ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA Top 50 Programs

If you count 1974 and 2024, and all the years in between, that would be a total of 51 years.

Just like 9 - 1 = 8. But if you count from 1 to 9, you have counted a total of 9 numbers.

So if the IHSA started with the year 1974 and wanted to use a total of 50 years, they would end with 2023.
E does in fact equal m c squared

Reactions: crusader_of_90
This is a horse pucky list. We are behind teams that have 100 less wins than us, less all staters, less all Americans, less D1 and NFL players.
Comical that you feel the need to mention D1 or NFL players. It's irrelevant to the list but you need to keep pissing that useless tidbit into the wind. Were you counting your D1 players after they lost to camp point central last year?

Additionally team(s) with 100 less wins in the past 50 years? i see one, Prairie Ridge. Prairie Ridge started their program 27 years ago and in that time has had an equal number of title appearances and wins to althoff, in 6a, 21 playoff appearances in 27 years of the program existing, and many playoff appearances that were ended by teams that we're sure to see in the top 30. Every other school released so far ahead of althoff is ahead in at least 3 of the 4 noted statistical categories.

Reactions: k1867
Comical that you feel the need to mention D1 or NFL players. It's irrelevant to the list but you need to keep pissing that useless tidbit into the wind. Were you counting your D1 players after they lost to camp point central last year?

Additionally team(s) with 100 less wins in the past 50 years? i see one, Prairie Ridge. Prairie Ridge started their program 27 years ago and in that time has had an equal number of title appearances and wins to althoff, in 6a, 21 playoff appearances in 27 years of the program existing, and many playoff appearances that were ended by teams that we're sure to see in the top 30. Every other school released so far ahead of althoff is ahead in at least 3 of the 4 noted statistical categories.
Three state titles in five visits - 329 wins, almost ALL played above their weight class.

As Wilt said to MJ, they changed the rules so I could not dominate. They changed the rules so you could.

Three state titles in five visits - 329 wins, almost ALL played above their weight class.

As Wilt said to MJ, they changed the rules so I could not dominate. They changed the rules so you could.
You say 329 wins an 3 wins of 5 appearances like that proves they should be higher on the list. 329 wins is less wins than everyone above them except for PR (who also had three state titles in five visits over the course of half the time). almost every school on the list has equal or better appearances/titles. both your points are bad and easily refuted, so you're just quoting some irrelevant tripe to cya

You say 329 wins an 3 wins of 5 appearances like that proves they should be higher on the list. 329 wins is less wins than everyone above them except for PR (who also had three state titles in five visits over the course of half the time). almost every school on the list has equal or better appearances/titles. both your points are bad and easily refuted, so you're just quoting some irrelevant tripe to cya
100 wins is 100 wins ... and when has PR ever played above their weight class? Woeful Huntley does not count.

#33 Richards (Oak Lawn)

The 1989 4A title game against Morris is probably one of my first football memories and also one of the best games I have still ever seen. The reminder in the write up about the INT on the last play of regulation that Morris came so close to returning for a TD is still heart breaking.
I think Reents played linebacker on that Morris team?

This is about the 50 years of IHSA playoffs and Althoff has made the playoffs 26 times. Tough to rank them higher when they've only been there half the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT