ADVERTISEMENT

CS8 Fall Schedule

rocketnation

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2017
Week 1 (Non-Conference Teams in Italics)
SHG at Normal Community
Lincoln at Lanphier
Southeast at MacArthur
Rochester at Peoria
Danville
at Chatham Glenwood
Jacksonville at Eisenhower
UHIgh at Springfield (Saturday)

Week 2
UHigh at SHG
Springfield at Rochester
Richwoods at Southeast
Chatham Glenwood at Lanphier
Eisenhower at Lincoln
MacArthur at Jacksonville

Week 3
SHG at Jacksonville
Rochester at MacArthur
Lincoln at Springfield
Southeast at UHigh
Lanphier at Champaign Central
Eisenhower at Chatham Glenwood

Week 4
Southeast at SHG
Jacksonville at Rochester
Chatham Glenwood at Springfield
Lanphier at Eisenhower
Peoria Manual at Lincoln
MacArthur at UHigh

Week 5
Springfield at SHG
Eisenhower at Rochester
Lincoln at Southeast
UHigh at Lanphier
Chatham Glenwood at MacArthur
Peoria ND at Jacksonville

Week 6
SHG at Chatham Glenwood
Jacksonville at Lincoln
Urbana at UHigh
MacArthur at Eisenhower
Southeast at Springfield (Saturday)
Rochester at Lanphier (Saturday)

Week 7
Eisenhower at SHG
Rochester at Lincoln
Normal West at Springfield
Jacksonville at Southeast
Lanphier at MacArthur
UHigh at Chatham Glenwood

Week 8
SHG at MacArthur
Chatham Glenwood at Rochester
Springfield at Jacksonville
Lincoln at UHigh
Champaign Centennial at Eisenhower
Southeast at Lanphier (Saturday)

Week 9
Rochester at SHG
Lanphier at Springfield
Eisenhower at Southeast
Lincoln at Chatham Glenwood
MacArthur at Bloomington
Jacksonville at UHigh

Conference games of particular interest
Week 2- MacArthur at Jacksonville. The winner has a much better chance of getting in the playoffs than the loser.
Week 4- Chatham Glenwood at Springfield. This should be a good marker of where each team is at. A chance for Springfield to show they belong in the Top 3 of the conference. Chatham historically has dominated this series.
Week 6- SHG at Chatham Glenwood. After back-to back wins in 2018 and 2019, Chatham has been beaten soundly by SHG the last three contests. A fairly inexperienced SHG team Week 1 will definitely be rounding into form by Week 6.
Week 8- Springfield at Jacksonville. Can Springfield get an important road win? How will Jacksonville's offense perform after losing 3-year starting QB Elijah Owens?
Week 9- Rochester at SHG. SHG gets their best-case scenario for this match up, a home game in Week 9. Can Rochester get its first win at Ken Leonard Stadium and forget the memory of last year's playoff implosion?

Last edited:
All.... Week one tough matches for SHG and Rochester. I have already looked hard at the Ironmen. SHG is going to be immediately tested on their run defense. Normal also has a good overall nucleus coming back. It all comes down to how quickly the Cyclones get seasoned. Week three is going to be very important for SHG.

Peoria loses much in graduation but has a few of last years studs back. SR. lb Rutherford lead the team in tackles with 91 and had 3 picks. The defense returns three. I watched a little bit of film on returning QB Gist who will be a senior. His style and throwing motion is a bit different. But he likes to do a short roll and releases very quickly. It worked last season throwing for over 2200 yards accounting for 29 td's. He had 9 picks. Four starters back on offense. Even on the road with what the Rockets have coming back I think they take the Lions.

Chatham is going to be young but have a boat load of players they can send at teams. Colten Knoedler is a scary good athlete. He will be a sophomore and should the Titans field some decent receivers the kid will do a lot of damage to defenses through the air. And he can run. Lastly have I mentioned SHS's defense is going to be really good. (lol) :eek: Ratsy

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketnation
The Week 1 non conference games are going to be very interesting. I need to learn more about Peoria, Normal Community, and Danville. Rochester needs a stronger Defense than the last two years if they want a realistic chance at getting back to a state championship game. They return 6 starters and have potential to be improved, but they will face a huge test from Peoria. I know very little about Normal Community, but they should have a bit of an advantage playing at home against an almost entirely new Cyclone squad. I think Danville and Chatham have met before in the playoffs. Danville was 6-4 last year. Chatham has greater program numbers than any other team in the conference and has focused recently on trying to increase the athleticism of all their teams. I'm curious as to whether this will result in their having a larger and more athletic offensive and defensive lines this year.

Last edited:
Rocketnation,

Thanks for starting a new thread for upcoming season.

In week 6, Springfield and Lanphier each are hosting on Saturday. Not sure why both games are being held on Saturday when the field would be unused Friday night. (Could be some other event scheduled but not sure what that be in the Fall.) Otherwise, it will be a twilight doubleheader like back in the days of all four schools playing at Memorial Field.

All..... Calling Rocketnation. I'm not complaining but is there a reason that the week nine game between the Cyclones and Rockets is being played at SHG? All these years it's been home and away over a two year period in that rotation. The Cycs get the home game for the second straight season. Big teams.com does show it and in 2024 have SHG traveling to Rochester.

Is the stadium being worked on that it won't be available? Kind of odd. Ratsy

All..... Calling Rocketnation. I'm not complaining but is there a reason that the week nine game between the Cyclones and Rockets is being played at SHG? All these years it's been home and away over a two year period in that rotation. The Cycs get the home game for the second straight season. Big teams.com does show it and in 2024 have SHG traveling to Rochester.

Not sure what is going on but Rochester gets Chatham (Week 8) and Jacksonville at home for the second straight season as well.

Excluding Lincoln and Peoria who they did not play last year, Rochester has all the remaining regular season games from 2022 at the same location in 2023, except for Lanphier which was at home in 2022 and will be at Memorial Stadium in 2023. For the 2nd year, they play Springfield, Mac, and SHG away and Jacksonville, Eisenhower, and Chatham at home.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
All.... Lincoln when they were in the CS8 came to a point of being non competitive in a very bad way. Watching them play was tough. Many games over in the first quarter.

Last two years going 4-5 but that was out of the Apollo and one of their w's both years was against non con Clinton.

I don't know if the Railsplitters end up quickly at the bottom of the CS8. Their season will be weeks 1 and 2 against Lanphier and Eisenhower. Take those two then Manual and Southeast (W4 andW 5) and U High week 8 will be what they look at hard.

Drop those first two and an already program that has trouble fielding decent numbers of available players could end up last on a regular basis. The Lincoln faithful wanted back into the CS8 because of basketball. I hope it doesn't end up at the expense of the football program. The last two years they were in the CS8 before leaving 2015 going 0-9 pf 40 pa 484. 2016 1-8 pf 63 pa 420. That one victory 21-20 over Lanphier. Ratsy

Last edited:

i haven't looked at it yet, but you can. are they trying to keep everybody at 5 and 4? 5 home/away and 4 home /away? in other words, no one has 6 home games and 3 aways or vise/versa.

i haven't looked at it yet, but you can. are they trying to keep everybody at 5 and 4? 5 home/away and 4 home /away? in other words, no one has 6 home games and 3 aways or vise/versa.
That must be the goal and the only way to achieve it with the one non conference game and not playing two conference teams is to have some games repeat their home/away locations from last season.

FWIW, Derek Parris has a nice podcast with Hank Beatty up now on Channel 1450.com. Mostly about his experience at the U of I so far but a little about Rochester, including an early offer by SIUC to one of the incoming Seniors.

All.... Lincoln when they were in the CS8 came to a point of being non competitive in a very bad way. Watching them play was tough. Many games over in the first quarter.

Last two years going 4-5 but that was out of the Apollo and one of their w's both years was against non con Clinton.

I don't know if the Railsplitters end up quickly at the bottom of the CS8. Their season will be weeks 1 and 2 against Lanphier and Eisenhower. Take those two then Manual and Southeast (W4 andW 5) and U High week 8 will be what they look at hard.

Drop those first two and an already program that has trouble fielding decent numbers of available players could end up last on a regular basis. The Lincoln faithful wanted back into the CS8 because of basketball. I hope it doesn't end up at the expense of the football program. The last two years they were in the CS8 before leaving 2015 going 0-9 pf 40 pa 484. 2016 1-8 pf 63 pa 420. That one victory 21-20 over Lanphier. Ratsy
They have 5 games against teams which have a history of not making the playoffs and often having only 1-2 wins. At this point though, I have no good sense as to the likelihood of Lincoln going say 4-1 against those teams or 1-4.

U High beat Lanphier, Eisenhower, and Southeast last year but lost the QB that was most of their offense to graduation. They also don't seem to get out many or any of their better basketball and baseball players out for football. Lanphier, Eisenhower, and Southeast each won only one game, and I don't currently see many positives moving forward to this season for them.

That must be the goal and the only way to achieve it with the one non conference game and not playing two conference teams is to have some games repeat their home/away locations from last season.

FWIW, Derek Parris has a nice podcast with Hank Beatty up now on Channel 1450.com. Mostly about his experience at the U of I so far but a little about Rochester, including an early offer by SIUC to one of the incoming Seniors.
since i figured it out you could've at least left me a like........😄

All.... Yep that is how it works. Here is SHG's 2024 schedule. (bigteams.com -calendar) And in 2025 the H @ A games just reverse. I would assume after those two years then some shifting of teams within the two divisions would change on who would play who. Ratsy

2024 (SHG)

(A) Christian Brothers H.S.
(H) Mascoutah
(H) Jacksonville
(A) Quincy (Notre Dame)
(H) Lanphier
(A) Southeast
(H) Springfield
(H) Chatham
(A) Rochester

Last edited:
All..... Rochester who has been on the open dates Ihsa board looking for week 1 and 2 games for 2024 and 2025 is no longer being showed. Rocketnation have you heard anything on those being filled? Ratsy

All..... Rochester who has been on the open dates Ihsa board looking for week 1 and 2 games for 2024 and 2025 is no longer being showed. Rocketnation have you heard anything on those being filled? Ratsy
I have not but will ask around next week at the Baseball Regionals, lots of football program folks at the games.

I have not but will ask around next week at the Baseball Regionals, lots of football program folks at the games.
All.... I rechecked and condensed everything I could find when the 2024 season starts among the 12 teams. Ratsy

Springfield -
W1 Champaign (Central)
W2 Decatur(MacArthur)

Lanphier -
W1 Lincoln
W2 East Peoria

SHG -
W1 CBC (Mo.)
W2 Mascoutah

Decatur (Eisenhower) -
W1 Streator
W2 Jacksonville

Decatur (MacArthur) -
W1 Mattoon
W2 Springfield

Jacksonville -
W1 Soldan (Mo.)
W2 Decatur (Eisenhower)

Normal University -
W1 Peoria (Manual)
W2 Bloomington

Lincoln -
W1 Lanphier
W2 Southeast

QND -
W1 Quincy
W2

Southeast -
W1
W2 Lincoln

Chatham -
W1 Edwardsville
W2

Rochester-
W1
W2

This is not CS=8 related but I noticed that Decatur St. Theresa put out their fall schedule. They now are playing as an independent after being voted out of their conference. They are playing the likes of Stockton and Lena-Winslow, (both regulars in the state finals year in and year out) 5A Highland, Althoff, Quincy Notre Dame, Breese Mater Dei, Principia, (a private school in St. Louis enrollment 457) and Tolono Unity and I believe Mowequa Central A and M. That's what happens when one's school is forced to go independent. And many of those games are on the road.....

All.... Well that was a short hiatus on the Ihsa open dates list for the Rockets. They are back on the "board" looking for week 1 and 2 games in the 2024 season. Ratsy

All.... Well that was a short hiatus on the Ihsa open dates list for the Rockets. They are back on the "board" looking for week 1 and 2 games in the 2024 season. Ratsy
Nothing but a hunch on my part, but I'm wondering if they are looking for an out of state game for one of the open dates. That would be a first for the program.

All..... Libertyville and St. Viator have been on the board for a week one game for 2024 and 2025 for quite some time. The problem of course with scheduling and playing traditional winning teams in non con games is not many takers want to go that route.

I just noticed Nazareth is looking for a week two game h and a starting in 2024. That would be an exciting match if the schools hooked up.

By the way Chatham is getting out ahead of procuring games. Up on that site searching for a game in 2026 already. Grab them as quick as you can get them. lol Ratsy

Last edited:
All..... The CS8 players for the Shrine Football all star game June 17. Ratsy

Blue-
CB Artez Hanson - SHS
OLB Ian Lichtenberger - Rochester
S Rodrick Milsap - MacArthur
WR Miles Stapleton - Chatham

Red-
T Grant Wisecup - Rochester

All... Burning time. The all-state players since the Central State Eight was put together in 2010 from the IHSFCA list. If I missed someone let me know. Ratsy

2010-
Colten Glazebrook (RB) Rochester 4A
Riley McMinn (DL) Rochester 4A
Tony Giovannelli (RB/DB) Chatham 5A
Nick Lonergan (QB) Jacksonville 5A
Jarrod Sergent (WR/DB) 5A

2011-
Zach Grant (WR) Rochester 4A
Wes Lunt (QB) Rochester 4A
Tony Giovannelli (DB) Chatham 5A
Pat Smith (QB) SHG 5A
Kemper Younkin (LB) SHG 5A
Jim Solberg (DB) Normal University 5A

2012-
Austin Green (QB) Rochester 4A
Garret Dooley (RB/LB) 4A
Chris Harris (RB/DB) SHG 5A
Daniel Helm (TE/LB) Chatham 5A
Dalton Keene (TE/DL) Jacksonville 5A

2013-
Robbie Kelley (QB) Rochester 4A
Matt Swaine (DL) Rochester 4A
Malik Turner (WR) 5A
Blake Hance (TE/DL) Jacksonville 5A
Kane Wildermuth (DL) Normal University 5A

2014-
Evan Semball (RB) Rochester 4A
Steve Russell (OL) Rochester 4A
Quinn Oseland (OL) SHG 5A
Gabe Megginson (OL) Jacksonville 5A
Nick Patkunas (DB) Normal University 5A
Shawntrez Spates (QB/DB) MacArthur 5A
Josh Talley (RB) Chatham 6A

2015-
Dan Ziegler (QB) Rochester 4A
Kenny Hedges (RB) Rochester 4A
Sam Bonansinga (WR) SHG 6A

2016-
Avante Cox (WR/DB) Rochester 4A
Cayleb Dehority (QB) Eisenhower
James White (WR/DB) Jacksonville 5A
Tim Brenneisen (QB) SHG 6A
Tremayne Lee (RB) SHG 6A

2017-
Nic Baker (QB) Rochester 4A
Amir Brummett (QB/DB) MacArthur 5A
Armon Brummett (WR/DB) MacArthur 5A
Spencer Redd (DB) SHG 6A
Cameron Jones (WR) Springfield High 6A

2018-
Cade Eddington (WR) Rochester 4A
Jeffrey Wells (DB) MacArthur 5A
Matt Brenneisen (LB) SHG 6A
Luke Lehnen (QB) Chatham 6A

2019-
Clay Bruno (QB) Rochester 5A
Isaiah Thompson (QB) SHG 5A
Jeffrey Wells (DB) MacArthur 5A
Luke Lehnen (QB) Chatham 6A
Narkel LeFlore RB Chatham 6A

2020-
Hank Beatty (QB/QB/RB) Rochester 4A
Jacob DuRocher (RB) Rochester 4A
Isaiah Thompson (QB/QB/P) SHG 5A
Reese Edwards (LB/TE) SHG 5A
Jake Burris (QB/LB) Chatham 6A

2021-
Hank Beatty (QB/WR) Rochester 4A
Johnny Neal (LB) Rochester 4A
Ty Lott (QB) SHG 4A
Cory West (LB) 4A
Elijah Owens (QB) Jacksonville 5A
Rashad Rochelle (QB/WR) Springfield High 6A

2022-
Keeton Reiss (QB) Rochester 4A
Ty Lott (QB) SHG 4A
Cory West (LB/RB) SHG 4A
Elijah Owens (QB) Jacksonville 5A

Sports 1450 has a piece up with the new Southeast head coach, Michael Kinkade. He has quite a bit of experience and has been an assistant coach for the Spartans most recently.

All..... Rochester travels to Peoria game one of the the new season. Are there any Peoria fans that would know if the stadium rehab that has been going on will be ready. Below is a picture of it. An old newspaper article said the completion date would be 2024. I recently read the track and turf install was being done this spring.

If the complex is not ready I assume the game would be played at Peoria Richwoods. The Knights are on the road week one and play Bloomington which would free up that field. Seating is concrete and all on one side . That would be interesting. Ratsy

They'd better have Peoria Stadium open; if that's not available then they'll be trying to cram Richwoods, Peoria High, Manual, and PND all into Richwoods's grass field. At least two games a week most weeks - what a mess. Or they could be using others (East Peoria, Limestone, etc.), but without having any knowledge of the situation, I hope to heck that it's gonna be available.

They'd better have Peoria Stadium open; if that's not available then they'll be trying to cram Richwoods, Peoria High, Manual, and PND all into Richwoods's grass field. At least two games a week most weeks - what a mess. Or they could be using others (East Peoria, Limestone, etc.), but without having any knowledge of the situation, I hope to heck that it's gonna be available.

All... I just checked schedulenet. If what they show is correct PND is playing Peoria (Manual) at Richwoods that Friday. East Peoria is at Streator the same night so their stadium would be available. I have been to several 7 on7's at E.P. and they have a nice venue.

Hopefully Peoria Stadium will be ready and all of this is moot. Ratsy

All..... Rochester travels to Peoria game one of the the new season. Are there any Peoria fans that would know if the stadium rehab that has been going on will be ready. Below is a picture of it. An old newspaper article said the completion date would be 2024. I recently read the track and turf install was being done this spring.

If the complex is not ready I assume the game would be played at Peoria Richwoods. The Knights are on the road week one and play Bloomington which would free up that field. Seating is concrete and all on one side . That would be interesting. Ratsy

I know it's not used often, but the last time I was at Manual they had a field. A pretty nice one that doesn't get used at that... Has that been removed? There's next to no seating available but it's a field.

This is not CS=8 related but I noticed that Decatur St. Theresa put out their fall schedule. They now are playing as an independent after being voted out of their conference. They are playing the likes of Stockton and Lena-Winslow, (both regulars in the state finals year in and year out) 5A Highland, Althoff, Quincy Notre Dame, Breese Mater Dei, Principia, (a private school in St. Louis enrollment 457) and Tolono Unity and I believe Mowequa Central A and M. That's what happens when one's school is forced to go independent. And many of those games are on the road.....
One, being me, knows very well... QND has spent the better part of the last 3 decades as an independent. We had the benefit of being on a border so we could play a lot of MO schools. Not going to be easy for St. Teresa, a tiny program only accustomed to playing tiny schools. They're going to be forced to play up a few classes to find games. Or, as stated, you leave the state, sometimes. QND and BMD know very well the struggle to field 9 games... I don't see a way they scrap 5 wins together this year but you never know. QND and BMD are toss ups, really tough to say how the Raiders and Knights will look this year. But Althoff, Highland, Stockton, L-W, Unity on top of QND and BMD is a gauntlet of a schedule for a program like St. T. Their SOS must be looking pretty solid at the start of the year.

One, being me, knows very well... QND has spent the better part of the last 3 decades as an independent. We had the benefit of being on a border so we could play a lot of MO schools. Not going to be easy for St. Teresa, a tiny program only accustomed to playing tiny schools. They're going to be forced to play up a few classes to find games. Or, as stated, you leave the state, sometimes. QND and BMD know very well the struggle to field 9 games... I don't see a way they scrap 5 wins together this year but you never know. QND and BMD are toss ups, really tough to say how the Raiders and Knights will look this year. But Althoff, Highland, Stockton, L-W, Unity on top of QND and BMD is a gauntlet of a schedule for a program like St. T. Their SOS must be looking pretty solid at the start of the year.

All.... The Raiders have a tough opener. Quincy is on the rise and with what they have coming back will be good enough to compete with Moline and Sterling for that 1 spot in the Big Six. Ratsy

All.... The Raiders have a tough opener. Quincy is on the rise and with what they have coming back will be good enough to compete with Moline and Sterling for that 1 spot in the Big Six. Ratsy
Yeah, their QB seems like the real deal... Will be interesting to see if they can in fact win the conference and then make a run... Little has done a fine job across town, but I know they're itching for a legitimate run at 7A. And I'm not sure they're that good, yet.

Big (public) brother and it's inferiority complex doesn't take kindly to losing to little bro across town... They'll likely run the score up as high as a wing-t offense can this year.

All.... Sounded like it was a fun day at the 7 on 7 tournament in Chatham. Rochester takes the 4A as well as the overall 4, 5 and 6 final. SHG wins 5A and in the semi against the Rockets (see video) that game went down to the last play. Did not hear how Chatham or Springfield did or who ended up taking 6A.

I know it's 7 on 7 but am happy to hear with a new slinger and receiving core SHG did well on Friday. Ratsy

Last edited:
All.... Sounded like it was a fun day at the 7 on 7 tournament in Chatham. Rochester takes the 4A as well as the overall 4, 5 and 6 final. SHG wins 5A and in the semi against the Rockets (see video) that game went down to the last play. Did not hear how Chatham or Springfield did or who ended up taking 6A.

I know it's 7 on 7 but am happy to hear with a new slinger and receiving core SHG did well on Friday. Ratsy

Very nice event well hosted by Chatham. Quincy won 6A. I was at the Pool Play in the morning but did not stay for the afternoon session. It got very hot. Among Rochester's pool play opponents, Carterville and Mt Zion were both close contests. Henry Buecker was very impressive on Defense for Rochester with multiple INT's. His dad was in playoff form, sounding like his voice was going to be completely gone by the end of the day.

All.... Saw some video on Quincy. QB Little the coaches kid with the receivers he has back (and a new one) when the season gets going are going to do some damage in the Big 6 and postseason play. Lots of break away speed.

I was told about a week ago by one who would know that the word is Rochester will be "very good" this year. More so than usual. The 7 on 7's are certainly going well. P.S. Is that wind I hear blowing out of Richmond or sighing. :) Ratsy

Last edited:
Yeah, their QB seems like the real deal... Will be interesting to see if they can in fact win the conference and then make a run... Little has done a fine job across town, but I know they're itching for a legitimate run at 7A. And I'm not sure they're that good, yet.

Big (public) brother and it's inferiority complex doesn't take kindly to losing to little bro across town... They'll likely run the score up as high as a wing-t offense can this year.

All..... Well I just came across your schedule Roamin'. After Quincy on the road at Richmond-Burton and then at home against Mahomet-Seymour. Week seven St Teresa at your field. Raiders will need to finish strong in back half of the season. The life of an independent..... Ratsy

All..... Well I just came across your schedule Roamin'. After Quincy on the road at Richmond-Burton and then at home against Mahomet-Seymour. Week seven St Teresa at your field. Raiders will need to finish strong in back half of the season. The life of an independent..... Ratsy
That's 6A Quincy, 4A R-B, 5A M-S, and 2022 2A State Champion St. Teresa... John Burroughs is a toss-up at the end of the year. If QND doesn't slip up against the teams they should beat, that JB game W9, yet again, becomes the big one. Quincy will be a rout, they'll running clock us this year. R-B and M-S should win quite easily. No idea what to expect from St. T... And, the St. T game is in Decatur, not Quincy.

I fully expect us to go 0-3 into week 4... Hopefully we can ramble off 3 straight heading into St. T...

And, for anyone who cares (you don't)... but we do... QND's underclass schedule is 6 games... 3 Frosh, 3 JV... tough to get ready for the jump to the CS8 with that little preparation. Current expected roster size based on camps and last year is around 50 heads. We gon' need 'em all!

QND 2023 Schedule
W1 @ Quincy (Sr.)
W2 @ Richmond-Burton
W3 vs Mahomet-Seymour
W4 vs Hayti (MO)

W5 @ Southern Boone (MO)
W6 vs Father Tolton (MO)
W7 @ St. Teresa
W8 vs Soldan Int'l Studies (MO)
W9 vs John Burroughs (MO)

Last edited:
The bottom half of the conference is likely to include Lincoln (4-5 in the Apollo last year), U High (3-6), Southeast (1-8), Lanphier (1-8), and Eisenhower (1-8). After taking a closer look at each of their schedules, it appears that Lincoln and Southeast have the best draws. This may not result in either team making a run at 5 wins but it gives them a fighting chance. Lincoln has 4 games against teams which were 1-8 last year (Southeast, Lanphier, Eisenhower, and Peoria Manual) and also plays U High, who has to replace their QB who was most of their Offense. Lincoln also does not play SHG and MacArthur. Southeast plays three 1-8 teams (Lanphier, Eisenhower, and Peoria Richwoods) along with U High and Lincoln. The Spartans also don't face Chatham and Rochester.

For the top half of the conference a young SHG team doesn't face Springfield, Chatham, and Rochester until Weeks 5, 6, and 9 and this will allow them to gain some critical game experience. Chatham and Rochester are also home games. Springfield may have the toughest schedule having to play Rochester, Chatham, and SHG over a 4-week period from Weeks 2-5, with Rochester and SHG being road games. They also play Normal West (9-2 last season) on the road in Week 7. The winner of Jacksonville-MacArthur in Week 2 has a decent chance of getting 5 wins, while the loser has a more difficult path to the playoffs.

Reactions: net-se
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT