ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 8

rocketnation

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2017
The first week of conference cross division contests. While Friday projects a high of 70 degrees, it should feel like fall for the first time this season by kickoff.

Friday
Eisenhower (0-7) at Lanphier (0-7)
The battle of the Panthers versus the Lions will result in someone getting their 1st win. The Panthers have played somewhat better this season. Eisenhower 40 Lanphier 18. Massey prediction: Eisenhower 41 Lanphier 22.

Southeast (1-6) at U High (5-2)
The Spartans got their 1st win last week but don't expect them to go back-to-back against the Pioneers. U High 55 Southeast 14. Massey prediction: U High 48 Southeast 13.

Lincoin (4-3) at QND (6-1)
When Lincoln has played teams with a winning record this season, they have been outscored 172-7. QND, along with U High, has been the biggest positive surprise of the conference. The Raiders should win comfortably and also have a great chance to go 8-1. QND 42 Lincoln 7. Massey prediction: QND 42 Lincoln 7.

MacArthur (2-5) at Jacksonville (4-3)
These schools have battled closely several times recently, including a playoff deciding Week 9 contest in 2021 and a 1-point outcome last year. The Crimsons have been clearly better this season and have a great chance to get their 5th win at home with their strong running attack. After seeing Mac last week, they are in a bit of a rebuilding mode. Jacksonville 33 MacArthur 12. Massey prediction: Jacksonville 36 MacArthur 26.

Chatham (5-2) at SHG (5-2)
The Game of the Week. This matchup looked a lot different three weeks ago, after Chatham walloped Rochester and QND did the same to SHG. Since then, the Titans have underperformed twice on the road struggling to finish off MacArthur in Week 5 until the 4th Quarter and losing by three scores to U High in Week 6. SHG looked their best of the season last week in pulling away from Springfield in the 2nd half with a strong running game and winning 35-7. I've mentioned this several times before but am still unaware of the status of Titan WR Blake Lehnen who has been out injured most of the season. Should he play, Lehnen is an extra weapon for Chatham. SHG's defense performed very well last week and will get back their two starting DE's who were serving a 1-game suspension in Week 7. They need another strong defensive effort. There is a definite Cyclone win scenario here, especially since the game is at KL Stadium and the Cycs have dominated the series since Chatham last won in 2019. The Titans biggest advantage is having QB Colten Knoedler, who will be making his 20th career start. Properly protected, he will pick apart a defense. This is a QB driven league. I think Knoedler makes enough plays to pull out a narrow Chatham win. Chatham 27 SHG 23. Massey prediction: SHG 35 Chatham 28.

Saturday
Rochester (5-2) at Springfield (5-2)
Rochester's 2nd Saturday game of the season, coming off back-to-back shutouts of Eisenhower and MacArthur. Springfield had a tough loss to SHG last week but is playoff eligible and has the capability to score lots of points having an experienced QB, good Receivers, and a hard-running big back. Derek has mostly gone with Tanner Beal at QB since the injuries to Zulauf and Carlson but has also used Sophomore JP Leonard at times in both the last two games. Each team is hoping to have the opportunity to get 7 wins, which makes getting a 1st round home playoff game more likely. Rochester 39 Springfield 14. Massey prediction: Rochester 42 Springfield 7.

Last edited:
Taking the weak schedule Springfield has had thus far, 20-29 overall, and the quality of opponents they've beaten, 9-26, and comparing it to the overall ranking of their schedule, an average 261st rated team....I think Rochester puts a clock on them as well.

Rochester's overall opponent record is 28-20 and their defeated opponent's record is 17-18. They play an opponent with an overall rating of 162, losing only to 4th ranked Cardinal Ritter and 66th ranked Glenwood.

The common opponent being MacArthur, whom Springfield beat 21-7 and Rochester had a running clock after the 1st possession of the 2nd half.

This is due to be another short game on the District 186 field.

That said, Mac did find some openings down field. But those were quickly sealed off when Buecker adapted and the Rockets turned them into 2 picks.

This will be my final post of the '24 season.

The weekly CS8 thread has become a platform for continuous non-football back and forth arguments that show no sign of ending.

Last year, we had Gross Noises lobbing insults left and right. This year has, at times, rivaled the worst of GN.

The feedback from the rest of the board is in. Look at the Week 7 comments from the non-CS8 posters. It's a mix of those asking (and not for the 1st time) for this to stop or wishing a pox on all involved in more expressive terms. Has had no impact.

I'm not going to tell anyone what they can/can't post. Just don't feel it's my place.

Perhaps by ending the platform that allows this back and forth to continue it will fizzle out. That may be a naive hope.

If nothing else, though, it might contain the back and forth to a single thread instead of having it jump from one to another each week all the way through Week 14.

Wishing all a great rest of the season and a Thanskgiving trip to ISU.

rocket nation please do not let that stop you I enjoy your weekly threat I do not comment on a lot of stuff but enjoy your thread please continue. I think maybe Edgy needs to impose a 30 ban on some maybe they will get the point. Some type of punishment is a must.

Reactions: FB1976

The weekly CS8 thread has become a platform for continuous non-football back and forth arguments that show no sign of ending.

Last year, we had Gross Noises lobbing insults left and right. This year has, at times, rivaled the worst of GN.

The feedback from the rest of the board is in. Look at the Week 7 comments from the non-CS8 posters. It's a mix of those asking (and not for the 1st time) for this to stop or wishing a pox on all involved in more expressive terms. Has had no impact.

I'm not going to tell anyone what they can/can't post. Just don't feel it's my place.

Perhaps by ending the platform that allows this back and forth to continue it will fizzle out. That may be a naive hope.

If nothing else, though, it might contain the back and forth to a single thread instead of having it jump from one to another each week all the way through Week 14.

So sorry to hear this, thank you for all of your amazing work

All.... Rocketnation if you are still planning on attending the Cyclone/Chatham game and have time the rodents tailgate soiree will be going on. Stop by for a visit if the spirit takes you to do so. At the Griffin woods old soccer field grass area down at the end in the "corner" (of course!) where a pop up tent will be sitting and an SHG flag flying high. Plenty of parking. (ignore the Chatham flags and their contingent that will be whooping it up ☺️) A west side entrance to the stadium sits right off this area for easy access. Ratsy P.S. This morning on Sports radio 1450 Sammy mentioned tonight at the annual board meeting in Rochester some former players would be in attendance to speak. He provided no other details other then being informed about this last Friday.

Last edited:

I encourage you to continue!~ You do a very good job and I feel I have contributed to the very problem that you sited and Im sorry! Please reconsider and keep us with your well thought analysis of the CS8!

Please reconsider rocketnation! Your content stands alone above all the rest in terms of quality, depth of analysis, and prognostication.

Perhaps if the two instigators can agree to knock it off for the rest of the season????

Please reconsider rocketnation! Your content stands alone above all the rest in terms of quality, depth of analysis, and prognostication.

Perhaps if the two instigators can agree to knock it off for the rest of the season????
I agree to stop insulting Quincy as the Hell by Hannibal and admit I was wrong in not believing QND would hit .500 if Roamin stops celebrating his part in injuring players, falsely insinuatating people from Chatham and Rochester are bigots, trolling on a fanpage which supports our program, and spreading falsehoods about coaches or players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT