ADVERTISEMENT

Off season round ball thread

Or bi three to get up to 66-64 deficient with 21.1 left.

Turnover Brook. Now called a jump

Brook ball. On their baseline 15.1 left.

66-64.

Oe foul. Missed free throws

66-64 Brook 8 seconds left. Had a foul to give. In fact two- Brook fouls and kills time

2.9 left for an inbound - theee rims out. Brook wins.

Oh my heart. Oswego just wouldn't go away, I hate that! Aurora West has a great gym, but to get out the parking lot takes longer than the game. ISU Tuesday!

On a positive note, 4A is shaping up to be a great elite eight

Evanston - One of the top ranked teams in state, could have a nice path to finals.
vs.
Lincolnshire Stevenson - program who has been there before, not scared of spotlight

Geneva- looked very solid as of late
vs.
Rockford East- been rolling through playoffs and has a great win over ESTL in Collinsville holiday classic

Bolingbrook - appears on fire and topped West in a few summer tourneys
vs.
Belleville West - defending champ playing like they still have something to prove

Curie - who’s paying for my ticket up north?!?
vs.
Simeon - This is a must watch!!

Congratulations to the Cissna Park Timberwolves, who play for their first basketball title tomorrow afternoon in 1A. Their first state title in any sport was their coop 8 man football championship with Milford in November (also Milford's first title in any sport). Interestingly, their closest game in the playoffs prior to today's final four win was the Regional title game win over...Milford. St. Mel will be quite a challenge in the title game...

Moreover, its the last game as head coach for Kevin Long, who has been HC since ;95-96 and won 450+ games - 6 regionals, 3 sectionals, and an Elite 8 prior to this year. Quite a feat for a coach at a school of 97 students this year...

Danville gave them more of a game than most people were predicting
All I’m going by is the game report and the up/down nature of the scoring spread.

West beat a 30-win team that played its “best game,” meaning that they hit deep with a man in their face and floated shots higher than they’ve ever needed before to evade EJ’s swats, which the STL Post reports he had five. They will be back - three sophomores and a junior started.

West got a 12-point win after a few-hour bus ride to the Sectional final’s host venue. Not bad.

Only Stevenson and Evanston had bigger margins of victory as the field narrowed to eight teams in a pretty good hoops state.

I’m very much looking forward to West v. Brook.

And I wish ESL could have been the ones to take out MP. They have a barnburner with SSE - winner takes 3a, I think.

To

I haven’t seen any footage, but from all accounts this was easily the right call.

Rough fouls happen in basketball, but they can’t turn into free-for-all’s with fans getting involved.

Hate to see this tarnish a solid night of IHSA hoops

After seeing the brief footage shown on high school lites I think Farraguat got unjustly tossed. Maybe their is more to it then what was shown last night.

There were much larger crowds at just about every other venue around the state last night yet somehow they couldn’t control the crowd at North Lawndale last night. Rivalry or not this stuff has to stop - hopefully this sends a message.

Reactions: Quags57
Yet another episode of violence breaking out in a public setting. Brawls at sporting events and eating establishments are becoming more commonplace. Each individual can be left to determine any similarities among the many incidents.

Give the IHSA credit for doing the right thing and forfeiting both teams. Maybe these kids will learn a lesson.

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
Watched the Belleville West/Alton game and the Maroons looked scary good in the 2nd half. 'Brook will have to try to get Lidell in foul trouble by forcing it in to the big guy on the block. He's just too much of a presence in the paint and we like layups and dunks.

I am also not sure if we can press West with success. They have to be the heavy favorites in this one. Maybe with the long drive West will take a half to get going and we can build a big enough lead and hold on to win late?

Watched the Belleville West/Alton game and the Maroons looked scary good in the 2nd half. 'Brook will have to try to get Lidell in foul trouble by forcing it in to the big guy on the block. He's just too much of a presence in the paint and we like layups and dunks.

I am also not sure if we can press West with success. They have to be the heavy favorites in this one. Maybe with the long drive West will take a half to get going and we can build a big enough lead and hold on to win late?
I know your sandbag prowess ... but this is good!

I know your sandbag prowess ... but this is good!
No sandbags, just trying to come up with a winning strategy. I know attempting a bunch of layups with EJ in the lane isn't it. That's why if we can get him a couple early fouls it would be extremely helpful.

Belleville West did look good against Alton, but consistency has been an issue for the past few weeks. What's the scoop on Bolingbrook's consistent play at their best? I think that Belleville West is going to have to be at their best from here on out to have a chance against teams like Bolingbrook.

Belleville West did look good against Alton, but consistency has been an issue for the past few weeks. What's the scoop on Bolingbrook's consistent play at their best? I think that Belleville West is going to have to be at their best from here on out to have a chance against teams like Bolingbrook.
They've been inconsistent also, but tend to show up against top teams. We don't have much size so they like to turn you over and score quickly in transition rather than half court sets. The past couple games Aurora West and Oswego East did a good job of protecting the ball and not getting into track meets. We're really tough to defend if we get the big fella Kam Leonard in a rhythm early on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT