ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Predictions-Week 11

So you agree that this 9th title is a foregone conclusion. You are softer than lady bugs and grandmas. I can hear your heart beating faster everytme you see there have been more GrossNoises. It's nice to see you work up the courage to reply to me versus reporting me, you freaking pansy.

Look at the Rochester sidelines and stands during a game. Derek is more than complicit with the GrossNoises we scream all fall.

If you listen even closer you can hear the clock already ticking away on Coal City's season. A lot of Busch heavies are about to be demolished this Friday night on the long drive home.
I would like all of the Coal City fans to understand this Gross Noises boy is just happy to be here since his mom can afford unlimited internet now that her OF page reached 10 subscribers. Don’t let his comments reflect Coach Leonard from either Rochester or SHG.

Reactions: Coalertown44
I would like all of the Coal City fans to understand this Gross Noises boy is just happy to be here since his mom can afford unlimited internet now that her OF page reached 10 subscribers. Don’t let his comments reflect Coach Leonard from either Rochester or SHG.

Everyone knows nobody in Coal City can read. They will get the full Rocket effect this Friday night. Nobody makes GrossNoises like the village of Rochester once that 40 point lead is hit and we can finally go get a workout in. Since these GrossNoises have become much more prolific I will use my platform to promote relevant businesses the great unwashed from Coal City may enjoy.

Someone will need to read to this them once they wake up, but in terms of bars they will feel more comfortable to look no further than George Ranks. They have an outdoor section that is totally not for smoking pot (wink wink). You could also hit up Hooters off 72 on your way down from that dump and get some pot next door after you buy some overpriced beer from the local 5s. The Curve is a good place to go get knocked out by a Rochester guy after our kids smoke yours on the field and it's open later than most establishments.

Either way, save some beer and pot for the rest of us.

• Haha
Reactions: cigaros and FB1976
Everyone knows nobody in Coal City can read. They will get the full Rocket effect this Friday night. Nobody makes GrossNoises like the village of Rochester once that 40 point lead is hit and we can finally go get a workout in. Since these GrossNoises have become much more prolific I will use my platform to promote relevant businesses the great unwashed from Coal City may enjoy.

Someone will need to read to this them once they wake up, but in terms of bars they will feel more comfortable to look no further than George Ranks. They have an outdoor section that is totally not for smoking pot (wink wink). You could also hit up Hooters off 72 on your way down from that dump and get some pot next door after you buy some overpriced beer from the local 5s. The Curve is a good place to go get knocked out by a Rochester guy after our kids smoke yours on the field and it's open later than most establishments.

Either way, save some beer and pot for the rest of us.
Are you smoking my stuff? I only send that out to select vetted distributors.

Bet the house on Rochester running the clock on the Carhartt clan. @circletrack32 is definitely nervous he put all his valuables up (250 American dollars) against that line. I can't wait to see the check. You're going to have to make a video of yourself writing it out and turning it in. I'm still deciding what the memo says, it can't be more embarrassing than having to be yourself day in and day out. All this humiliation because you heard those GrossNoises and let bravado overcome you. May this be a lesson you won't soon forget.

Rochester would running clock Morris and they knew that. That's why they enrolled dead people to get the bump to the safety of 5A so they didn't have to feel this Rocket
Alright young fella you’re batting O for against me. I’m not a CC guy, I’m not a Morris guy, my wife and girlfriend have never said I need male enhancement, I don’t play the slots, Blackjack and roulette are a whole lot better. And my 150 crane job (if you even know what that is) can suffice my spending habits quite well and I wouldn’t pass up 1400$ working on a Saturday to watch a football game so I most likely won’t be at SHG. With that being said I haven’t seen you say you’d uphold your end of our wager! Now I may be drunk on miller lites every day. (Busch heavy is nasty BTW I don’t recommend it). But I still have not seen you say you’d uphold your end. Do you? If so I’ll be more than happy to uphold my end. At the end of the day it’s chump change and going to a good cause. Put up or shut up young fella that’s how adults do things.
Btw you say Rochester would clock Morris but you have Morris beating SHG by 35? Didn’t your beloved only beat SHG by 10 2 weeks ago? I’m trying to find the logic in that?!
I know it’s all hypothetical but I woulda wagered a whole paycheck to you yourself if you would have predicted that if Morris and Rochester would have played this year.

Last thing. At least we somewhat agree on the Chatham outcome, this maybe a blooming moment to our new found friendship!

Honest question is the Roch/CC game gonna be streamed on the Roch tv website?

Reactions: cigaros
Alright young fella you’re batting O for against me. I’m not a CC guy, I’m not a Morris guy, my wife and girlfriend have never said I need male enhancement, I don’t play the slots, Blackjack and roulette are a whole lot better. And my 150 crane job (if you even know what that is) can suffice my spending habits quite well and I wouldn’t pass up 1400$ working on a Saturday to watch a football game so I most likely won’t be at SHG. With that being said I haven’t seen you say you’d uphold your end of our wager! Now I may be drunk on miller lites every day. (Busch heavy is nasty BTW I don’t recommend it). But I still have not seen you say you’d uphold your end. Do you? If so I’ll be more than happy to uphold my end. At the end of the day it’s chump change and going to a good cause. Put up or shut up young fella that’s how adults do things.
Btw you say Rochester would clock Morris but you have Morris beating SHG by 35? Didn’t your beloved only beat SHG by 10 2 weeks ago? I’m trying to find the logic in that?!
I know it’s all hypothetical but I woulda wagered a whole paycheck to you yourself if you would have predicted that if Morris and Rochester would have played this year.

Last thing. At least we somewhat agree on the Chatham outcome, this maybe a blooming moment to our new found friendship!

Yes

I accepted your bet immediately. You are so unhinged and I don't think it's because of these GrossNoises. It appears you came out the box defective. I'll be there tonight in person radiating through the atmosphere. You can watch on Rochester's live stream. You might as well write the check now. I can help you with the spelling.

• Haha
Final
Rochester 45 Coal City 3
Rochester fumbled on the first play of the game deep in their own territory. The defense held Coal City to a Field Goal and then didn't allow another score. Henry Buecker had 3 TD's, 2 receiving and 1 rushing and Eli Carlson had 2 rushing TD's to lead the offense. Some sloppiness by the offense was mixed in with big plays from the passing game. However, the defense consistently held the Coalers to 3 and outs or short drives. Rochester gets the winner of Breese Central and Mt Zion. If Breese wins, it's a home game. If Mt Zion wins, it's a trip to Macon County.

Reactions: net-se and FB1976
Final
Rochester 45 Coal City 3
Rochester fumbled on the first play of the game deep in their own territory. The defense held Coal City to a Field Goal and then didn't allow another score. Henry Buecker had 3 TD's, 2 receiving and 1 rushing and Eli Carlson had 2 rushing TD's to lead the offense. Some sloppiness by the offense was mixed in with big plays from the passing game. However, the defense consistently held the Coalers to 3 and outs or short drives. Rochester gets the winner of Breese Central and Mt Zion. If Breese wins, it's a home game. If Mt Zion wins, it's a trip to Macon County.
I can wait to see what GrossNoises has to say about the Macon County folk 🤣

Reactions: rocketnation
Didn't get the weekly South County paper in time for last night's Rochester game. Here are Mr. Pick'em's choices for this week.

Rochester 35 Coal City 14
Morris 35 SHG 20
Chatham 28 Richards 21

Reactions: FB1976 and net-se
Since the other thread got flushed in the GN debacle, I'd like to reiterate that the Coal City program was a class act last night. Clean, hard-nosed players and great fans. I had the pleasure of speaking with two Coal City dads before the game. Great guys and I wish them and the rest of Coal City the best of luck in the future!

Since the other thread got flushed in the GN debacle, I'd like to reiterate that the Coal City program was a class act last night. Clean, hard-nosed players and great fans. I had the pleasure of speaking with two Coal City dads before the game. Great guys and I wish them and the rest of Coal City the best of luck in the future!
Honestly, looking at all of the stats, the game film, and the play selection, I though Rochester would clock Coal. (Manteno throwing for 250+ yards was eye opening). However, there was potential for Coal utilize a game plan such as Breese did a couple years ago. Coincidentally, Rochester had a turnover on the first play of the game then as well. It was the only way Breese avoided a clock. The game got out of hand when Zulauf got some time to go down field and the receivers stayed patient.

Honestly, looking at all of the stats, the game film, and the play selection, I though Rochester would clock Coal. (Manteno throwing for 250+ yards was eye opening). However, there was potential for Coal utilize a game plan such as Breese did a couple years ago. Coincidentally, Rochester had a turnover on the first play of the game then as well. It was the only way Breese avoided a clock. The game got out of hand when Zulauf got some time to go down field and the receivers stayed patient.
The defense really set the tone as well when they stopped the Coalers cold following that first turnover. If they punch it in after the fumble, that might have given Coal City some momentum.

The defense really set the tone as well when they stopped the Coalers cold following that first turnover. If they punch it in after the fumble, that might have given Coal City some momentum.
This game really showed how fast the Rocket defense is. Their main back could not get around the ends at any point in the game. The difference between their game against U-High and the Rockets was glaring as the DBs finished the plays after the linebackers and ends strung out the play. This game sent a message, as if another needed to be sent to the run heavy North, that there is no running on a Steve Buecker defense this year.

The wind and lack of a solid passing game on Coal City's part didn't help their cause. Our LBs stacked the box and took away anything up the middle despite CC's great O-Line. I think the few 1st downs CC earned were when their RBs bounced outside.

Rochester's D when hitting on all cylinders is pretty much show-stopping for run dependent offenses. To have any success teams have to be able to run and pass, and consistently drop in quick crosses or outs with a fast pace of play. If you give Beucker and Clarke the opportunity to get the defense set, you're going to have a rough night.

The wind and lack of a solid passing game on Coal City's part didn't help their cause. Our LBs stacked the box and took away anything up the middle despite CC's great O-Line. I think the few 1st downs CC earned were when their RBs bounced outside.

Rochester's D when hitting on all cylinders is pretty much show-stopping for run dependent offenses. To have any success teams have to be able to run and pass, and consistently drop in quick crosses or outs with a fast pace of play. If you give Beucker and Clarke the opportunity to get the defense set, you're going to have a rough night.
Remember, the Rockets had to play with the same wind. Difference being Zulauf's ball has more zip whereas the Coal City QB puts a lot of air under his throws. Zulauf was actually overthrowing receivers both with and against the wind. And you make an interesting point which should also scare teams scouting Rochester. Chatham was successful in the 1st half as the Rocket DBs were playing zone. At halftime it was a close game. When the defense switched to man, the Titan offense went 3 and out alot. And the offense put a clock on Chatham. This translates to a lot of uncertainty when making an offensive game plan as the Rockets added two more interceptions to their season total. One going for a pick 6.

Reactions: FB1976
I think the fact CC had a few possessions at midfield with 4th down and less than 5 yards to go when trailing by multiple scores and choose to punt speaks to the the domination of the defense.

Final
Two hugely entertaining games this afternoon.

Morris 39 SHG 36
SHG led 9-0 early and it likely could've been 14-0 but for a quick whistle on a play ruled a safety that easily could have been called a fumble recovery for a TD. All the early momentum was with SHG. The Morris kicker was a huge asset to his team today. SHG should've had great field position after the post-safety free kick. However, the Morris kicker boomed it past the SHG returners and after tacking on a holding penalty, SHG started at their own ten-yard line. They then went three and out. SHG only had one chance to return a kickoff in the game, whereas Morris had several good returns and lost a punt return TD to a penalty. Morris rallied to take the lead at half 17-16 on a last second FG.

The lead changed hands multiple times in the 2nd half. At times, it appeared that SHG was going to pull off the upset. QB Levi Hanauer was outstanding, throwing for three TD's and running for 2. SHG did not turn the ball over. Morris lost two fumbles and had an interception. The main RB for Morris gutted out the second half with either an arm or shoulder injury. He scored the winning TD with a little more than a minute left. The Morris QB made some really nice throws in third and fourth down situations. SHG missed a long FG on the game's final play. A sack the play before the attempt moved them back about 5 yards and it hurt. A very tough loss for SHG. I'm sure Morris is thrilled to have escaped with the win. One observation about Morris. They are not nearly as big on the Offensive Line and on their defense as the team which battled the Rockets for the 2017 4A title. That could hurt them going forward in 5A.

Chatham 52 Richards 51 (Overtime)
So, coming back from the SHG game, the Chatham-Richards game was early in the 4th quarter. Richards led 31-28. Chatham couldn't stop Richards from getting big plays running and on special teams. Richards couldn't stop the Titans passing attack. Another huge game from QB Colton Knoedler and multiple Titan receivers. Just on the ride to dinner, the lead changed three more times, with Chatham going ahead 42-38 with about a minute left in regulation on a Knoedler short TD run.

What happened after that will have to wait for the 1450 highlights. All I can think of is that Richards could've returned the kickoff for a TD, but then the Titans were able to kick a FG to send it to OT? However, that's just a guess. Both teams scored in OT but Richards went for 2 points and the Titans were able to get a stop. A gutsy road win by Chatham and they will be rewarded with a home game in the Quarterfinals. However, they will face a very tough opponent in Washington who shutout Crete Monee today 21-0. Still, Coach Hay has to be thrilled to get another week of work with his young team.

Last edited:
Final
Two hugely entertaining games this afternoon.

Morris 39 SHG 36
SHG led 9-0 early and it likely could've been 14-0 but for a quick whistle on a play ruled a safety that easily could have been called a fumble recovery for a TD. All the early momentum was with SHG. The Morris kicker was a huge asset to his team today. SHG should've had great field position after the post-safety free kick. However, the Morris kicker boomed it past the SHG returners and after tacking on a holding penalty, SHG started at their own ten-yard line. They then went three and out. SHG only had one chance to return a kickoff in the game, whereas Morris had several good returns. Morris rallied to take the lead at half 17-16 on a last second FG.

The lead changed hands multiple times in the 2nd half. At times, it appeared that SHG was going to pull off the upset. QB Levi Hanauer was outstanding, throwing for three TD's and running for 2. SHG did not turn the ball over. Morris lost two fumbles and had an interception. The main RB for Morris gutted out the second half with either an arm or shoulder injury. He scored with a little more than a minute left. The Morris QB made some really nice throws in third and fourth down situations. SHG missed a long FG on the game's final play. A sack the play before the attempt moved them back about 5 yards and it hurt. A very tough loss for SHG. I'm sure Morris is thrilled to have escaped with the win. One observation about Morris. They are not nearly as big on the Offensive Line and on their defense as the team which battled the Rockets for the 2017 4A title. That could hurt them going forward in 5A.

So, coming back from the SHG game, the Chatham-Richards game was early in the 4th quarter. Richards led 31-28. Chatham couldn't stop Richards from getting big plays running and on special teams. Richards couldn't stop the Titans passing attack. Another huge game from QB Colton Knoedler and multiple Titan receivers. Just on the ride to dinner, the lead changed three more times, with Chatham going ahead 42-38 with about a minute left in regulation on a Knoedler short TD run.

What happened after that will have to wait for the 1450 highlights. All I can think of is that Richards could've returned the kickoff for a TD, but then the Titans were able to kick a FG to send it to OT? However, that's just a guess. A gutty road win for Chatham and they will be rewarded with a home game in the Quarterfinals. However, they will face a very tough opponent in Washington who shutout Crete Monee today 21-0. Still, Coach Hay has to be thrilled to get another week of work with his young team.
Agreed.

What happened after that will have to wait for the 1450 highlights. All I can think of is that Richards could've returned the kickoff for a TD, but then the Titans were able to kick a FG to send it to OT? However, that's just a guess. A gutty road win for Chatham and they will be rewarded with a home game in the Quarterfinals. However, they will face a very tough opponent in Washington who shutout Crete Monee today 21-0. Still, Coach Hay has to be thrilled to get another week of work with his young team.
I tuned in with Glenwood inside the 10. Tried a few times to score and had to kicked a FG.

Glenwood score on pass play on 1st play of OT. Xp was good. Richards gained 7 on 1st down and scored on 2nd down. Went for 2 and Glenwood stopped run attempt.

3 very competitive games today in the lower half of 4A south bracket.

Assuming Rockets win in 3rd round, there are traveling to southern IL for semi final.

I'm going to stop trying to predicted winners based on schedule. I thought for sure peoria notre dame and mt zion would have the upper hand based on playing at or above 4A vs. Harrisburg and breese central playing a schedule of 4A and below. Weather had no impacted so home field must have played a part.

Have no details on HHS and PND game, but I know BC got up 14 or 16 to 0 and held on to win 16 to 13.

618 folks must be dancing in the streets with number of teams still alive going into 3rd round.

3 very competitive games today in the lower half of 4A south bracket.

Assuming Rockets win in 3rd round, there are traveling to southern IL for semi final.

I'm going to stop trying to predicted winners based on schedule. I thought for sure peoria notre dame and mt zion would have the upper hand based on playing at or above 4A vs. Harrisburg and breese central playing a schedule of 4A and below. Weather had no impacted so home field must have played a part.

Have no details on HHS and PND game, but I know BC got up 14 or 16 to 0 and held on to win 16 to 13.

618 folks must be dancing in the streets with number of teams still alive going into 3rd round.
PND v Harrisburg went back and forth almost score for score to start the game... PND turned it over for Harrisburg to score before half making it 21-14 at half. PND scored in the 2nd half and got the 2 pt conversion, but so did Harrisburg late in the 4th and no extra point... ended 27-22

Unfortunately NHFS not having the game clock or score posted on the stream made it hard to determine at what point things were happening... that and my sh*t cell service...

Last edited:
PND v Harrisburg went back and forth almost score for score to start the game... PND turned it over for Harrisburg to score before half making it 21-14 at half. PND scored in the 2nd half and got the 2 pt conversion, but so did Harrisburg late in the 4th and no extra point... ended 27-22

Unfortunately NHFS not having the game clock or score posted on the stream made it hard to determine at what point things were happening... that and my sh*t cell service...
Thanks. I was going to check out the game and thought I caught the replay since score was 0 to 0 but it was live and I thought I got no time for that.

Thanks. I was going to check out the game and thought I caught the replay since score was 0 to 0 but it was live and I thought I got no time for that.
From what I could actually watch without buffering and not really knowing much about either team beforehand... it was pretty evenly matched... not much passing that I saw... mistakes especially 4th down turnovers really changed the tune on the game after the first quarter and a half... not a ton of insight, but I'm curious about Murphysboro vs. Harrisburg next week... I expected to see a bigger win from Murphysboro over Charleston... As great as the southern predictions and run downs are on here, it's hard to get much information for teams in the south.

All... IR a query if I may? I could of swore when that Rochester person GN yapped at you a correction was in order. He called you a dude. You said no althoughthat post disappeared a second later. Could be I had to many Nattys that evening? Ignore it should that be the case. Ratsy

All... IR a query if I may? I could of swore when that Rochester person GN yapped at you a correction was in order. He called you a dude. You said no althoughthat post disappeared a second later. Could be I had to many Nattys that evening? Ignore it should that be the case. Ratsy
I bet all those natty's that you know exactly who I am! Lol! 🤷‍♂️🤷🏼‍♀️ 🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT