ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 8

You got video of it? I was about 15 yards away and myself and a bunch of Glenwood fans all agreed it was clearly out.

Calls did seem one-sided.

I remain baffled why Glenwood continually refuses to open up their passing game.
NFHS is what I was watching and it clearly was out. SHG got a lot of homer calls. Life has a way to even things out! Chatham will need to run the ball in the playoffs but when they should've passed they ran and vice versa... Chathams line looks big but still just another RPO finesse blocking!

All... What an absoluletly fun game to watch. Cycs getting better every game. Titans every time on 3rd and long found a way to keep the drives going. Last series in ot for SHG on fourth down the entire stadium knew it would be a run to Mikey including the Titans d. fwiw. Next week Rocketland. Congrats to Chatham when they had to come up with a big play they did. Ratsy

Reactions: AlabamaTimberwolf
QND 54
Lincoln 12
Final

7th in a row. 7-1... Trek down 72 to Soy City next week
MacArthur is deflated. Thier body language after the clock Rochester put on them was apparent all the way to the locker room. Me thinks it's best to end the season early for them so the Raiders can get back to the west side of the state in time for trick or treating.
Classic Film Time GIF by Warner Archive

All... What an absoluletly fun game to watch. Cycs getting better every game. Titans every time on 3rd and long found a way to keep the drives going. Last series in ot for SHG on fourth down the entire stadium knew it would be a run to Mikey including the Titans d. fwiw. Next week Rocketland. Congrats to Chatham when they had to come up with a big play they did. Rats
Unless they lose a lot SHG will be a load to handle!

All..... The game video clip with the fumble no call. My philosophy has always been don't put yourself in a situation where your teams fate is put in the hands of another. Make sure you are up by at least nine late in the game. lol.... Easier said then done. Still a very nice comeback for the Cycs as they improve. I included the Coach Allison clip from SHG video as well. He is correct they had many chances not really converted. But that kind of "stuff" is going to happen when a team is very very young. Congrats to QB Brinkman on even playing the game. He was about at 50% sick getting over the flu I believe and Munch out last week playing beat up. Get healthy because postseason is just around the corner. First round draw in the playoffs could be very interesting. Ratsy

Yes, Rat, that was a tough loss to take but the Cyclones did leave themselves open to an ending just as the one that occurred. I also agree to your earlier post that everyone in the house knew that hand off to Mikey was coming. I almost think it would have been better to kick a field goal and take our chances on defense. As for next week they'll need to bring their "A" game and keep it up for 4 quarters if they have any chance of winning that game. Should they not come out on top then you are correct, the playoff pairings will be very "interesting" as you put it. I do have a question regarding next season. The success tax goes away next year, so with that will SHG be in 4A or is there a chance of them slipping to 3A ? It seems to me Montini went 3A last year with an enrollment of 526.

Yes, Rat, that was a tough loss to take but the Cyclones did leave themselves open to an ending just as the one that occurred. I also agree to your earlier post that everyone in the house knew that hand off to Mikey was coming. I almost think it would have been better to kick a field goal and take our chances on defense. As for next week they'll need to bring their "A" game and keep it up for 4 quarters if they have any chance of winning that game. Should they not come out on top then you are correct, the playoff pairings will be very "interesting" as you put it. I do have a question regarding next season. The success tax goes away next year, so with that will SHG be in 4A or is there a chance of them slipping to 3A ? It seems to me Montini went 3A last year with an enrollment of 526.

This should be of assistance to you. The first link describes how the multiplier and success factors are applied. The second link is a list of the schools by enrollment (actual numbers). In 2023, SHG had 1 playoff victory. This year is still to be determined. Apply the actual enrollment of SHG to aid your answer.

This should be of assistance to you. The first link describes how the multiplier and success factors are applied. The second link is a list of the schools by enrollment (actual numbers). In 2023, SHG had 1 playoff victory. This year is still to be determined. Apply the actual enrollment of SHG to aid your answer.
What happened to the rule proposal about the sizing of private schools changing to a system of average enrollments of schools within their recruitment areas? I thought it had passed phase I approval or whatever the process is.

Reactions: cigaros
What happened to the rule proposal about the sizing of private schools changing to a system of average enrollments of schools within their recruitment areas? I thought it had passed phase I approval or whatever the process is.
I cannot explain the inane decision making which goes into the high school playoff system.

I agree with the multiplier for private and charter schools. I am a product of Jesuit school which many do not like.

I completely disagree with the idea of separate championships for public and private. Too many public schools have proven the separate playoffs is an argument for those who like participation trophies.

I agree with the playoff point system.

I agree with seeding 1-32 for playoffs as it creates the hardest and easiest path for schools which performed or did not during the regular season. It makes absolutely zero sense as to why it is not implemented in classes 1 thru 6. The same people arguing in favor of a separate championship for public and private also argue in favor of districting while arguing against 1-32 due to the travel burden. These people forget districting would cause increase travel upon ALL schools during the 9-game season, no matter the success level. Whereas the 1-32 seeding would only increase travel upon the successful teams on a shrinking number of schools as the playoffs progressed. It seems the loudest mouths at the influential levels have dropped out of or refused to take PHIL 102, 202, and/or 453 (Illinois) or PHIL 112, 202, and/or MTH210 (ISU).

All.... I have mentioned this at games among the faithful since the start of the season. Should SHG not win two postseason games when the new two year enrollment average which starts in 2025 they will not be multiplied. And yes I also did a research on what class should that happen. Based only on historical past averages which gives a peek but the landscape of the eight postseason classes is dramatically changing due to 8 man football and overall drop in school enrollment around the state. So it can give only a basis to start.

I have been given conflicting SHG student enrollment numbers. Was told it was 525 but the SHG program I had at the game this week shows 551. And remember it's a two year average from the recent past. Anway using those past numbers the Cyclones (postseason) would be one of the largest teams in 3A or one of the smallest in 4A. I would lean to 4A but it all depends of course how the specific season is going.

I don't subscibe to any newspapers so I don't get the Soucie's projections on 2024. But bust the numbers on occasion. Of course SHG will be 5A and in the south. The two "top" teams (record wise) in that bracket of 16 likely will be Morgan Park and Triad both 8-1. There will be no 9 -0 schools in the south. But much can and will happen in the final regular season week that will change . Several 5-4's with a smattering of 6-3's some 7-2's and if I'm correct on placement two 8-1's. in the 16. 6-3 by the way can at times give a school a tougher first rounder then a 5-4 who draws a team they believe can be played better. Several afternoon Saturday games this week have the potential when they are done to move schools in a different slot for the playoffs. So it's wait and see till Saturday evening when the 256 qualifiers are announced. Ratsy

I cannot explain the inane decision making which goes into the high school playoff system.

I agree with the multiplier for private and charter schools. I am a product of Jesuit school which many do not like.

I completely disagree with the idea of separate championships for public and private. Too many public schools have proven the separate playoffs is an argument for those who like participation trophies.

I agree with the playoff point system.

I agree with seeding 1-32 for playoffs as it creates the hardest and easiest path for schools which performed or did not during the regular season. It makes absolutely zero sense as to why it is not implemented in classes 1 thru 6. The same people arguing in favor of a separate championship for public and private also argue in favor of districting while arguing against 1-32 due to the travel burden. These people forget districting would cause increase travel upon ALL schools during the 9-game season, no matter the success level. Whereas the 1-32 seeding would only increase travel upon the successful teams on a shrinking number of schools as the playoffs progressed. It seems the loudest mouths at the influential levels have dropped out of or refused to take PHIL 102, 202, and/or 453 (Illinois) or PHIL 112, 202, and/or MTH210 (ISU).
I agree with what you posted but my Catholic buddies don't mind an all Private school playoffs because the outcome will most likely be the same. They believe by having the private only playoff you eliminate the wasted games and mismatches. They know that private schools have the upper hand and that the state will do something sooner than later.

Reactions: cigaros
All.... I have mentioned this at games among the faithful since the start of the season. Should SHG not win two postseason games when the new two year enrollment average which starts in 2025 they will not be multiplied. And yes I also did a research on what class should that happen. Based only on historical past averages which gives a peek but the landscape of the eight postseason classes is dramatically changing due to 8 man football and overall drop in school enrollment around the state. So it can give only a basis to start.

I have been given conflicting SHG student enrollment numbers. Was told it was 525 but the SHG program I had at the game this week shows 551. And remember it's a two year average from the recent past. Anway using those past numbers the Cyclones (postseason) would be one of the largest teams in 3A or one of the smallest in 4A. I would lean to 4A but it all depends of course how the specific season is going.

I don't subscibe to any newspapers so I don't get the Soucie's projections on 2024. But bust the numbers on occasion. Of course SHG will be 5A and in the south. The two "top" teams (record wise) in that bracket of 16 likely will be Morgan Park and Triad both 8-1. There will be no 9 -0 schools in the south. But much can and will happen in the final regular season week that will change . Several 5-4's with a smattering of 6-3's some 7-2's and if I'm correct on placement two 8-1's. in the 16. 6-3 by the way can at times give a school a tougher first rounder then a 5-4 who draws a team they believe can be played better. Several afternoon Saturday games this week have the potential when they are done to move schools in a different slot for the playoffs. So it's wait and see till Saturday evening when the 256 qualifiers are announced. Ratsy
Also possibility that Naz and JCA to end up there as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT