing 3 guards - averaging over 75 pts a game (3 running clocks) along with pressure defense up and down the court. Now the competition ramps up!! I'm excited for the program for sure but when I look around and see the caliber of local CPS teams like Bogan and Morgan Park it will take a small miracle for them to get out of their own sectional. But first things first and just win some games - tough games v Marist and Rita coming up

Darius Miles and Q Richarson ... this is hilarious!

Picture this. I’m 18 years old. I just got drafted by the Clippers ... with my boy Q...

Anyway, they messed around and gave us millions of dollars and put us in Los Angeles, of all places. Only Donald Sterling could’ve been wild enough to sign off on that. Right after the draft, I’m on a private plane to L.A. with Q, and we’re just lookin’ at one another like, Bruh. Bruh. We on a PJ.

I mean, I’m from East St Louis.

Q is from the Wild Hunneds.

My momma drove a school bus.

Q’s daddy drove the L Train.

Now we’re sitting on the PJ, bro? We made it.

So we land and it’s like straight outta the movies ― dude is standing next to the black town car holding up a sign with our names on it.

Editor’s note: Like he’s about pass the Grey Poupon.
(MY NOTE: Q is the Editor.)

Just so we don't forget the other Winter Sport...Wresting. The Caravan vs. Montini this weekend is going to be a battle. Expect the usual suspects in the Top 5 this year with Montini the elite team again followed by Marmion, Mt. Carmel, OPRF and maybe a rebounding Lockport team or a handful of others including Dekalb, Yorkville, Libertyville and a very tough SCE team.

SCE vs. GBN tonight could determine the conference championship of the new DuKane Conference. The Falcons will be a lot tougher than prognosticators expect. Not even in the Top 25 right now but I expect that to change dramatically as the season progresses.

Good luck to all wrestlers this season!

West beat Callaway, MS - tightest game of the year - 74-68.

Now 6-0, along with Urbana, the Maroons have played teams from a SC, AL, LA, KY and MS.

Low scoring total was 66-30 a giants SC and Highest was 84-73 against LA.

Currently, per Maxpreps, #1 in IL is Crossroads Christian out of Big Rock with York #2. BVW is #8.

West up to #2 still behind Crossroads, Raiders drop to 57th.
This is what it shows now:

Belleville West Basketball
Xcellent 25 Rank 14
National Rank 40
State (IL) Rank 2

If they can run this table, I think the team goes down as one of the best in the state.

Belleville East (Belleville, IL)

@ Edwardsville (Edwardsville, IL)

@ East St. Louis (East St. Louis, IL)

Christian Brothers (St. Louis, MO)

O'Fallon (O'Fallon, IL)

Game Details: Centralia Holiday Tournament

Alton (Alton, IL)

Vashon (St. Louis, MO) – Whooped Morgan Park.

Collinsville (Collinsville, IL)

Three Games: Bass Pro ToC Springfield, MO

Edwardsville (Edwardsville, IL)

Springfield Southeast (Springfield, IL)

@ O'Fallon (O'Fallon, IL)

Simeon (Chicago, IL)

East St. Louis (East St. Louis, IL)

@ Belleville East (Belleville, IL)

@ Collinsville (Collinsville, IL)

Chaminade (St. Louis, MO)

@ Alton (Alton, IL)

Granite City (Granite City, IL)

Crossroads Christian? What is the story on them? I have never heard of that school.
Result of the algorithm I assume. I've also never heard of them, been out to Big Rock once though.

Crossroads Christian? What is the story on them? I have never heard of that school.

Crossroads is a home school team out of Big Rock (just west of Yorkville). Imagine all the best Christian home school athletes in the far western suburbs and into corn country creating a super-team.

I don't think anyone wants to play them. Most of their games are out of state tournaments. See here...
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...usaders-(big-rock,il)/basketball/schedule.htm

They do have a game coming up against Hales-Franciscan, so I guess we'll find out how good they really are. You would think they would want to get on Aurora Christian's schedule since there are geographically close.

Another problem with Crossroads is they only have 13 games on their schedule, which seems silly.

IMO, remove these guys from the rankings all together. If they are not going to play a normal schedule (they primarily play other home school squads) then they should not be ranked with other schools. Give them a home school national ranking since that's what they are but don't lump them in with the public/private high schools with 25+ game schedules. Are they even eligible for the IHSA tournament? I don't think so. They are not in a "conference" so not eligible to play in or win a conference tournament.

Aurora Christian off to another strong start.
Currently ranked #16 in IL. (overly generous ranking IMO)
Only loss is to the #2 team in Utah, a school with the tallest high school basketball player in country (7'-4").

AC was beating Marmion by 21 at the half if you want to have a local measuring stick game.

AC has a fairly easy schedule upcoming but will be challenged at the State Farm Classic in Bloomington - a tournament they won last year.

There are a handful of strong teams in the Metro. Wheaton Academy and St. Francis always seem to have quality basketball programs so we'll see how AC fares in those contests. Toughest competition will be 2 games vs. Riverside-Brookfield (currently ranked #6).

These early season rankings don't mean much IMO. Waubonsee Valley beat Marmion 70-29 and is ranked #20 even though #16 AC beat Marmion 64-59. It is silly for AC to be ranked ahead of WV, so I take little credence in the rankings.

AC will do well with another 20+ win season and likely be one of the top 10 teams in Class 2A, make it to Sections etc. Don't think they are a state champ calibur but a strong, balanced team.

Last night was a big night for st Laurence and York. The Dukes upset Benet in Lisle. The Vikings with a buzzer beater v Providence st Mel

Of course York is not 2 but boy they are for real. Upset over Benet last night. They are exciting to watch Small squad but they have a kid that could jump out of the gym. They also beat LT last Friday Well coached good kids

I saw that score and was pleasantly surprised. Benet is yearly one of my favorite teams to watch, I know some people that will beat me up for saying it, but I have an appreciation for their brand; fundamentally sound, hit open shots, and won't beat themselves. I also like that they show up in blazers and khakis, it stands out.

I saw that score and was pleasantly surprised. Benet is yearly one of my favorite teams to watch, I know some people that will beat me up for saying it, but I have an appreciation for their brand; fundamentally sound, hit open shots, and won't beat themselves. I also like that they show up in blazers and khakis, it stands out.
York was up by 8 with under a minute in regulation but Benet forced OT But the OT belonged to York. They could have easily folded. First trip to Benet for b-ball. Nice experience. The sophs went to double OT

MC is actually doing pretty good! 6-1, I think they won 8 all last year.

Benet is the Loyola of Illinois high school hoops.

Side note, I saw Max Christie play last night against Palatine. He had a quiet 36.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT