ADVERTISEMENT

Byron

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
Byron to me was the most exciting team to watch last year. Although they are in 3A their offense was so explosive and I believe they have most everybody back.

What are your thoughts on Byron this upcoming year and where would you rank them overall in pre-season rankings?

A dream game match-up would be Rochester vs Byron.

Last edited:
All..... Tigers will be of course ranked #1 in 3A when the poll comes out. Your Broncos in the top 5 not far behind. Those very early rankings for the most part are based on last years performance.

Byron is loaded. What about Montini? Inside scoop?

Fwiw two projections show a Rocket/Tiger matchup based on last season favors Rochester by 3 to 4 points.

Fun to talk about but Byron is a solid 3A team. While Rochester's enrollment has fallen slightly (694 -2023) they will be 4A for quite sometime. Unless they decide to "open up" and build, build, build. Then the skys the limit. Like Chatham continues to do. But that is a story for another time. Ratsy

Reactions: Wassup13
All..... Tigers will be of course ranked #1 in 3A when the poll comes out. Your Broncos in the top 5 not far behind. Those very early rankings for the most part are based on last years performance.

Byron is loaded. What about Montini? Inside scoop?

Fwiw two projections show a Rocket/Tiger matchup based on last season favors Rochester by 3 to 4 points.

Fun to talk about but Byron is a solid 3A team. While Rochester's enrollment has fallen slightly (694 -2023) they will be 4A for quite sometime. Unless they decide to "open up" and build, build, build. Then the skys the limit. Like Chatham continues to do. But that is a story for another time. Ratsy
Dear Byron…..please please please play up in 4a.

Thank you,

IHSA Football Fan

All.... Great video. A Tiger/Rocket scrimmage game would of been a long road trip. About three hours. Reaching out to Coach Leonard I imagine Coach Boyer would of been fine to make the drive.

Maybe all those schools around the state that were concerned when 1- 32 was brought up for all classes will take note. Here is a gent that appears to be willing to incur the expense for a scrimmage game.....

The only thing I didn't get out of the video was what Belleville school will the Rockets scrimmage against? West, East, or better yet. Althoff! They have a nice "friendly" rivalry from the past. That would be a fun one. Ratsy

Edit- (9:44) Not official (in print) but as a rule a reliable source. Belleville (West) will play Rochester. Former Crusader HC Ken Turner is in his second season as HC of the Maroons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT