ADVERTISEMENT

Off season round ball thread

In other words, Southeast is looking for a handout. There was a lot of chaos as the Southeast player instigated a double tech resulting in an East St Louis player being ejected with “1.9 seconds” remaining in the contest. To even mention a potential oversight on behalf of the officials while being down 4 with again “1.9 seconds” remaining is a stretch to the side of being pathetic. Accept the hard fought loss.

All.... Brilliant first post./s (snark) Actually USD24 reply to yours pretty much sums it up. By the way I'm not a Spartan fan or follower whatsoever. Just like to see five on each side and when not the resulting penalty. Quite simple really. Ratsy PS. I eagerly await your next thought provoking retort should the spirit inspire you to do so.

In other words, Southeast is looking for a handout. There was a lot of chaos as the Southeast player instigated a double tech resulting in an East St Louis player being ejected with “1.9 seconds” remaining in the contest. To even mention a potential oversight on behalf of the officials while being down 4 with again “1.9 seconds” remaining is a stretch to the side of being pathetic. Accept the hard fought loss.

All.... Brilliant first post./s (snark) Actually USD24 reply to yours pretty much sums it up. By the way I'm not a Spartan fan or follower whatsoever. Just like to see five on each side and when not the resulting penalty. Quite simple really. Ratsy PS. I eagerly await your next thought provoking retort should the spirit inspire you to do so.

I honestly wish they would have called so people can move on. The game is over period!

Kid arriving from Champaign at about 7:40 ... excited to see her but ... glad she is fasting so I don’t feel obligated to take her to dinner tonight, as the rest of her requested menu will have me cookin all weekend, every meal.

Watching on NFHS on laptop, getting broadcast delayed message. Fricking metro-east charter decided not to pick games up with local teams playing.

Belleville West definitely looked like the better team in the first half, but there's little doubt that Curie will maker their run at some point in the 2nd half. Should be a tight finish. On another note, I'm kind of tired of hearing about BelleVUE West again this year...lol

I've lived in the metro-east for almost 20 years, grew up near the Quad Cities, and my parents still think I live in Bellevue. I've given up and just go with it.

Curie is just too short and skinny. I figured they would hit more open shots.

Curie seems to be getting chippie but EJ's played against too good of competition for that. Rest of the guys need to keep their composure.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
I saw EJ and his dad at St. Clair Square the day before he announced for Ohio State and he was wearing bright Orange, Illinois-colored, shoes. I was so hopeful.

missed freethrows keeping this from being a 20+ game. Chicago media tried to hype up Curie, but it's not to be. BVW should handle Evanston too.

Prolly rank the elite 8:

Belleville W
Alton
'Brook
Evanston
Curie
Simeon
Rockford E
Geneva

Could the top three teams in the state all be from the same conference?
BW, ESL, Alton? And it's not like the CPL with dozens of teams. It's what eight schools? (TBH, if East Side doesn't play better than it did against Manual it will probably lose to Bogan. Unless Hargrove just imposes his will, which is very possible).

Where do you put ESL in that mix?
I didnt watch the 3A games, and havent seen ESL this year, but based on beating Southeast and winning conference you have to put them somewhere in that top 4. I am a proponent to letting the games count so I'd be forced to go #1. But BVW is playing great basketball right now.

I really thought that this was going to be a close and competitive game. Never would have thought that this one would end with the reserves in. Wow. Crusader has been saying all year that the Southwestern Conference was the best in the state this year...

I think when West went through that lull, it was just a tired team.
It was not long after they had played some of the top teams in the country at the Bassmasters Classic.
It also was when EJ was dealing with an ankle injury. He missed the Collinsville loss. When the Maroons are clicking they are the best.

I think when West went through that lull, it was just a tired team.
It was not long after they had played some of the top teams in the country at the Bassmasters Classic.
It also was when EJ was dealing with an ankle injury. He missed the Collinsville loss. When the Maroons are clicking they are the best.

Can't overlook Evanston, but I agree.

ADVERTISEMENT